The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board

Comments

• emmalou78emmalou78 Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks for the lovely interview Pashafan... :)

How sweet is he!!!!...awww....:o:o

Sooo agree emma....:mad::(...Hope he finds true love soon...:(

He deserves to, lets hope Marian does another interview with him when the tour gets to Ireland, she is brilliant at asking the right kind of questions.
    It most certainly would be if Pasha was the breakfast or just sitting at the breakfast table eating alongside one's self ;)

I don't think I would feel like eating, listening to that gorgeous accent and looking into those gorgeous eyes :o
  • SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I posted a report on Artem's thread of my evening at Brendan's show Licence to Thrill.

If you scroll down Katya's tweets, she tweeted to Richard Curwen (BBC) that she has decided to join the cruise in March. It wasn't on the list but there is a cruise to N Africa. This may be a SCD themed cruise or a private one.

OK thanks Silversandy.
    Does this mean that Pasha will also be joining the cruise in March?:) Hopefully Katya will tweet or post pics once the cruise has started.
    Not much time to practice for their tour with the other pro couple though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    What can I say except many thanks Pashafan for posting this.:) Must have taken you a wee while, at least, to type all parts (didn't know you knew Arabic or whatever language it was in.;))
    Another great interview from Pasha and we get to see more of his character and personality too. What a grounded young man.
    Just a shame his family couldn't see him dance in the U.K or in the States:(;hopefully one day.:)

It is really sad about his family not seeing him too much, they probably watch him on the internet, hopefully they may have visited the UK to watch him on Strictly or one day that they will........ I really hope that they have been able to see him and all the amazing things he has achieved.:(
    Forum Member
    It looks as though you are going to have Marion's interview to read soon.

This was the tweet from Katya

Katya Virshilas‏@KatyaVirshilas

@Richardbbc @klauskongsdal22 thank you darrrrling! See you in march;) btw I've decide to Get on the cruise from London on the original datex

She cannot dance alone so it must include Pasha.

Thanks Silversandy.
    BIB so hope so, although Katya's husband is a pro dancer/judge.
    Links to Marian's interview have been posted earlier. She asked all the right questions and by the sounds of things had a whale of a time.:p
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    It looks as though you are going to have Marion's interview to read soon.

This was the tweet from Katya

Katya Virshilas‏@KatyaVirshilas

@Richardbbc @klauskongsdal22 thank you darrrrling! See you in march;) btw I've decide to Get on the cruise from London on the original datex

She cannot dance alone so it must include Pasha.
    OK thanks Silversandy.
    Does this mean that Pasha will also be joining the cruise in March?:) Hopefully Katya will tweet or post pics once the cruise has started.

Thanks for the info silversandy... :)

Well if Pasha is indeed doing it with Katya, doing the cruise would only mean they would be practising on board...as I suspect it would be their own dances that they would be doing... Although that would mean there would be less time with Lindsay and Ryan...but if the format is the same as last year ,they had only two dances with all four together...that shouldnt be too hard to work with...:)

Plus from what I heard, the dancers dont stay on board for the whole duration of the cruise...so it is very much doable...:)

Unless she is doing this tour with the hubby... a working holiday... :)
  • cheryl_quinneycheryl_quinney Posts: 3,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashafan wrote: »
    Pasha Kovalev - "Stars Cafe" Interview
    Part 3: Personality

- What did fame change in you? And is your view to the World still the same?
    I don't think i changed much because of the fame but i start to look at things different because of experience i gained during the show.

- One of your friends in "SYTYCD" said once that you take care of your looks more than girls, is that true?
    It was just a joke we did once. They wanted us to tell to audience something new about ourself every show so they ask us to say what we don't like about our dance partners. at that point i was dancing with Sara and we couldn't come up with anything bad about each other. So we decided to make a joke and blame each other at being so picky with the way we dress and getting ready. I don't think it came across as we planed. O well...

