Options

S Club 7

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,032
    Forum Member
    I'm really in two minds about it. The child in me wants to so much because I remember how much fun I had going to see them on the carnival tour but then the adult watched Children In Need and is telling me to avoid it.
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I love their music and glad to see them reunited! :)
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    And Hannah.

Damn straight! Worth the ticket price to see her alone. :D
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was always my least favourite.

Very mannish!
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i always wanted to see them as a kid but never did :( so i'm definitely taking the chance now. hopefully i can get good tickets :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel was always overrated to me. She has great tits but other than that I've never understood her huge sex appeal to men. I always thought Hannah was gorgeous and Hannah and Tina looked way better than Rachel the other night.

Anyway, I can understand why to the adult ear they might sound awful but I loved S Club as a kid, all their music was fun and had good messages and I would much rather children be listening to and watching S Club or something similar instead of Nicki Minaj etc.
    I don't think they should get back together properly though. They have obviously lost it now and like people have said, it will ruin the childhood memories many of us have of them.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be good for nostalgia but I think some things are best left in the past as it ruin my good memories of them. Their CIN performance was just awful.

Tbh as an adult now it would be a bit cringeworthy to watch a bunch of 30 years olds dance and sing to teen pop music from 15 years ago.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    It would be good for nostalgia but I think some things are best left in the past as it ruin my good memories of them. Their CIN performance was just awful.

Tbh as an adult now it would be a bit cringeworthy to watch a bunch of 30 years olds dance and sing to teen pop music from 15 years ago.

Oh it's proper cringe, but so much fun!
  • Options
    rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I saw it Friday night it was good as I was drunk, just watched it back sober and well, it just plain awful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    When I saw it Friday night it was good as I was drunk, just watched it back sober and well, it just plain awful

I will be drunk when I go :D
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    And Tina.

Any Jo fans?

The racist one?

No, not a fan.
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched their CIN performance on Youtube and it's really sad how terrible Jo's voice is now. She used to be the best singer of the lot by far, from what I remember, and now she can't hit the right notes to save her life.

Other than that, I thought it was quite fun for what it was - a nostalgia trip not to be taken too seriously. A vast improvement over the time three of them performed on Australian TV a while back.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After the way they acted on the Liquid News interview, I went right off them. Very bratish.
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £35 + fees - thats me out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you live under a rock or something? That's a very reasonable price for concert tickets these days.

Don't take a look at what the bigger names out there charge, you'll probably have a heart attack.
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Do you live under a rock or something? That's a very reasonable price for concert tickets these days.

Don't take a look at what the bigger names out there charge, you'll probably have a heart attack.

Do you live under a rock? Did you miss the CIN performance - £35 after that?!

What will probably end up more like £45 after booking fees and postage is not a 'very' reasonable price - in my opinion - for a concert of this nature.

I am well aware what the bigger acts charge already, but thankyou for your concern for my wellbeing.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally love Jo/Jon/Hannah/Tina.

Yes I did say Jo, yes get over it.
  • Options
    RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my tickets sorted today. Can't wait! :D Obviously, they've changed a lot since back in the day, but I think it's always lovely to have a trip down memory lane, even if it's not quite how you remembered it. Hope Jo can sort her voice out a bit before the tour though!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »

Exactly. I loved them as a kid but I think going to the reunion tour would ruin all my good memories of them :( They were a product of their time and some things should remain in the past. Same with the music. I somehow couldn't see cheesy pop like that fitting into the modern music scene. Most kids today certainly wouldn't be interested in it and a lot would probably even laugh at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keviness wrote: »
    I personally love Jo/Jon/Hannah/Tina.

Yes I did say Jo, yes get over it.

I like Jo too. Her voice is nothing compared to what it used to be but I do like her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. I loved them as a kid but I think going to the reunion tour would ruin all my good memories of them :( They were a product of their time and some things should remain in the past. Same with the music. I somehow couldn't see cheesy pop like that fitting into the modern music scene. Most kids today certainly wouldn't be interested in it and a lot would probably even laugh at it.

I don't think they will try to fit in the modern music scene. They will do what Steps did, a nostalgia tour and possibly even a greatest hits album. I thought Steps was going to be bad but it ended up being a great night out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I will be up near the front, so probably be a lot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you live under a rock? Did you miss the CIN performance - £35 after that?!

What will probably end up more like £45 after booking fees and postage is not a 'very' reasonable price - in my opinion - for a concert of this nature.

I am well aware what the bigger acts charge already, but thankyou for your concern for my wellbeing.

For what it's worth, I've never been a big fan of S Club 7 and apart from checking out the CIN performance out of curisoity, have no interest in their comeback However if you aren't even on planning to go why be so annoyed over the ticket prices? That makes no sense - hence my earlier post.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't think they will try to fit in the modern music scene. They will do what Steps did, a nostalgia tour and possibly even a greatest hits album. I thought Steps was going to be bad but it ended up being a great night out.

I haven't heard anything about a new album, so I guess that's unlikely. I'd be surprised if they released a greatest hits album as they already released one, unless they added a couple of new songs. I know the tour is going ahead but I don't know about anything else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Jo too. Her voice is nothing compared to what it used to be but I do like her

I felt incredibly sorry for her after the Big Brother race row. Danielle Lloyd got her tits out, Jade Goody got ill, so Jo was left to take all the backlash years after the incident had blown ever. I never felt Jo deserved even half of the thrashing she got when you compare her behaviour in the house to the other two.

It's sad her voice is gone.