Options

Is the new Apprentice just one long Dragon's Den?

spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hate to say I told you so but after the first episode of this series I posted a thread asking what people thought of the new prize and warned that it fundamentally changed how the competition worked but most people said at the time they liked the idea. I suggested as the time it was now just one long episode of dragon's den...

...and so it turns out I was right. Alan Sugar has agreed to invest £250k in a Nail File that one of the contestants had invented prior to the show.

Comments

• Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Previous ones haven't been, but the last episode of this series may as well have been transfered from the Apprentice location to the Dragon's Den studio.

Maybe next series, if they keep with the same prize, they should tailor the tasks to be more linked with running a setup that would be similar to the one they would be runnng in their propsed business plan. I don't know how they would set the tasks out to do that though. Maybe less candiates and less tasks with the emphasis of being a good sales person would be a good change.

And Dragon's Den is starting soon!
    With a new lady (who looks abit scary on first glance) :eek:
  • Options
    aussie_dave_aussie_dave_ Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »

And Dragon's Den is starting soon!
    With a new lady (who looks abit scary on first glance) :eek:

I think we all know what Deborah Meeden looks like.

The shock factor of seeing her for the first time wears off though.
  • Options
    Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we all know what Deborah Meeden looks like.

The shock factor of seeing her for the first time wears off though.

Deborah looks fine in comparison to Hilary Devey.