New Releases & Recently added sections

These sections have been missing for months now & it`s just not right not having these on the homepage with a service like Netflix UK is. I chatted to them on facebook & the reply was they were testing things out to make it more user friendly. Ok that`s fair enough but why take months over it? We need to see what`s been added. Yes there are fan pages telling you what`s been added but really Netflix UK need to put them back on.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    No thoughts on this guys? Any of you got the sections?
  • gothergother Posts: 14,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both sections are on mine but are now towards the bottom rather than near the top.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

They're rolling out a redesign so I guess it's just a case of waiting until they've finished what they'e doing.
    New Releases is showing up on my iPhone when you open up each category.
    Not showing up on WiiU or Wii.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would think they would put it at the top maybe they want us watch the more obscure older stuff .
    Forum Member
    You would think they would put it at the top maybe they want us watch the more obscure older stuff .
    Yes you would think so. Lets hope it ends up at the top when they finished the redesign.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know there redesigning where do you get that from. i have a Ps3 and i have the latest one on there however on my Roku 2 XS i have the old design. And to complicate matters even more my brother has a WDTV box and netflix is truly awful on there with regards to the design so that is in need of a new redesign.
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    How do you know there redesigning where do you get that from.

Because iOS & Web versions have already been done, also it's amazing what you can learn with the power of Google ;)
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member

Netflix through my Apple tv always has a new releases and recently added section where as on the app on my tv or through I phone or I pad you get no New releases or added sections. Just the list of recommendations based on what you have seen. Some of which are quite bizarre. Because you watched Pulp Fiction we recommend Postman Pat and Downton Abbey!!

Apple tv Netflix also allows you to display the running time and synopsis while you are watching. On other devices it pauses it and you cannot see the synopsis while watching.

By the way what is the difference between New release and recently added? Does it not amount to the same thing. And why does a title show as new or added for months on end? Sky only show titles as recently added for a week or two which is how it should be.
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    where as on the app on my tv or through I phone or I pad you get no New releases or added sections.
    If you select the 3 lines top left and the select a category you'll see a New Releases section for that category.
    By the way what is the difference between New release and recently added? Does it not amount to the same thing.
    New Releases = Recent movies & shows available.
    Recently Added = Stuff that isn't necessarily new but it's now available.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't got these sections

On a weekly basis, i just go through all of everything to see what is new
    Forum Member
    I haven't got these sections

On a weekly basis, i just go through all of everything to see what is new
    Well you shouldn`t have to. This has been going on for 3 months or more. Every other service always have then & they just don`t dissapear out the blue :(
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a side note, the Android app has also had a redesign with a new logo. However, the Samsung Smart TV app hasn't been updated for months. It still doesn't have the option to change user profiles which is a shame as it's such a useful feature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    On a side note, the Android app has also had a redesign with a new logo. However, the Samsung Smart TV app hasn't been updated for months. It still doesn't have the option to change user profiles which is a shame as it's such a useful feature.

I have a Samsung smart TV (2013 F Series) and I do have user profiles - but still the old version overall. Dont hold out much hope of it ever being refreshed.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a link to new releases section on netflix but i can't see a new release section on the netflix main page on the web version
    Forum Member
    I got a link to new releases section on netflix but i can't see a new release section on the netflix main page on the web version
    No & it`s been like that for months & months. There should always be a new release section & recently added on the main page at all times no matter what. Getting links is not good enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    They stopped showing these sections months ago - same with expiring. It's all do to with them retiring bits of the API - stupid I know.