Options

--Resurrection(US pace)Season 1--

124»

Comments

• Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    So it turned out that the agent chap (hopeless with names, sorry) was the long lost son of the black family taken in by Jacob's family - from the way they were dressed I would have put their deaths in the 50s or 60s, and he's surely not old enough for that.
  • Options
    Darrin2101Darrin2101 Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    The whole season seemed like a trailer for season two. I wanted to like it, stuck with it but ultimately it raised more questions than it answered. Sloppy writing didn't help either. The Government Doctor offered half a theory a couple of episodes back which got forgotten about then it was shot down in flames in the finale in a throwaway comment. Combine that with dialog like "Where are you parked?" "Outside!", well duh! Didn't think you were parked in the spare bedroom.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched about 4 of the eight episodes. I found it lame and a bit predictable

Like a poor man's The 4400
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up on the last 4 episodes of the season. Can't say I've been blown away by this show over the past 8 episodes. Very average and boring really - there's nothing that grabs you and demands your attention. It was a struggle for me getting through one episode without falling asleep and I never usually fall asleep in front of the TV :o. It's a show designed to induce sleep in viewers rather than induce any feeling of enjoyment or pleasure (at least Revolution can be entertaining in its own amusing way! :D).

It reminds me of FlashForward - a cool mystery hook, but the characters are completely bland and non-descript to the point that you find it hard to invest in the plot. The emotion should be poignant and complex in a story like this, instead we're caught up in dull melodrama with Jacob and his whiney parents and a obnoxious cop letting his jealousy over his unfaithful wife get the better of him and other such tedium. This show is a world away in quality to the much superior French series "The Returned". Whilst they too did not give a concrete answer to the mystery, at least it was entertaining and well-written unlike this series.

Moving on, I liked the twist with Bellamy. It felt obvious that he was going to turn out to be the missing child of that African-American couple who returned. Still, a neat way to bring Bellamy into the central story. I wonder if they will go even further than that and reveal Bellamy as one of the returnees... it could open up a whole can of worms in the story.

In regards to Season 2, I'm not sure how long they can keep the series going as once they answer how the people are coming back to life and who is doing it (this is a US show after all, so you can bet there's some secret organisation of evildoers behind it all :D), there won't be much else to explore unless they introduce a new twist in the story. And I'm not sure they can go another season with no concrete answers at all as they need to keep people watching and they need the story to progress. A lot for the writers to think about.
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree with all of the above. It was terrible, more like a long-running soap opera than a sci-fi thriller. I won't be watching Season 2, and I doubt many others will. Such a shame because the original premise was good.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree with all of the above. It was terrible, more like a long-running soap opera than a sci-fi thriller. I won't be watching Season 2, and I doubt many others will. Such a shame because the original premise was good.

I'll give S2 a go, but if it keeps up with all the soap rubbish then I'll be out.

These shows never seem to learn. Revolution has just been cancelled for the same reasons, did they learn from 'Flashforward'? Nope.