Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Maybe my cynical gene is kicking in here, but I think your answer lies in the fact that "his" texts have the same nightmare Barbara Cartland quality as both the FRS and Jones herself. As, oddly, do his infrequent emails. Oh, and his reported speech also. D'Scrace is undeniably a real, living, breathing human being, but were I a betting man, I'd wager a small-to-reasonable sum that if you picked up his mobile right now, you wouldn't find any such text in his archive.

And lest we forget, I really am a betting man. :cool:

And don't forget Nic of course who is supposed to have said this recently:

‘Well, he comes here, and the house is so beautiful, and the view, and the lawn slopes down to the pristine river, and you have horses, and collies, all be they mad, and staff…’

Pristine? Really?
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And let's not forget that Jones lies like a rug (one of those dreadfully common ones made up of strips of fraying rags, that gets all crumpled and nasty and is only fit to let the pets lie on). Assuming that texts are being sent, and given that Scrace is a real person, and is La Lizard Loca's 'boyfwiend', there must be an element of truth, at least, in what she says he's texting. Maybe she's sending the texts for him. Hence the overpowering Barbara Cartland quotient. Maybe she's taken possession of his mobile so that no-one, not even a child of his loins, can contact him except through her. And that would give her access to Dominodancing's own texts, her phone number and email address too. We're dealing with the anti-Christ here, so I wouldn't put anything past her. She has no empathy or finer feelings. Remember that ****ing awful article on her mother, complete with picture of that poor, unconscious woman. >:(
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she now has two devoted 'enablers' with Dscrace and Nic, both who are really staff as both will be on the payroll one way or another. They are not going to risk their meal tickets by being 'brutally honest' with her, we know where that would leave them. They are like 'mirror, mirror on the wall' there only to tell her how wonderful, kind, generous, beautful, etc, etc. she is. Now, back in the day Liz could have been described as being mildly eccentric but got lots of support because she is an 'animal lover' ™, the animal stories have been few and far between over the last year and Liz's 'human suit' as Hanibal Lecter calls it, is begining to fall apart. If the MoS have no sympathy for Liz's victims then surely they should at least have a duty of care for her as there is obviously some kind of emotional meltdown happing to persecute others when in theory this should be the happiest time of her life.
  • amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I wasn't going to mention it ... but seeing as Jones and, presumably Scrace, have declared Open Season on being vile to Scrace's poor ex girlfriend, here goes ...

A friend some time ago, after the 'Dreary' going on about the state of Scrace's fingernails, emailed an enquiry about the bakery. Here's the response:

Thank you for your enquiry. The issue you are referring to concerns me.
    Some people on the web dislike my girlfriend intensely and will do anything to upset her and anyone connected to her.
    Because she wrote in an article that my nails were unclipped some trolls have taken that and reported it as dirty nails. I can assure you this is not the case.
    Regards
    David

Oh gosh, how horrid 'some people' are :o ... pot, kettle, black. Perhaps Lizard and Scrace, who no doubt will read this, could do worse than to reflect on the fact that the pair of them, through the 'Dreary', are going all out to upset the poor, innocent ex girlfriend of Scrace. Ironic or what?! Obviously one rule for the gruesome pair, one for the unfortunate ex.

That Jones uses her very public platform of the MoS to do this is beyond despicable and I am utterly amazed that the Mail hasn't called a stop to it. I've written to the editors of both MoS and DM before, about something outrageous Jones wrote some time ago (sent it snail mail, rather than email - emails easily 'lost' or ignored) and actually received a response, and my letter published in the print edition.

I'm writing again about this latest disgusting abuse of the girl by Jones.
  • House of JonesHouse of Jones Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Good for you Amikolaichek - whether it will give her pause, who knows (I doubt it), but I do think she crossed a line this week and I'm surprised they (her boss/editor) let it through.

