Will River Song appear in Doctor Who this year, or has her story come to an end?

tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything that I don't, as I haven't heard a single thing about Alex Kingston appearing in Doctor Who this year. When I've searched the internet in the last month or so, it wasn't really telling me much about whether she was appearing or not.

I hope she does make an appearance, especially in the November special, as she has been an important part of the show.

I'm not keeping my hopes up too high, as I feel her story has come to an end. We haven't seen a story about The Fields of Trenzalore yet, so I think we haven't seen the last of her just yet. I think, once we've had an episode about Trenzalore, we will have seen the last of her.

This is a YouTube clip of the series 7 titles that someone has made. I prefer these to the one we saw at Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ajlqwO-Mp8

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's
    in the Finale
    probably.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to think that the Fields of Trenzalore will be her last appearance. The doctor is certainly acting like she's gone to the library I don't think he'd be as grief stricken in The Snowmen if was just about Amy and Rory.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her story doesn't feel complete to me yet. I expect to see her at least one more time. :)
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to see her go soon-ish, but she should definately be around when the Doctor reveals his name (whether thats the series 7 finale, or the anniversarry special, who knows?). The Doctor saying goodbye to her properly, just before she goes off to the Library, would also be nice
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »

This is a YouTube clip of the series 7 titles that someone has made. I prefer these to the one we saw at Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ajlqwO-Mp8

Have you seen these ones? These are the best yet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PKomuwyJVE
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be intersting to see how the story does end. Can 11 really take anymore grief ?. :cry: Maybe he is so upset at losing her (again) that it sets into motion the events taking him to trenzalore. He doesn't care anymore. Even if that means he does "die" and changes into the 12th on that field.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you seen these ones? These are the best yet :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PKomuwyJVE

Yes I have, but I much preffer the one that I gave the link to yesterday. I really don't like the current opening titles music either. I wish that they had kept the titles music that we had when Matt took over from David. The music that is heard in the series 7 part 2 titles clip that I posted the link to yesterday.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    She's supposed to be in the finale, will probably be in the 50th and may even witness Eleven regenerating into Twelve before heading to the Library but I do feel that the majority of her story has been told now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't want her back. She is just annoying to me now.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    She's supposed to be in the finale, will probably be in the 50th and may even witness Eleven regenerating into Twelve before heading to the Library but I do feel that the majority of her story has been told now.

How do you know she's supposed to be? I've searched online on wikipedia and on IMDB, and it doesn't mention anything. I searched yesterday, as well.

I did see Alex Kingston on NCIS yesterday evening, and she was good. Apparently, she is only in that one episode. Not any other for that programme.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you would think amy and rory would have some onscreen time as parents, they only see river while travelling with the doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. River herself told him that after he found out who she was everthing would change. did it ? Everyone went their seperate ways. 11 went back traveling in the tardis on his own. Amy and Rory went back to ledworth to be "normal". It was like they forgot she was part of their family 4 instead of 3. Amy was given the devastating news she was now infertile. Who does she talk to about being a mum and her feelings for her daughter ? Jex. She and Rory just accepted they would have no contact or time with their only daughter. Plus how good a husband to her has the doctor been ?. When he first got "married" he told dorium he would see her every night while she was in prison. Flashforward to TATM he thinks she is still in stormcage when in fact she was pardoned and released "ages" ago. She also got her second degree while he was doing his own thing. Now he has Clara as a distraction. By the time he does see her again it will probably be too late.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh.but she sees him every might for her.to him, he could spend for example a month using the Tardis to visit her every night for a year.at some point she gets released. At some point in his future he has still to visit her for the period up to where she was released. Just because he hasn't experienced it yet, didn't mean he didn't do it, and river had visits every night.he just hadn't reached the point in his timeline yet when it happened.
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    How do you know she's supposed to be? I've searched online on wikipedia and on IMDB, and it doesn't mention anything. I searched yesterday, as well.

I did see Alex Kingston on NCIS yesterday evening, and she was good. Apparently, she is only in that one episode. Not any other for that programme.

