martial arts fans please help!!

chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
Forum Member
I am a huge Tony jaa fan,but as he has made so few.I am looking for some others like his.

i have been told "born to fight" and "bankock knockout " are great but while i can find them with subs(my preferred way) i cant seem to find english dubbed versions.its the only way my friends will watch them.does anyone have any such links where i may be able to dl dubbed versions of these movies?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!:)

Comments

• JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a huge Tony jaa fan,but as he has made so few.I am looking for some others like his.

i have been told "born to fight" and "bankock knockout " are great but while i can find them with subs(my preferred way) i cant seem to find english dubbed versions.its the only way my friends will watch them.does anyone have any such links where i may be able to dl dubbed versions of these movies?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!:)

Chocolate & Raging Phoenix spring to mind - as for English dubbed? No idea but perhap dvdcompare will help.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I was going to recommend Chocolate. It's not really like Jaa but it's also not all wire-fu.
    Personally I thought Raging Phoenix was pants.

IP Man has more natural fight scenes also.
    You may want to check out other Donnie Yen movies.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know much about martial arts films (not that keen on them), but The Raid: Redemption has similar insane fights.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Jaa's "Warrior King" is brilliant
    I have had "Chocolate" on my shelf for well over a year now and I've still not watched it ! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Tony Jaa's "Warrior King" is brilliant
    I have had "Chocolate" on my shelf for well over a year now and I've still not watched it ! :D

You really should watch it soon, it's brilliant! Fight scenes are epic!
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Kuro Obi" (Black Belt) is a good one.
    It stars Tatsuya Naka, 6th Dan Instructor of the Japan Karate Association (JKA)
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Chocolate, crazy film but so enjoyable :D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Not heard of Bangkok Knockout, I enjoyed Born to Fight, some of the fighting in that film was crazy.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some obvious choices for me like Hero and House of Flying Daggers but both are a bit more fantastical in terms of the fighting. And of course the Bruce Lee films.

I do love the Police Story films with Jackie Chan. Some of his best work.
    Oh and the Jet Li Once Upon a Time films are amongst my favourites.

Wing Chun has both Donnie Yen and Michelle Yeoh and is a great under recognised martila rats films. #
    Drunken Master 2 is worth watching as well!
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    There are some obvious choices for me like Hero and House of Flying Daggers but both are a bit more fantastical in terms of the fighting.

Those two are wuxia films, aren't they? Wuxia films are supposed to be more fantastical in terms of fighting, storytelling and so on?