The posters here have reminded me of that dreadful article about her mother - after the photo (with Liz in front of her poor mum, beaming in latext gloves) was taken down, she continued to moan about that - wasn't it "her brother intefering". The article itself was far worse than the picture though - she went into graphic and humilating detail about her mother's incontinence and so on. It was shockingly heartless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for you Amikolaichek - whether it will give her pause, who knows (I doubt it), but I do think she crossed a line this week and I'm surprised they (her boss/editor) let it through.

The posters here have reminded me of that dreadful article about her mother - after the photo (with Liz in front of her poor mum, beaming in latext gloves) was taken down, she continued to moan about that - wasn't it "her brother intefering". The article itself was far worse than the picture though - she went into graphic and humilating detail about her mother's incontinence and so on. It was shockingly heartless.

Well, so far as Jones is concerned, everyone is column fodder for her ... so long as the quid a word (or whatever she's on now) keeps clinking in to her coffers. Use ex husband, sisters, mother, other relatives ...? Lovely, all keeping that Cash Cow, also known as the Diary, going and does she care about the tremendous hurt she inflicts? She does not.

But she's now taken this to a whole new level, involving Scrace in a truly disgusting vendetta again a totally innocent woman, using the public platform that the MoS gives her.

It has to stop. If the Mail Group and its legal advisors can't see that, then shame on them.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got friends younger than DScrace but older than 50 who text largely using proper words but, like most of the people I know with young adult children, they use a few abbreviations and/or emoticons that they clearly picked up from their kids. (Some of my female friends' texting is shocking, they're fully literate humans who text like 12 year olds because their now adult kids taught them how to do it back then.) And of course smartphones use predictive so one would assume that DScrace is using something like that. I can't imagine Liz being happy to have a love interest who didn't use a buttery soft iPhone 5.

If I were to give Liz the benefit of the doubt: say she genuinely does get upset when vile trolls like us call her on her lies and cruelties and thoughtless innuendoes (untrimmed nails plus slobbish smoker = dirty hands in most people's minds). Say she somehow lacks the capacity to censor herself and just keeps on doing it, repeating things about her friends, family and love interests without considering how that would impact on them.

None of this explains her abuse of DScrace's most recent (?) ex. She doesn't even KNOW DScrace's ex. The DScrace/ex relationship was long over before she and DScrace reconnected. This ALL seems tied to the alleged "she-devil" remark which DScrace was an idiot to repeat and which, frankly, would be fairly natural coming from someone whose sole experience of Liz Jones was via the vile trollish crap she writes.

And so what if DScrace's ex referred to her as a she-devil? Has Liz Jones no concept of trying to be the better PERSON? She's pushing 60, at what point in her life has she failed to GROW UP?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think calling the despicable Jones a 'she devil' was pretty mild. I'm more to the opinion that India Knight's description of her was spot on.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    I've got friends younger than DScrace but older than 50 who text largely using proper words but, like most of the people I know with young adult children, they use a few abbreviations and/or emoticons that they clearly picked up from their kids. (Some of my female friends' texting is shocking, they're fully literate humans who text like 12 year olds because their now adult kids taught them how to do it back then.) And of course smartphones use predictive so one would assume that DScrace is using something like that. I can't imagine Liz being happy to have a love interest who didn't use a buttery soft iPhone 5.

If I were to give Liz the benefit of the doubt: say she genuinely does get upset when vile trolls like us call her on her lies and cruelties and thoughtless innuendoes (untrimmed nails plus slobbish smoker = dirty hands in most people's minds). Say she somehow lacks the capacity to censor herself and just keeps on doing it, repeating things about her friends, family and love interests without considering how that would impact on them.

None of this explains her abuse of DScrace's most recent (?) ex. She doesn't even KNOW DScrace's ex. The DScrace/ex relationship was long over before she and DScrace reconnected. This ALL seems tied to the alleged "she-devil" remark which DScrace was an idiot to repeat and which, frankly, would be fairly natural coming from someone whose sole experience of Liz Jones was via the vile trollish crap she writes.

And so what if DScrace's ex referred to her as a she-devil? Has Liz Jones no concept of trying to be the better PERSON? She's pushing 60, at what point in her life has she failed to GROW UP?

