The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Roger Cicero! :-x Forgiving the Butcher's outfit it was nice to hear a bit of that style of music in euro.

Absolutely, Germany 2007 is a great song!
  • Nicky2win87Nicky2win87 Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the votes for SF1 and 2 had to be in by the 3rd for some reason, good to have an extra couple of days.

Anne when are you revealing the results for Ultimate FM? Don't want to miss it :)
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the votes for SF1 and 2 had to be in by the 3rd for some reason, good to have an extra couple of days.

Anne when are you revealing the results for Ultimate FM? Don't want to miss it :)

Aww thanks Nicky! Word on the streets was that the Finnish song presentation was going to be on the 3rd which was my first choice, so I'm gonna go with Wednesday 2nd at around 8pm UK time

If that's a problem with anyone, let me know!
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have only now had a chance to check the results of Roger's Heat 9. Really surprised at some that fell by the wayside this week!

http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/scoreboard/view/55232/eurovision-poll-rd2-ht9
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Have only now had a chance to check the results of Roger's Heat 9. Really surprised at some that fell by the wayside this week!

I forgot to vote but delighted Christine and Rollo and King got through. Bit upset for Jill doing badly.

Loved Satelite getting eliminated. So overrated
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Internal selection for Georgia a duet with a Sopho involved :P
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Word on the streets was that the Finnish song presentation was going to be on the 3rd which was my first choice

Actually, the (full) song presentation is tomorrow, on the radio, after which one can listen to them (the full versions) on Yle Areena online :)
    On the 3rd is the second episode of UMK (the NF), don't really know what will happen there, a few live performances possibly.

Glad to hear there are some people who're not that excited about the new year's, as most people I know are ;) I don't have anything against it but it's nothing that special either. I do like the fireworks though and so do my kids ;) Oh mine, some people have already started with the fireworks over here, "a bit" early... :rolleyes:
  • pauledin99pauledin99 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was shocking - 3 big winners wiped out in an instant! More upset ahead for me with this week as there are 7 songs worthy of 12 points in there and they're not all gonna make it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Georgian people aren't very inventive with children's names are they?

EDIT: Also, not to cast judgement on the people who voted on the ESC Top 250, but Ich Troje were on it and now Hora Din Moldova just beat You and Me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loreen is officially the 119th biggest selling song in the uk this year
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delighted Georgia have gone back to what works in sending a Sopho.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Own up, who voted for Poland 1995 in the ESC 250. 214? 2014 would have been too high :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Georgia and their bloody Sophos!!!!!!

On the subject of Georgia, did anyone watch the worlds scariest roads last week. They were in Grorgia. Looked an interesting place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Own up, who voted for Poland 1995 in the ESC 250. 214? 2014 would have been too high :D

I predict the top 20 to be full of Serbs, Croats and Bosnians
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Lane Moje won last time, so I'd guess Nije Ljubav Stvar will probably be top this time.

And the original Sopho was just on!
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict the top 20 to be full of Serbs, Croats and Bosnians

I think you're right. Cipela just came on, higher than It's For You and Alvedansen. :rolleyes:
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got Lys Assia to follow me on twitter....better be careful what I write about her now :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone link me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers my dear
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all! HAPPY NEW YEAR!:D Just back from the Harbour fireworks which were staggeringly good. Nathan would have creamed his pants if he'd been there as Kylie was one of the Creative consultants for this year which meant we got a load of her music alongside the fireworks. The bridge erupted into life to the strains of On A Night Like This........epic stuff.

My feet are blistered and burned and I think I'll sleep for a month after today........will catch up with all the news and get my voting done for globbits once I come out of my coma.:yawn:;)

All the best to one and all for 2013.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Estonia 96 and France 02 waaaaaaay to low :(
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Ovo Je Balkan has dropped 99 places from last year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Ovo Je Balkan has dropped 99 places from last year!

Deservedly so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful Birgitta!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.