Feel Sorry For Pasha

1235»

Comments

• Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    It was the production teams idea of showing Kim skiving that put her undeservedly in the dance off. Admit you shouldn't make it up, but the crew should have covered that up as that was a very bad edit for her. Pasha will eventually get a winning student I feel and it will be only a matter of time when it materializes. Do feel the BBC had it in for Kim a tad especially when len said he had high expectations for her, Glenn and Andrea have almost influenced the judges to be bullies which they don't like being. :mad:

Then again they are making tv for them rather than us. Their hands were so tied in playing the cynical game to bleed us to watch it. Then again with the director general situation they were quite temperamental and took out their anger on the judges a tad. That enhanced at times an atmosphere that wasn't always pleasant to watch and their was just the sense of irritable people in the studio at times. :(

Hope that Glenn and Andrea do a better job of exec producers next year and can be a bit more professional as at times for me can have the hump subconsciously.

How on earth do you know it was the production teams decision :confused: IMO it was Kimberley and her management's decision to prioritise recording her album, so I doubt if the producers had any choice but to film the VT in the recording studio! I don't know this for sure but that's how it came across to me.

And pleaase Kim was not bullied just because Len said he had 'high expectations' of her! It's kind of insulting to people who have actually suffered from real bullying to call a mild telling off 'bullying'! Louis also at times got harsh criticism from the judges and comments along the lines that they wanted him to perform better and he took it on the chin. I think a lof people expected her to be better than she was in the earlier stages, I know I did although she did improve in the latter stages.I don't feel Kim was badly treated at all! Some people even think she was overrated because the BBC wanted her to get to the finals!
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Think you have said it very strong that Kim was overrated, yes the judges are toeing the line with their bosses a bit more as they are putting up with it for the money. Just wish people would vote more for the dancing rather than the most likeable sort of thing. Face it this way BBC are no charity, they are there to make money from votes and by the judges being harder they can maximize revenue more. A revamp of the show I think is imminent. :)

Having said that I've been doing my homework on creating threads to remove Sir Bruce as I believe when he dithers he can give contestants a bad name. BBC do their level best to lie about that too, when scd comes back in the autumn this year I hope big changes are made as although it was a very successful series ratings wise and the best talent shows at the NTAs it still had this tendency of having some controversial bits too. :(

For the show to go forward now they need Karen hardy on the panel badly, was very impressed by her ITT contributions and that she is more impartial too. :D
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think you have said it very strong that Kim was overrated, yes the judges are toeing the line with their bosses a bit more as they are putting up with it for the money. Just wish people would vote more for the dancing rather than the most likeable sort of thing. Face it this way BBC are no charity, they are there to make money from votes and by the judges being harder they can maximize revenue more. A revamp of the show I think is imminent. :)

I didn't say I thought Kim was overrated I said some people thought she was - if you read this thread and some of the threads around the time of strictly you'll read comments that say as much! Some people think she was treated with kid gloves and overmarked in some dances. I stated it to counterbalance your 'bullying' consipiracy theory that the BBC 'had it in' for Kimberely ;)
  • Options
    missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    ! It's kind of insulting to people who have actually suffered from real bullying to call a mild telling off 'bullying'!!

I agree with you Topaz, this word "bullying" is used inappropriately and too lightly in many instances.

if we removed the terms "expect more from you", "not achieving your full potential", "could do better" we would not be doing anyone any favours - sometimes "honesty is the best policy" is the right approach and it certainly helped with Kimberley and Louis because they both took this on board as they both acknowledged in the subsequent VTs and interviews.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Just think scd is a bit about the men and women behind the scenes too much topaz. It's them that are getting the judges to be fiestier for ratings reasons, need to accept that producers aren't always gonna make tv for me. Simple as that. :cool:

At the end of the day I should look at scd as a bit of a pantomime really instead of taking it literally. :p
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Laila

lesley Garrett

Both had potential....

Patsy Palmer as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Just think scd is a bit about the men and women behind the scenes too much topaz. It's them that are getting the judges to be fiestier for ratings reasons, need to accept that producers aren't always gonna make tv for me. Simple as that. :cool:

At the end of the day I should look at scd as a bit of a pantomime really instead of taking it literally. :p

Have to say you are on the mark with your train of thinking. The same thing has happened with the US DWTS. Difference is a few of the PROs have talked about it publically and it involves 2 of the same Judges Bruno and Glen. CAI has never been a favorite judge or had much credibility. Also in the US, the PRO's are respected alot more than the judges because it is recognized that they are the real talent in the show and the ones doing all the hard work. They have been able to move into acting and other areas of entertainment where they can make more money. As a result most of the US PROs are more famous than some of the celebs now appearing on the show and most have talked about leaving when contracts end or they have already gone on to other successful projects and dance part time on DWTS. The ratings have also suffered to go from over 20 million viewers to approximately 14 is a big drop.