Exactly. There is simply no excuse for Liz's behaviour in this matter.

From day one she has had digs at DScrace's exes. How else could one interpret (words to this affect) 'he says he's only really been in love twice in his life, once with a girl who died and me'? If that's not a written 'na, na, na-na, na, stick her tongue out, you were all NOTHING!!!!!' attitude to all his exes I don't know what was. But when she's brought up short about it by him (one of the few times he's stuck up for himself/his child even though he backed down sharpish - got to keep his pension sweet hasn't he ;-)) it was all "I never said that!" Oh but she did. The implication was right there in her words.

Let's get back to Sunday's column though. If some new girlfriend writes this: ‘If my ex-husband was interfering, I would tell him to get lost. She called me a She Devil before I’d written a word and if she doesn’t want to be written about she should butt out.’ who do you think is doing the interfering in this instance? The ex g/f or the new? IMO it's the new g/f who's interfering in the division of spoils between an ex couple. HER who's sticking her beak in when it has absolutely nothing to do with her who gets the car (and she should never have been given the cat in the first place without DScrace checking with his ex that it was OK) not the ex who's making perfectly reasonable enquiries.

As to the 'she-devil' comment. Liz should accept that her reputation goes before her and it's not a good one. Come now, someone who writes such trolling articles with no thought or concern for her target's privacy or feelings has a skin thicker than a rhino's behind and is not some delicate little flower whose pretence at being offended by it is ludicrous. She'll love it! It gives her more ammunition for her so-called column justifying her own vile remarks by bewailing (in a crass attempt to get sympathy) "well she said this first!" *roll eyes*

Get over yourself Liz.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The (not so) Great Traducer. Casting venom and spite, inaccuracies, inconsistencies, whopping great porkies, malignant untruths, fabricated slights, reported speech which cannot possibly be verbatim, changing scenarios (which are there to be scrunitinised) to suit herself...the list is endless.

The worst, by far, is not seeming to know anything about the parameters within which real people, normal people, caring people operate.

This unpleasant, unpalatable, unforgivable gloat fest is dreadful. Worse still, it continues to be published. Apparently with no thought to the hurt it causes to others - those who are at the receiving end of LJ's relentless pursuit of justifying herself as the one being wronged.

Who knows what Faustian pact was struck with the Baker. He - and I feel a bit sorry for him, as he's clearly out of his depth - should have realised that someone as toxic (but being so, so, so, so needy) as LJ would not end happily ever after.

The collateral damage is immense. All because a writer has columns inches to fill.

If this is the Great Romance of her life, with 30 years of yearning, why not embrace it? Not ruin it. And upset other people.

All too convenient. Purely column fodder.

How does she look at herself in the mirror without the glass cracking? You know..."to thine own self be true". If her truth is this, I despair.
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jones IS a she-devil. She proved that last week. So she has no cause to complain. Except that the truth hurts. Or would, if she wasn't a sociopath.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    As to the 'she-devil' comment. Liz should accept that her reputation goes before her and it's not a good one. Come now, someone who writes such trolling articles with no thought or concern for her target's privacy or feelings has a skin thicker than a rhino's behind and is not some delicate little flower whose pretence at being offended by it is ludicrous. She'll love it! It gives her more ammunition for her so-called column justifying her own vile remarks by bewailing (in a crass attempt to get sympathy) "well she said this first!" *roll eyes*

Get over yourself Liz.

She can't have it both ways. If she's prepared to a) present herself via her column and opinion pieces as a nasty, pretentious, hypercritical bitch from hell who nonetheless likes animals, including buttery soft vegan ones turned into jackets, and b) to sell the stories and remarks of her family, associates, alleged loved ones, she CANNOT complain if people assume she is the awful bitch she presents herself as.

Say HER ex started going out with oh I don't know India Knight. If she had the tiniest vestige of fondness for Nirps she would be worried, surely - and not because she feared Nirpal would spill her secrets to her Sworn Mortal Enemy, though there is that, but because she thinks India Knight is a horrible person, based upon her interactions with her.

The only interactions DScrace's ex had with LJ was via her public persona. Liz might (HA!) be a nice lovely kind tender and generous person in real life. But she presents herself as a professional troll and tears down everyone in her life. Anybody would have a decent reason to feel a bit worried about their friend.

In other, vile trollish news, I had a look at the Ziggurat building apartments and have now seen The Column, or a similar one, from the Cupboard against which DSCrace flung her in his senile passion. Shudder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS: I do wish the Dreary was written closer to real time. There is no chance of an immediate retaliation against our vile trollish upset at her Garnier Fructis-abusing ways, not for weeks and weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    So... the Dreary is out and Jonesey is worried Dscrace read her address on the internet. What the bloody hell does that mean? Didn't he know what her address was? Or did she think that her lavish descriptions of the 'cupboard' (views of Gray's Inn Rd, huge concrete pillars, balcony) didn't resonate with anyone with a scintilla of knowledge about London? Apart from that, we had the usual astonishment that he could have fancied anyone else when he could have her, the miserable, jug-eared harridan, though age and a huge salary seem to have done the trick! Now we wait with bated breath to hear the story of the OAPs coach trip to the Riviera... will Dscrace pay for anything? No. Will she think she's Carrie "face like a foot" Bradshaw? Yes. Do we hope David's ex continues to be perfectly reasonable and drive Jonesey even more potty? Oh... hell yeah!!
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I've just read it now. She's worse than an insanely jealous 15 year old! :o All this "I asked you to cease contact with her" (the ex), any man worth his salt would have lost his rag by now and told her to mind her own bloody business but no, as usual we have zen-like "but I love you, only you, my life is an open book blah blah blah" *puke* I wouldn't care but they are literally emails about the car's log book and a bow tie, hardly the stuff of great affairs! She then continues the teenage strop by exclaiming (in email form of course - do these two ever talk properly?) "Have a great life together, just leave me out of it" - because of two innocuous emails about forwarding a log book and finding a bow tie :confused: The woman is deranged! No-one brought her into it except HERSELF! For once he didn't tell her anything, she snooped! She picked up his phone and started reading it like she had a God given right. Yet DScrace seems totally at ease with this lack of trust and invasion of his privacy by someone he's not even living with never mind married to?! Besides, if he was playing away he could delete all messages and have his lover down as 'Dave' in his phone couldn't he? Stupid woman.

She doesn't care so much about what HE feels (nice - hope you're reading DScrace), just how he makes her feel but admits he's trying very hard. That's big of her *roll eyes* He wriggles in bed so she 'tells him off' (what is she? his mother?) so he sends her an email the next day apologising and saying he will sleep at home - so now she's fretting about chasing him away two days before her ahem!, first proper holiday in years.

Right-o Liz. If you say so.

Chasing him away? If the man had an ounce of sense he'd be running for the hills quicker than Usain Bolt on speed!
  • nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, how I wish this site had a likes button!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for her. She's tearing herself into knots over nothing. It's like all her years of not eating have filled her with a surfeit of bile and for all the stuff spills out all over everyone in her life, and their lives, it must be far, far worse being her.

She does not love DScrace. That much is obvious. She had a crush on him when she was a kid, she never really knew him, the reality doesn't live up to the decades-old fantasy and no amount of abusive control tactics on her part are EVER going to make her feel better. He could literally be a cardboard cutout with no previous lovers and he still wouldn't do.