There was a rumour on GB in relation to a certain prop that indicated an involvement of River in the finale, plus other rumblings.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. River herself told him that after he found out who she was everthing would change. did it ? Everyone went their seperate ways. 11 went back traveling in the tardis on his own. Amy and Rory went back to ledworth to be "normal". It was like they forgot she was part of their family 4 instead of 3. Amy was given the devastating news she was now infertile. Who does she talk to about being a mum and her feelings for her daughter ? Jex. She and Rory just accepted they would have no contact or time with their only daughter. Plus how good a husband to her has the doctor been ?. When he first got "married" he told dorium he would see her every night while she was in prison. Flashforward to TATM he thinks she is still in stormcage when in fact she was pardoned and released "ages" ago. She also got her second degree while he was doing his own thing. Now he has Clara as a distraction. By the time he does see her again it will probably be too late.

Sounds like a case for Jeremy Kyle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    There was a rumour on GB in relation to a certain prop that indicated an involvement of River in the finale, plus other rumblings.:)

Was it the blue diary?

Because at one point I was thinking the silence could have got hold of that at some point to predict what the doctor was going to do next. Might not happen now that they don't know he exists though(or do they?)
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it the blue diary?

No:
    Someone over there is claiming to have seen a prop grave headstone for her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be intersting to see if he can actually go through with it. Send her to her death.10 thought he was saving her by storing her imortal soul in CAL. He didn't know about all the other things that would happen. How entwined their lives and the lives and eventual deaths of her family would be.She is the last part of Amy and Rory that is still alive. Lose her (again) and they are truely dead. Maybe Clara and her "condition" will help him. Where there is life there is hope. Long as there is a heartbeat and breath in a body don't ever give up.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as the viewers are concerned I think that her story probably is done and that there is really no need for her to return to our screens.

However, I would like to think that all of her meetings with the Doctor were not exclusively with Eleven (bar the Library meeting with Ten). I would like to think that she had quite a few additional off-screen meetings with Ten and several off-screen meetings with many future Doctors.
    Forum Member
    Be intersting to see if he can actually go through with it. Send her to her death.10 thought he was saving her by storing her imortal soul in CAL. He didn't know about all the other things that would happen. How entwined their lives and the lives and eventual deaths of her family would be.She is the last part of Amy and Rory that is still alive. Lose her (again) and they are truely dead. Maybe Clara and her "condition" will help him. Where there is life there is hope. Long as there is a heartbeat and breath in a body don't ever give up.

Why not?

What happens in the Library has to happen. It already has to be honest.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

and the soap opera in Sara's head continues unabated....
  • madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both John Barrowman and Alex Kingston are in Arrow (Sky1)at the moment, Kinston made her first appearance last night, but the show is taking a break for a while so, not sure whether she is free for filming of the 50'th..I hope so..
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Be intersting to see if he can actually go through with it. Send her to her death.10 thought he was saving her by storing her imortal soul in CAL. He didn't know about all the other things that would happen. How entwined their lives and the lives and eventual deaths of her family would be.

What Shawn said. He hasn't sent her to her death, he's prepared her for it. Her death is as inevitable as all of ours is.

Ten saved her by storing her mind (not her soul, that can be argued until the cows come home), not because he didn't know her past, but because he deduced and followed the plan of his future self - the one that did know her.

And remember that, at the point of her death and resurrection, River did know all of that stuff. And didn't seem too upset about it.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    There's nothing for 11 to get upset about when the time comes for River to go to the library. 10 already saved her. Once he knows River has gone all he has to do is visit the Library after the dust has settled and retrieve her from the computer and give her back a body in some way. Perhaps he's taken a DNA sample and is preparing a clone?
    :)

Of course, if retrieving River was easy, 10 would have already done it as soon as he could after preserving her in the computer.

Maybe he did and his memory has been erased (to preserve the timeline or because something went wrong) and the retrieved River is Clara (and she is interested in the Doctor, but doesn't know why and splintered across time because something went wrong).
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what if while being in the Storm Cage/Library, that part of River's life has somehow been paused, she has managed to escape to meet the Doctor sometimes to help but after being released from the storm cage/Library she has to try and catch up with the other River that is somehow carrying on but time gets in the way and causes a few problems.:confused: