Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    What the hell must reeva's family be feeling. They've got absolutely no justice for her. Not sure if there is anything else they can do to get the justice they deserve. The only consolation is he'll have to live with what he's done for the rest of his life.

I don't think he'll be bothered. He seems a selfish immature human being who doesn't give a dam about anything apart from 'farting for his life!'.

I wish that I'd never seen any of the trial on T.V. >:(>:(
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    Interestingly the panel (quoted by me above, from Daka) also thought it was massively odd that Masipa said that OP should have FORESEEN the danger of accepting a gun, and yet didn't have to foresee that shooting four dum dum bullets through a door into a tiny cubicle with a person inside, would cause bloody catastrophic harm to them.

:confused:

and he foresaw that shooting into the shower cubicle would ricochet and hit him
  • Options
    wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly the panel (quoted by me above, from Daka) also thought it was massively odd that Masipa said that OP should have FORESEEN the danger of accepting a gun, and yet didn't have to foresee that shooting four dum dum bullets through a door into a tiny cubicle with a person inside, would cause bloody catastrophic harm to them.

I think those words go with CH, to go with DE he did foresee. Need to get your Mr Spock mind meld abilities sorted to ascertain that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.iol.co.za/news/judge-masipa-got-it-wrong-1.1749695

Dolus eventualis.

But it makes huge difference for OP's future marketability that he is not a convicted murderer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    At the beginning of his testimony Oscar said he never wanted to touch a gun again. Want to take bets on how long this lasts? The second he lays hands on a gun in the future the whole world will see through this bullshit.
  • Options
    DeneDene Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Given that in Judge Masipa's ruling, Oscar Pistorius's version of events is the one we went with, how does she justify the fact that he was such an awful witness on the stand?

I know she said something about "that doesn't make him a liar", but it must make him something or other! If he was telling the truth, why was he so evasive and inconsistent?
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Jean_Kelly wrote: »
    It's an interesting article. However, I don't remember OP saying it was a black intruder?:confused:

It is referring to Swart Gevaar (Black threat) an apartheid term meaning, a security threat perceived as being posed by black people to whites. IMO
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll be bothered. He seems a selfish immature human being who doesn't give a dam about anything apart from 'farting for his life!'.

Didn't watch it other than when it was on the news. You maybe right though about him not caring.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    It is referring to Swart Gevaar (Black threat) an apartheid term meaning, a security threat perceived as being posed by black people to whites. IMO

Indeed. And it was discussed on here at length.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    As part of the terms for the Olympics and Paralympics normal Immigration rules have to be changed for competitors( its part of the agreements with the IOC and IPC)
    Am I only the member on here to have been in a stadium with Oscar as I saw him run at the Paralympics when he lost to the Brazilian athlete.

I never knew that, what if someone has a conviction for sex offences?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member

I am with you. I wasted so much time watching as I believe justice would be done.

Has anyone seen the video speech from Uncle Arnold that he made in court thanking the judge? >:(>:( Unbelievable!!

http://ewn.co.za/Media/2014/09/12/Pistorius-family-thanks-Masipa
  • Options
    Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »

Or terrorist offences?
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Pistorious estranged from his father anyway, does anyone know?
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money talks - Justice walks. Outrageous result.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Money talks - Justice walks.

Dollars Eventualis? :p
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly! A real intruder would have blasted or chopped OP to pieces as he was screaming his Head off as he went up the Narrow Corridor. What Intruder with a powerful handgun would give the OP any chance of trapping them in the Toilet..... lol

If it was an intruder in there how was OP supposed to know he was armed?

If he wanted to kill an armed intruder he would have fired as soon as he looked into the bathroom.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    Still think they have to let them enter otherwise the games could be suspended.
  • Options
    stressfree_manstressfree_man Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    http://www.iol.co.za/news/judge-masipa-got-it-wrong-1.1749695

Dolus eventualis.

But it makes huge difference for OP's future marketability that he is not a convicted murderer.

What fabulous reading and utterly damning of Masipa.
    I am convinced that her findings will be overturned and that she will be discredited. I had such hopes that she would throw the book at him too
  • Options
    porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She did.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

:D This should be added to the SA law books.
  • Options
    Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

:D:D Very clever.
  • Options
    wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An SA criminal lawyer guy, Martin Hood, on Sky now actually used the phrases
    " fundamental flaws"
    " a case of straight forward murder"
    "surprised Masipa thought there was no intent "
    "got off with murder".

And he wasn't just talking about himself. Obviously there were words around this, but that was the gist.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking news banner o. BBC says Reeva s parents say justice not done. I have to agree with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Someone should repost Donmack's famous post so we can remind ourselves of all the things we now know Masipa thinks are true.
This discussion has been closed.