Options

Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    Yes The Strain is excellent but it is about vampires, TWD is about zombies. But which is best?

There's only one way to find out...................................................................................................................................

The offspring of those vampires in the Strain aren't vampires, they're zombies. They have no free will and over time lose all semblance of their former selves.

I think we can all agree the Strain doesn't have the production values of TWD.
    It isn't in the same class. In fact a comparison is an insult to the TWD.
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm saying nothing that other critics aren't saying. So pull your big boy pants up and accept a different opinion without resorting to rude.

Media critics are paid in effect to find fault in the things they purview. They don't have the luxury of being idle consumers, like us. It's irksome to see you parrot their contrived reasons for disliking a particular episode.

A vast majority of these critics aren't credible. They have never written, produced, directed or starred in something that has wide spread acclaim. If they had they would realise the stresses and strains of engaging with your audience week after week, year after year and incorporate this into their critiques. There is no real balance with them, just token gestures of approval.
    It reminds me of a Robert Plant interview, about the reception of one of Led Zeppelin's albums. He said one music journalist had panned the album and gone to great lengths to disparage it.
    At some point Plant had occasion to go to this journalist's home and while viewing his record collection saw the very same Led Zeppelin album in his collection.
    It gave him the idea to put a bag on the sleeve of one of their later albums, so music journalist and others could disguise the fact they had brought it.
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I must be the only one that would like to see Carol taken out by a walker...just don't like the character and never have.

Didn't really enjoy last nights episode, another filler and one that didn't really need a whole show dedicated too it, could have wrapped it up in 15 minutes and then moved on.

your not alone,I have been living in hope that Daryl will plant a crossbow bolt in her head for years now.

As the episode was wonder-woman centric,i was never going to love it, but it was OK.I'm glad they met Noah,I'm glad they showed Carol was put in hospital,not on purpose.Love the city shots.

Just not much happened,imo.

Next week will be good.
  • Options
    CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    Walkers can only walk, they'll not get overrun in a car. If they hit one at speed, there's a good chance it'll damage the windscreen and cause the car to crash or become undriveable. Plus, hooning about the city creates more noise and will bring more walkers to the hospital.

One thing that's always irked me on this show is the walkers inability to break or even crack glass , unless it suits the plot . You can simply sit inside your house while a horde of walkers simply look at you while clawing at the glass from the other side until enough weight piles up to cave the walls in .
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croft wrote: »
    One thing that's always irked me on this show is the walkers inability to break or even crack glass , unless it suits the plot . You can simply sit inside your house while a horde of walkers simply look at you while clawing at the glass from the other side until enough weight piles up to cave the walls in .

In the film of World War Z, they used their heads to smash in car windscreens, which oddly didn't seem to hurt their brains.
  • Options
    Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    hume wrote: »
    Media critics are paid in effect to find fault in the things they purview. They don't have the luxury of being idle consumers, like us. It's irksome to see you parrot their contrived reasons for disliking a particular episode.

A vast majority of these critics aren't credible. They have never written, produced, directed or starred in something that has wide spread acclaim. If they had they would realise the stresses and strains of engaging with your audience week after week, year after year and incorporate this into their critiques. There is no real balance with them, just token gestures of approval.
    It reminds me of a Robert Plant interview, about the reception of one of Led Zeppelin's albums. He said one music journalist had panned the album and gone to great lengths to disparage it.
    At some point Plant had occasion to go to this journalist's home and while viewing his record collection saw the very same Led Zeppelin album in his collection.
    It gave him the idea to put a bag on the sleeve of one of their later albums, so music journalist and others could disguise the fact they had brought it.

That would have been Led Zeppelin III I'm presuming, 4th had no markings to identify it whatsoever on original release, yup I bought it in 1971.

I also think Carol maybe got herself kbocked down in order to gain entry to the hospital and I enjoyed the episode to, they can't all be action based.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    That would have been Led Zeppelin III I'm presuming, 4th had no markings to identify it whatsoever on original release, yup I bought it in 1971.

In Through the Out Door was the album released in a brown paper cover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    In Through the Out Door was the album released in a brown paper cover.

A few different album covers too if I remember correctly, mind you the 4th was the first without markings.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I like most about The Walking Dead is the dialogue, tension, characters and characters development/interaction. For me it's not about the zombies or the action.

Only just watched last weeks episode and really liked it. Daryl and Carol are two of my favourite characters so I really enjoyed this episode.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Anyone else think it will be Noah and Morgan that Daryl brings out of the bushes, he did say something along the lines of 'look who I found' so I reckon he has bumped into him along the road, how cool will that be, he will be good in the final showdown that is obviously being set up.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Anyone else think it will be Noah and Morgan that Daryl brings out of the bushes, he did say something along the lines of 'look who I found' so I reckon he has bumped into him along the road, how cool will that be, he will be good in the final showdown that is obviously being set up.

Wouldn't it only make sense if it was Beth ?

'Look who I found'?........it must be someone who they know who it is !

