What is the point of Week by Week Tasks?

umgeeumgee Posts: 1,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What's the point of them if they're not the true basis in which you'll use to choose the eventual winner?

I missed tonights episode and the one when Melody was fired, but I've seen the rest, and Tom was always crap.
The only thing he had going for him was perhaps his business plan/idea.

Shouldn't he be on another show? Perhaps 10mins of Tom on a Dragons Den show would have been enough, instead of weeks and weeks of seemingly irrelevant evaluation.

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree, it was pointless. A big let down for me. And the final business plan was pontless too as Toms was rubbish and he still wins.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Such a pity.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, the format this year has been completely flawed. Hope they go back to the original format next year.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like everything was the same up untill the last week. I agree. Tom was probably one of the weaker candidates, but his idea was the best.
  • telly fantelly fan Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree totally :(
  • faith11faith11 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umgee wrote: »
    What's the point of them if they're not the true basis in which you'll use to choose the eventual winner?

I missed tonights episode and the one when Melody was fired, but I've seen the rest, and Tom was always crap.
    The only thing he had going for him was perhaps his business plan/idea.

Shouldn't he be on another show? Perhaps 10mins of Tom on a Dragons Den show would have been enough, instead of weeks and weeks of seemingly irrelevant evaluation.

Whilst I think Susan should have won because out of all the finalists,she had the best entrepreneurial experience and also did well in tasks,as she didn't win,I felt it was right that Tom won because Helen winning would have been cheating.She tried to introduce a second business idea at the last minute because the first one was unpopular.She did not deserve a win because of that.So Tom winning by default out of the final two was the right decision.
  • geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But wasn't it clear from the beginning that the judgements would be different this year? EG I thought Lord Alan said on a number of occassions that just selling wasn't what he wanted. Tom demonstrated in the tasks that he had good ideas and could cost well which was way and above what the other canditates and most of the finalists could offer.

Helen simply wans't an innovator, Susan needs to much mentoring though it looks like she'll be getting some of that anyway. Jim was there to make up the numbers and keep us talking.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This partnership concept is very flawed as it seems the only candidates who stand a chance of winning are those who have started their own business.

As LS stated if it was the original Apprentice concept there was only one outstanding candidate who he would have chosen, Helen.

If the BBC and LS are going to continue with this partnership concept they should for future programmes only choose candidates who have started and run their own businesses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    i saw the tasks as stages in the interview process. every task was pretty much testing their skills/ competences..until finally the remaining get to present their idea to LS.
    I dont think the tasks actually measure the ability of all of the candidates though..some fly under the radar
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To make an entertaining TV series?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member

I think alot of peeps forget that ;)
  • umgeeumgee Posts: 1,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was that a question or a statement?

Dissatisfaction=/=entertainment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrlimbo wrote: »
    I think alot of peeps forget that ;)

Nah. I guess you just can't understand the peoples problem with the flawed format.

I don't think most Apprentice viewers watch the show with the mindset "I don't care if it makes any sense or not, I just want to be entertained. EXPLOSIONS & PEANUT BUTTER!!!"
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that a question or a statement?

I don't understand the point of your question. It was an answer to your original post, inviting a response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Nah. I guess you just can't understand the peoples problem with the flawed format.

I don't think most Apprentice viewers watch the show with the mindset "I don't care if it makes any sense or not, I just want to be entertained. EXPLOSIONS & PEANUT BUTTER!!!"

No , the format is to get the most viewers they can , full stop , thats it , your deluded if you think otherwise :rolleyes:
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    As LS stated if it was the original Apprentice concept there was only one outstanding candidate who he would have chosen, Helen.

I wouldn't even be too sure of that really. It's arguable that in every single series the strongest candidate in the tasks hasn't won in the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What was flawed with the format though? It was explained at the beginning that this was to be about an invetsment into a partner's business idea.

It made sense to me and I was entertained without any explosions in sight.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Apprentice has become Dragons Den Mk 2. LS may as well stop wasting candidates time over 12 weeks and have them just present their business plans.

Tonight marks the end of the Apprentice and I predict a big fall in viewers in the future. I'm not sure if I'll bother to tune into any future programmes.
  • ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    faith11 wrote: »
    Whilst I think Susan should have won because out of all the finalists,she had the best entrepreneurial experience and also did well in tasks,as she didn't win,I felt it was right that Tom won because Helen winning would have been cheating.She tried to introduce a second business idea at the last minute because the first one was unpopular.She did not deserve a win because of that.So Tom winning by default out of the final two was the right decision.

But Lord Sugar had no interest in Tom's chair pitch and even took the mick out of it on Dara's show.So it was not Tom's first business plan that won it for him either.Tom could have pitched a car made of jelly and Sugar still would of hired him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the point of your question. It was an answer to your original post, inviting a response.

lol you should have read past the "?" then. Maybe that would have helped?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrlimbo wrote: »
    No , the format is to get the most viewers they can , full stop , thats it , your deluded if you think otherwise :rolleyes:

Umm, I don't think you know what format means lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was flawed with the format though? It was explained at the beginning that this was to be about an invetsment into a partner's business idea.

It made sense to me and I was entertained without any explosions in sight.

Lol, I think most of the more intelligent people have gone to bed. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I think most of the more intelligent people have gone to bed. :eek:

And yet you're still up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    I agree, the format this year has been completely flawed. Hope they go back to the original format next year.

I think they ditched the original goal because it was becoming diffcult to argue with a straight face that being buried somewhere in Viglen or Amscreen for a few months with nothing much to do was a "dream job".

Although The Apprentice is still much better than most reality shows, it has one problem that the likes of Big Brother don't: it's pretending to be something it isn't. On BB, if contestants claim to be involved "for the experience" or something, the programme (i.e. the presenters, spin-offs etc) mocks this and cheerfully admits the only reason to take part is a lunge at zelebrity. But The Apprentice wants to be at least a half-serious business programme, and is still searching for a "prize" that will reinforce these pretensions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    The Apprentice has become Dragons Den Mk 2. LS may as well stop wasting candidates time over 12 weeks and have them just present their business plans.

Tonight marks the end of the Apprentice and I predict a big fall in viewers in the future. I'm not sure if I'll bother to tune into any future programmes.

I have also said this. Truly the END. The only thing that can save it is if they have all given business plans at the beginning which LS agrees to. And the winner decided on the tasks alone. Otherwise like you say its doomed!