- What are the most things you love about yourself? And what are the most things you hate?
    It's very hard question. I like that some times i can see no problem in things that people think is very problematic. And i don't like that sometimes i procrastinate.

- The best decision of your life was…?
    To stay with my dance career and move around following my dream.

- The worst decision of your life was…?
    I'm not sure. i didn't do anything that i really would regret so much. I just trying to learn from any experience i get positive or negative.

- I am trying to know more about Pasha the person, tell me something that people did not know about you yet!
    i have a sweet tooth. i eat some sort of sweets every day and a lot of it... Everything with chocolate in it.

- How difficult is it to be an entertainer and have to make people happy whenever they see you?
    If you are enjoying what you do people will see and feel it and enjoy it with you. So for me i just have to do what i love (dancing) and that makes people happy. beautiful things make people happy and dancing is one of them.

- Many of your fans ask "Is Pasha In Love?"
    I am. i met this wonderful girl here in LA during the show. So we are together and she is my girlfriend now.

- What does love mean to you?
    Love is the most important thing in this world. We all need love. Sometimes its hard for us to give or receive love from other people but we have to keep trying anyway. Love makes me a complete person. And I'm loving being in love too.

- How do express your love to someone?
    Sometimes just a look is enough. Sometimes you have to show the person you love your feelings by taking care of them. love is about giving. you have to give your everything to love ones. just trust yourself and your heart and you'll find the way to express your love.

- Does anything change in your behaviors when you're in love?
    You cant see anything else but the subject of your obsession. Everything seams easier to do and achieve. And you feel that your soul is up in the sky all the time

- How many was your heart broken?
    Not that many really. during my younger years i was busy with my dancing and didn't have anything serious going on. Later i had a girlfriend for a few years and it was hard when we broke up.

- Did you visit the Middle East before? And what do you know about the Arabian culture?
    unfortunately i didn't have chance to visit Middle East Before. But i read a lot about the culture and traditions and art.

- Some people in our region do not accept to have a male dancer in their family, what do you tell them?
    Well that is all about the culture i think. Here in US too i see how hard it is for young boys to be dancers. Its more respectful to do some sort of sport then dancing. People do not think that dancing makes a man out of boy but i would disagree. Dancing teaches how to take care of a girl, if you learn to respect girls when you are young you will carry it with you through all your life. Plus dancing is perfect for exercises. when you dance you use all your body and become very strong and healthy.

- If any talented dancer wants to go professional in this domain, what tips do you give him?
    Its all about dedication and commitment. If you want to succeed in any thing in this life you have to be strong inside. Know what you want and pursuit it no mater what. To be a professional dancer means that you are well trained with the best coaches. You need to spend some time studding dance traditions and stiles. You have to learn how to perform and connect to audience. But if you chose to be a dancer it means that you already have some of that knowledge and passion inside. And now you just have to take it to the next level. The beautiful thing to me that in dancing there is no limit to how good you can become, only you can decide!

- Your last word to "Stars Café" magazine.
    Thank you so much for opportunity to share my story and thoughts with all of your readers. Keep up the good work in entertaining people and teaching them about beautiful sides of this world, including dancing. My love to all of you.

The End.

Holy Moses! What I wouldn't give to be loved by a man like Mr Kovalev or Mr Kovalev himself for that matter:sleep::). Clearly he has one heck of a big heart and just needs to find the right lady to share it and when he finds her, for her to give her heart to him in return and he'll be one happily made up man! And us stalkers on here would be extremely happy that Pasha would be happy.
    Forum Member
    Holy Moses! What I wouldn't give to be loved by a man like Mr Kovalev or Mr Kovalev himself for that matter:sleep::). Clearly he has one heck of a big heart and just needs to find the right lady to share it and when he finds her, for her to give her heart to him in return and he'll be one happily made up man! And us stalkers on here would be extremely happy that Pasha would be happy.

oooo...cheryl.... As you said... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep Cheryl, I couldn't agree more, he has a massive heart, he will find her one day that is for sure, he just needs to keep looking :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooo...cheryl.... As you said... :)

The more I think about, and reading that interview that was translated from Arabic into English (thank you to whoever it was who did the translation service) makes me angry to think his heart is up in the air as he simply doesn't know if he has a girlfriend or if he doesn't...