None of them know Noah and only Rick, Carl and Michonne have met Morgan and they never talk about him...........I guess it could be Morgan but it would make more sense if it was Beth
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Wouldn't it only make sense if it was Beth ?

'Look who I found'?........it must be someone who they know who it is !

None of them know Noah and only Rick, Carl and Michonne have met Morgan and they never talk about him...........I guess it could be Morgan but it would make more sense if it was Beth

He is heading back to get Rick and the others though, and they dont know Noah, so there must be someone else that they will know, as Carol and Beth are still back at the hospital, it can surely only be Morgan? I thought that some of the others saw Morgan when he was holed up in that town last year, or am I getting mixed up?
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I feel like I'm the only one but I don't hate Beth and I enjoyed her episode.

What I didn't enjoy was Abe and Eugene. I don't understand why they wouldn't just pop Eugene for lying to them.

I've also notice a strong aversion from some fans about the idea of Darryl being gay. Why is that such a horrible idea?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    He is heading back to get Rick and the others though, and they dont know Noah, so there must be someone else that they will know, as Carol and Beth are still back at the hospital, it can surely only be Morgan? I thought that some of the others saw Morgan when he was holed up in that town last year, or am I getting mixed up?

in the town was where rick bumped into him again and carl and michonne were there

I guess it could be one of Abe's group........they could have run into one or more of them on their way back to the church.....

Can anyone remember who was present from Rick's group when Daryl emerged from the bushes and said 'look who I found' ?
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can anyone remember who was present from Rick's group when Daryl emerged from the bushes and said 'look who I found' ?

It was just Michonne wasn't it?

Just checked; the priest is talking to Michonne on the steps of the church, then she wanders off. Hears a noise and goes to check whilst wielding her katana. Sees Daryl, who looks a bit pained and she breaks into a grin, then pauses and asks "where's Carol?", Daryl looks towards the bushes and says "come on out". Then it ends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    It was just Michonne wasn't it?

Morgan is beginning to make more sense.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    in the town was where rick bumped into him again and carl and michonne were there

I guess it could be one of Abe's group........they could have run into one or more of them on their way back to the church.....

He never said that though, what he actually said was "come on out"
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ah OK, my mistake then, but they way he looked was as if Rick would know the person

OK I got it all wrong,lol, still looking forward to the showdown between the hospital and the gang, just hope that they meet up with the others again soon.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This.

Which makes me think those suggesting Daryl takes Noah back to the Ricksters to get some muscle to bust Carole (whom I really think got accidentally run over but stand to be corrected) and the Lovely Beth out of the Zombiefied bastard child of St Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues are right.

Be Careful Out There :D

/shows age :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This.

Which makes me think those suggesting Daryl takes Noah back to the Ricksters to get some muscle to bust Carole (whom I really think got accidentally run over but stand to be corrected) and the Lovely Beth out of the Zombiefied bastard child of St Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues are right.

the regulars at Hill Street were a lot more scruffy though.......:p

mmmmm ..........Mrs Furillo......:blush::D
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Beth too. I liked her episode, although bits of it seemed a bit weird.
    What I didn't enjoy was Abe and Eugene. I don't understand why they wouldn't just pop Eugene for lying to them.
    Abe tried to. Glenn and Maggie were less invested, though. Although they've spent time with Eugene, only the last 24 hours were really about his mission. And they aren't the kind of people to pop him. Especially as Eugene is clearly smart, and now he's becoming more self-confident he could be a real asset to the group. Other people have done worse things. Eugene can come back from this.
    I've also notice a strong aversion from some fans about the idea of Darryl being gay. Why is that such a horrible idea?
    I don't know, but I suspect it's a fear of political correctness interfering with the natural character development.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This.

I used to love the dry humour of St. Elsewhere.

Beth must live.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I enjoyed the Beth episode apart from the cheesy cartoon cops , the guy with the lollipop being the exception and the fact that Beth was entrusted with so much responsibility a day after waking up . It could have been done better had to watch it a couple of times to work out that escapee was from the hospital and was trying to get away from her abusers . I also think that it's clear Daryl is returning with Noah as he never met Morgan so doesn't know who he is .
  • Options
    CroftCroft Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Daryl being gay has been hinted at back from fairly early on , he's rejected pretty much every bit of female attention . Any flirting from Carol has always gone done down like a lead balloon. Merle took the p out of him by saying "you've always been the sweet one " The pink bed . The fact that he seems totally in love with Rick and the most obvious example to me was his immediate attraction to Martinez (the Governor's henchman) which was so gay that it was laughable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiL2wP-uf4
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    hume wrote: »

To say I'm "parroting" critics means I'm repeating what others say. Firstly, I have my own opinions. Secondly, I only mentioned critics in the first place because someone else somewhat histrionically posted as if my fairly anodyne opinions were outrageous or controversial and said I needed to "get a grip". Lastly, I thought this was a discussion thread not an appreciation thread.

Not sure why anyone would get "irked" by a few comments from a stranger about a TV show. It's not like I was being obnoxious or rude. I'm a fan too, a fan who thinks the last episode had some problems. That's it.