The Wanted - Are they nearly over?

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the US, the album sold just over 17k in the opening week, according to Hits Daily Double. That is very low numbers, considering how much promotion they did there.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have spent the best part of two years insulting a lot of artists. Therefore alienating a large chunk of music buyers.

James Arthur will suffer the same fate.

I see in their latest interview they are doing some damage limitation but I think it is too late
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's time for The Wanted to give it up now. Their latest video/song is terrible. I think they come off as over confident and arrogant which does not help with the image.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    They have spent the best part of two years insulting a lot of artists. Therefore alienating a large chunk of music buyers.

On top of that, they tried too desperately to break America, they practically ditched a good career here for one hit wonder status in America, which peed off UK fans
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It really is time idiots with these bad attitudes were brought down a peg or two and not rewarded for "keeping it real"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    On top of that, they tried too desperately to break America, they practically ditched a good career here for one hit wonder status in America, which peed off UK fans

The Wanted are just jealous of a certain other boy band who hit America at the same time they did. Now, that other group has reached a level of popularity unprecedented for a British boy band, while The Wanted's momentum completely collapsed in a matter of months.

In the US, I think The Wanted would go down in history as a very unsuccessful group who were desperate to become popular.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know their record sales aren't big but they do have a fanbase and live following in several countries. They won't be dropped. Whether they split will be another issue.

Their last three songs have been very standard boyband fodder losing their signature sound of being a bit edgy. One Direction with their more acoustic sound have found their niche and they blend well together. Lawson also seem to be doing well - and could have a big second album era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    I know their record sales aren't big but they do have a fanbase and live following in several countries. They won't be dropped. Whether they split will be another issue.

Their last three songs have been very standard boyband fodder losing their signature sound of being a bit edgy. One Direction with their more acoustic sound have found their niche and they blend well together. Lawson also seem to be doing well - and could have a big second album era.

They don't seem to have much of a fanbase in the US. They have a sizable fanbase in the Kingdom, but the one they have in the U.S. is less than 1/10th the size of 1D's.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is a bit ridiculous, now isn't it?:D not so much the scenario of them being over, which musically and commercially is true to a degree, but because of the petty comments from the subtle as a brick one direction fans.:o one direction are a phenomenon, obviously not on the scale of the spice girls, but their success will not have any lasting longevity either.;) the wanted are unlucky, unlikeable and much of their music is crap. whereas, one direction are lucky, likeable, but again, much of their music is crap too.;)