Anyone up for getting on a plane and buggering off to L.A for a week or so in search of Mr Kovalev who no doubt needs some TLC?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about, and reading that interview that was translated from Arabic into English (thank you to whoever it was who did the translation service) makes me angry to think his heart is up in the air as he simply doesn't know if he has a girlfriend or if he doesn't...

Anyone up for getting on a plane and buggering off to L.A for a week or so in search of Mr Kovalev who no doubt needs some TLC?

Count me in Cheryl, lets grab our passports, work can do without me for a few weeks, if only I could, I would so be there! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member

it was PashaFan. thank you to her once again for taking the time to translate and write it out for us
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was PashaFan. thank you to her once again for taking the time to translate and write it out for us

PashaFan, that was a brilliant interview, thank you for taking the time to do that for all us all to enjoy.

We are very spoiled on this thread, we have some very talented people on here, special fans for a special man. It has been a good day for some very insightful interviews.:)
    Forum Member

Thanks Pashafan for the translation....

BIB....I so would cheryl I so would if I knew that would take his problems away....:(:(:(

Bless him...:(:(
  • PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    OK thanks Silversandy.

Hi Guys .....Glad you liked Part 3....Pasha talking about love makes my heart melt.:)...I did not translate article just cut and paste from editors translation.
    FYI
    Pasha Kovalev and Katya Virshilas on a 17-night Central Mediterranean cruise on Aurora (R308) departing June 18, 2013. Ports of call are Alicante, Messina, Cephalonia, Dubrovnik, Venice, Korcula and Cadiz. Vantage Fares from £1,749 per person.

They will be joining the cruise in June, last year it was for 3 nights, so probably on board for the same duration this year this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    blackflier wrote: »
    I know there is a skiing picture (not this one) with a girl we originally thought was pasha's girlfriend, but was countered by someone mentioning it was an old friend of katya. Can someone confirm if this is the same girl or a new one?? :confused:

It's the same picture, I heard that to. I don't think this is the girlfriend either. Think this woman may have been in one of the wedding pics of Katya's also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Wow, just made it through reading all the Pashainfo that has been posted for today. Thanks to everyone that has posted a pic, tweet or interview. Lots to read on Mr. K today. I was just about to post the article that matched the Arabic Picture I posted, but I see that Pashfan did the honors, thanks so much. It's the article where I first heard of his love for chocolate.

As for his girlfriend, I think what he is sharing in the interviews is what he wants known. It's more than likely over by now if he is talking about it. With all that he's doing in the UK, it would be difficult to hold onto a relationship where you only see your girlfriend once a year in the US unless she is willing to be the one constantly traveling to see him. Apparently, she's not and may have not been able to if she has her own career working in the States. They would have still been together when he made the decision to work in the UK and obviously they both didn't agree with him coming to the UK because he didn't marry her and she stayed in the States. Who knows how much that alone may have affected their relationship. It''s difficult to sustain a relationship living in different States let alone a whole country away. I think Pasha is a romantic and that comes across in these interviews. Now that he's talked about being unattached and it's going public, he better watch out, I think alot of women will be trying to take care of this adorable man. However, based on his support and constant talk of a certain female publically, it's going to be interesting to see if he is helping out and involved in projects related to a certain blond embarking on a solo career. He's already mentioned in a radio interview how in touch they remain.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the links and goodies today. My first thought reading Pasha's comments about his girlfriend is to tell him there is a beautiful British singer who is perfect for him. But in all seriousness, I do feel bad that his relationship seems to be in such a fragile state. It has to be nearly impossible to keep a long distance relationship going strong when you never see each other.
  • music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you Mrs Sparky! Quite interesting how much Pasha 'revealed' in this interview - he obviously felt very comfortable with Marian and was able to open up a bit more.