He is obviously a leech, but he might be a leech who has convinced himself he's in love with her pristine plucked knees and CONVERTIBLE MERCEDES. He should flee.
  • pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week's dire- y is pathetic even by her standards. Are we actually supposed to care about any of this guff. I doubt there are any followers who can summon up an ounce of sympathy for her now. The poor man should run and not look back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    The sad part of all this really is that David used to be so much fun. We laughed every single day. When we went to the south of France back in the early 80s we had to be push started out of chantry road and drive around a very hot France with the heater on to stop the engine overheating! Yet it was a brilliant holiday. And in more recent times I only remember him as being a funny, caring, intelligent, guy. I've moved on. He's moved on. I'm happy. Despite the silly betrayals which I don't understand, I hope he is. But I wonder.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The words "happy" and "Liz Jones" seldom, if ever, coexist in the real world.
  • puffin1962puffin1962 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    DM are cheating their green/red arrows. I Green arrowed some of the comments critical of this week's dreary and now I go back to the page they are all reset to zero >:(
  • Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    The sad part of all this really is that David used to be so much fun. We laughed every single day. When we went to the south of France back in the early 80s we had to be push started out of chantry road and drive around a very hot France with the heater on to stop the engine overheating! Yet it was a brilliant holiday. And in more recent times I only remember him as being a funny, caring, intelligent, guy. I've moved on. He's moved on. I'm happy. Despite the silly betrayals which I don't understand, I hope he is. But I wonder.

My fiancee's ex is going through a similar 'mid-life crisis'. After leaving and going through a couple of relationships that quickly broke down, he found himself with a woman who was extremely insecure, controlling and manipulative. He's recently found the strength to leave, but he'd invested so much emotionally into the relationship to try and prop up her over-blown ego, that it's taken him a good while to find a way out... and he's totally drained.

For all of the quotes from Lizard about how 'giving' she is and how everyone around her takes advantage of her generosity, and all she's looking for is a little reassurance, she's actually a raging, narcissistic, sociopathic ego who will undermine any relationship she's in.

People around here have been watching the car-crash that is Liz Jones's life for years, heaven knows it's well-documented enough. We all make mistakes, but what David was doing jumping in to the passenger seat is beyond me. I just hope he jumps out of the car soon. She deserves to spend the rest of her life alone, as India Knight thoughtfully put it... 'w*nking her cats'. :o

Good luck to you though, hopefully this will all be over very soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm certain that Lizard and Scrace are avid followers of DSpy - and that Lizard already knew full well that the address of her London 'cupboard' had been published here. What a pathetic 'Dreary' this week - wittering on about Rasa takeaways, bow ties ... blather blather blather (still - quid a word, lovely, who cares if the words are utter bilge).

Then, typical Lizard, she 'subtly' puts the knife in - after the Matisse exhibition Scrace this time didn't hand her his parking ticket ... but later it's 'sitting accusingly' on her desk!

I wonder if we're being prepared for the 'heartbreaking' news that Scrace is history. Oh Gawd - cue for endless Drearies on the subject of how awful he was, what a moocher, his nasty habits, his smoking, his texting his ex, trying to palm off his old car on the Lizard, his jealousy of her lovely house with its sloping lawns down to the pristine river, not to mention his envy of her new convertible Mercedes and how he only ever gave her one lousy bottle of Prosecco ...

Wonder if the Lizard will demand the gold Dunhill lighter and the cashmere sweaters back?

Scrace, I have told you your future. Dumped. Unless, of course, you dump first. Think on, mate ...
  • House of JonesHouse of Jones Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    In response to Dominodarling's post up thread, that actually makes me feel a bit sorry for David. He doesn't seem to be having much fun at all in his new life does he - by Liz's own account he is badgered, nagged, hounded, micro-criticised, she doesn't care about his feelings. I wonder when is the last time he laughed. I wonder if he and Liz have ever actually laughed together?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member

Chantry Road? You weren't (Exhibit A) the "Squash Racquet Date"?? I'm not sure I could survive the gales of laughter that revelation would cause me! Your 80's holiday sounds just perfect and reminds us all of similar outings I'm sure (don't start me on the '81 trip to Greece in an 'f' reg retired London ambulance).

MInd you, the fact that you have any happy memories AT ALL will be enough to send Jonesey into orbit, the self-obsessed fruit cake... the fact that she can't re-write history is just one of the many things that means that every day, for her, is a teeth-grinding, bile-churning nightmare.