Nick Cotton as Lucy's killer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
Forum Member
I really hope that Nick Cotton is revealed as the killer of Lucy; I mean, imagine the aftermath of the climax of the Who Killed Lucy? Storyline, Dot would probably be torn between letting him to on the run for her minder of handing him in the to the police. Also, imagine how the rest of the Square would feel if he was revealed as Lucy's killer, Ian would be furious, Sharon would be gobsmacked, hopefully the entire Square will turn against Dot & Charlie when it's revealed that Nick's still alive and kicking.

Now, here's the thing: if Nick is revealed as the killer, how would like it to play out?

Do you want to see Nick die whilst running away from the Police?

Would you like to see him go on the run?

Or, and this is the wildcard choice, would you like to see him get caught, confess to Lucy's murder and kill himself in prison out of guilt and shame?

Let me know your opinions.

Comments

• Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I think it will be highly unlikely to be Nick.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he'll be linked somehow and that he'll most likely die during the 30th anniversary week but I'm not sure he'll be the killer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I feel it would be a letdown if it was him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Why would it be a letdown?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the stories will somehow begin to tie together in time for the anniversary somehow but Nick won't be the killer.

The description of it all being "heartbreaking" sounds like it will be someone close to Lucy who inadvertently caused her death.
  • mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't be Nick, but he will probably be involved indirectly. I also suspect he will die as part of the 30th.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I feel it would be a letdown if it was him.

Agreed. too cliched.
  • carcasscarcass Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    If nick dies
    I quit enders.
    Dot is a legend, bout square turn against her. ..
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be a cop out if was anyone that wasn't on the show at Easter
  • sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping we aren't stuck with him from now to February....:(:(
  • tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    carcass wrote: »
    If nick dies
    I quit enders.

Even if he does die, they'll still bring him back again
  • Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I just watched Mondays episodes.

I am very confused! Doesn't Dot Branning know that "Nasty" Nick Cotton killed Reg Cox? Do the residents even know? Or was it just "Dirty" Den Watts that found out when they were in prison together?
  • Bernard_Doyle1Bernard_Doyle1 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I was on This Morning a few months ago and while waiting in the green room I was speaking to Sharon Marshall and she informed me it was Nick Cotton who killed Lucy
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I think the stories will somehow begin to tie together in time for the anniversary somehow but Nick won't be the killer.

The description of it all being "heartbreaking" sounds like it will be someone close to Lucy who inadvertently caused her death.

Agreed, they also said it'd be tragic but it'd somehow make sense to the viewers, whereas we don't have any motive for Nick to kill Lucy since he's not too bothered about being found to be alive.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    It'd be very predictable but it could be good. It'd certainly tie in nicely for the anniversary, coming full circle and that.
  • jivinjayjivinjay Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I've thought that since his return was announced. Don't forget that EE started 30 years ago with him killing someone.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I think it would be a cop out if was anyone that wasn't on the show at Easter

This. It wouldn't be fair. But I'm sure both Rainie and Nick, as drug addicts, will tie in there somewhere. And I'm still convinced Dean is on the cocaine too.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I doubt it would be him he wasn't around at Easter. I think Ben has something to do with it, either that or Ronnie and Charlie.

Also I don't see what killing him off would achieve. He is not a permanent character, he comes and goes but he is always out there which is the way it should be. If they do kill him off I can't see Dot staying around, it was June Brown after all who talked them into bringing Nick back in the last time.

Also if they do kill him off that would be the end of Eastenders for me, it would be sensationalist crap to satisfy those that don't get Nick Cotton. It would also be another death knell for the history of the show, killing Den off was a mistake, killing Pat off was a mistake, killing Nick off would be another mistake.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was on This Morning a few months ago and while waiting in the green room I was speaking to Sharon Marshall and she informed me it was Nick Cotton who killed Lucy

Hmmm..
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That would be incredible given she doesn't know herself :p:D

It would be a copout to be Nick. The months and months of the storyline would be pointless if it was all for someone who wasn't even in the show at the time.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched Mondays episodes.

I am very confused! Doesn't Dot Branning know that "Nasty" Nick Cotton killed Reg Cox? Do the residents even know? Or was it just "Dirty" Den Watts that found out when they were in prison together?

I believe it is only Den yes...though Den could have told someone...his daughter for instance.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick killed Lucy.

Ian/Peter kill Nick and get away with it because Nick is already dead.

Ta-Dah!