Did you know that Marian has a special connection with Russia? Her brother is married to a Russian lady and they have two children and now live in Ireland. Marian has been involved with a charity which works with orphaned Russian children for over a decade - no wonder that Marian feels strangely 'motherly' towards Pasha! (more info on her website)

I wouldn't be surprised if Kimberley and Pasha's 'wonderful connection' was discussed as well, but of course Marian would be tactful not to mention directly - there are subtle hints though. The first page of the article has the very striking photo of Pasha and Kiimberley - not a photo of him and Chelsee, or him and Katya, or a group photo of the SCD pro's. etc.

Marian carefully quotes what Pasha says about how he works with his partner - 'you have to find the key to their heart in the way that they trust you......'

He definitely found the way to Kimberley's heart! such beautiful dancing:)
  • sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Only Pasha could look sexy in that jumper :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I don't know if Marian plied Pasha with alcohol or chocolate or both, but this is the most personal interview I've read so far. She really got him to open up and I think all future interviews should be done by her. Just think of the information she could dig up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    What Pashulty said, thank you so much Pashafan, this is great, love how Pasha adores his Mum, it is sad that they could not get over to the US to see him. :(

Actually I'm surprised just how close he is to his family given how young he was when he pretty much left home permanently. If a child here left home at the age of 10, most parents would be vilified. However, his mother must of, when she could afford to, followed her son wherever he went to keep up with how her son was progressing in his love for dancing and most likely to see if her son was being taken care of when she wasn't there to take care of him herself. It probably wasn't easy for her to let him leave the family home so young but if it's something he desperately wanted, what loving mother wouldn't let their child do something they loved? For this reason alone, is probably why he loves his mother so much; she made the ultimate sacrifice in letting her oldest child go at such a tender age, but if she hadn't done this, what would Pasha be like now; would he be the phenomenal dancer that we all see and adore both in the UK and in America? If anything, Pasha owes much of his success as a dancer to his mother as so much as to his own determination to suceed and be successful in his dreams and desires. I just wish that now, he could find the right lady to see a clear future with; one that would enable him still keep his career going and support him in this and he doing the same for her, but at the same time, could see her as someone he could call his wife and most likely, should he wish, to be a father too. Like me, Pasha is 33 and it can't really be that far off his mind that he'd like to find the right lady to settle with for life and have his own children?

A thought has just hit me and I don't know why I didn't connect the two before, but his up-in-the-air relationship with his absent/or sometimes not so absent American girlfriend strikes me as so similar to the routine that he and Kimberley did for their Foxtrot with the story-line that Bruno picked up on, "are they or aren't they going to end up with each other in the end..." and that Adele song 'Someone Like You' as well, ridiculously moving, even if Kimberley said that she didn't dance it that well. I do wonder now, if his girlfriend told him around this point in the competition about her wanting to move to New York for her career aspirations and decided to go ahead and do it whether she had his blessing to do so or not. If this is the case, and yes I'm speculating, then clearly her heart isn't in the relationship so it was doomed to fail from that point onwards. The fact that he already knew about her transitioning to New York before he even got back home to L.A says a lot as well.
    Forum Member
    I don't know if Marian plied Pasha with alcohol or chocolate or both, but this is the most personal interview I've read so far. She really got him to open up and I think all future interviews should be done by her. Just think of the information she could dig up.

It was one of the best interviews and agree it would be great if Marian interviewed Pasha again sometime. She definitely wouldn't say no, she would be in her element!;)
    Forum Member
    SuzyPashaa wrote: »

Thanks Suzy.:)
    Never tire of reading interviews with Pasha, though radio ones when you hear his voice...:o:o
This discussion has been closed.