Options

First housemate revealed?

Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
Forum Member
✭✭
So, it would appear that Liddia Railton-Newby may be going in.. or not seeing as she's blabbed so early to the papers.

https://twitter.com/lidsnewbs

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/what-s-on/video-x-factor-rejects-latest-shot-at-glory-1-6635603

No thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Oh gawd, so we are off to a typical ch5 BB HM start then. :(
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't remember her on The X Factor at all. Presumably she's talking about CBB anyway?
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused:
    C5 have had a great selection of housemates over their first few years..far better than ch4s last 5 years.
    I dont know how anyone can judge her without even seeing her( other than a twitter acc and 40 second clip ),she may make a great housemate..or maybe its just an agents way to push her in the spotlight by saying shes going on BB when shes not really..this happened a lot last year but at the moment I really dont see why anyone would be upset about her going in unless their judging her complete personality on the fact she wants to be famous ( like many of ch4s classic housemates ).
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't she be in hiding if she was going in?
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows? Perhaps Liddia Railton-Newby will prove even more popular than Gina.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of hot air I reckon

Surely the normal not rights are in hiding about now being prepped for launch and have no access to social media
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    :confused:
    C5 have had a great selection of housemates over their first few years..far better than ch4s last 5 years.
    I dont know how anyone can judge her without even seeing her( other than a twitter acc and 40 second clip ),she may make a great housemate..or maybe its just an agents way to push her in the spotlight by saying shes going on BB when shes not really..this happened a lot last year but at the moment I really dont see why anyone would be upset about her going in unless their judging her complete personality on the fact she wants to be famous ( like many of ch4s classic housemates ).

We have had more semi celeb, glamour model wannabe, fame hungry type of HM since it went to ch5 than ever before on ch4....she is just another awful loud mouth celeb wannabe that ruins this show.

HM's who enter the civilian BB house should not be in the media in any way or have an agent, never mind breaking BB rules on keeping quiet about going into the house...but as you say it may be all talk and rumour and she might not be a HM....lets hope.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have had more semi celeb, glamour model wannabe, fame hungry type of HM since it went to ch5 than ever before on ch4....she is just another awful loud mouth celeb wannabe that ruins this show.

HM's who enter the civilian BB house should not be in the media in any way or have an agent, never mind breaking BB rules on keeping quiet about going into the house...but as you say it may be all talk and rumour and she might not be a HM....lets hope.
    But some of those considered BB legends on ch4 had agents or had been on tv,in magazines etc..if you look at BB6 for example Saskia had been on the bill,Science had been on a bbc documentry, Derek had been well known in political arena and newspaper scene,then there was the connections theme as well Orlaith a known model knew dermot,Vanessa knew marco from bb5,maxwell knew endemol production..I think there were other media connections as well but its hard to recall exactly.

I think from BB6 onwards there were HMs with agents,equity cards or had connections so it was no big thing when ch5 just repeated this and actually it has given us some of the most memorable housemates both on ch4 and 5.
    I do recall hearing Derek Laud had been head hunted and I was shocked and angry at the time but some 9 years later I have gotten used to it,the show hasint really been about normal joe since BB5 which is by no coincidence when they decided to change on how to apply by creating open auditions.

I dont think a bunch of average housemates ( like BB2? ) would be that popular by todays standards because many these days wants immediate and constant drama/action/comedy...I think BB5 started the show in that direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    But some of those considered BB legends on ch4 had agents or had been on tv,in magazines etc..if you look at BB6 for example Saskia had been on the bill,Science had been on a bbc documentry, Derek had been well known in political arena and newspaper scene,then there was the connections theme as well Orlaith a known model knew dermot,Vanessa knew marco from bb5,maxwell knew endemol production..I think there were other media connections as well but its hard to recall exactly.

I think from BB6 onwards there were HMs with agents,equity cards or had connections so it was no big thing when ch5 just repeated this and actually it has given us some of the most memorable housemates both on ch4 and 5.
    I do recall hearing Derek Laud had been head hunted and I was shocked and angry at the time but some 9 years later I have gotten used to it,the show hasint really been about normal joe since BB5 which is by no coincidence when they decided to change on how to apply by creating open auditions.

I dont think a bunch of average housemates ( like BB2? ) would be that popular by todays standards because many these days wants immediate and constant drama/action/comedy...I think BB5 started the show in that direction.

I take your points, BB has changed a lot since it's beginning, BB1 would now be considered as tame and dull compared to modern shows.

BUT I still think BB3 was the best show of all the series ( IMO) and they didn't have agents before going in, if the producers would try harder (or bother picking them) the interesting regular Joe type of HM's are still out there...but that plonker Jamie East a couple of years ago summed up the problems with modern selection process's of HM selection when he chose that awful person Becky to go in rather than more interesting HM's he could have chosen. :(
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

BUT I still think BB3 was the best show of all the series ( IMO) and they didn't have agents before going in, if the producers would try harder (or bother picking them) the interesting regular Joe type of HM's are still out there...but that plonker Jamie East a couple of years ago summed up the problems with modern selection process's of HM selection when he chose that awful person Becky to go in rather than more interesting HM's he could have chosen. :(

Becky became a HM due to a public vote didn't she??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Becky became a HM due to a public vote didn't she??

Nope, Jamie East had final say...unless the public vote decided on the top 3 possible HM's and he chose out of the 3...but im sure he had final say....unless he picked the 3 which included Becky and the public voted for her...either way he need not have picked her as he thought she was a fake before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, Jamie East had final say...unless the public vote decided on the top 3 possible HM's and he chose out of the 3...but im sure he had final say.

Other way around. He chose the three wildcards and the public voted who to go in the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    snariek wrote: »
    Other way around. He chose the three wildcards and the public voted who to go in the house.

Yep, you may be right, I think I remember that he picked her in the final 3, but he thought she was a fake in earlier audition rounds so it was bizarre that he picked her.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    snariek wrote: »

One of the other two possble HMs posted on DS for a while during the series.

East probably chose the three wildcards in the same way the judges on X Factor choose who to put through to the live shows, ie he was told who to choose by the producers
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see how many of C4's housemate picks were that different really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see how many of C4's housemate picks were that different really.

There were a few similar-ish trashy fame hungry HM's on the ch4 shows, but on ch5 under Richard Desmond's watch nearly all the females (and some male HM's) have been put in simply to look sexy, flirt and get involved with showmances.
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Under no circumstances should housemates with agents or media connections enter that house!

They are put under a microscope (although a bit pointless these days with the lack of coverage) for a reason.

Sorry to be the grammar police but that article is shocking, and no, I do not want to see that wannabe in the house either!
  • Options
    Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out 1st plase
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    Out 1st plase

Don't let her in full stop!

Normal, real, interesting people only please!
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I agree, all Big Brother housemates should not have had any form of publicity before. I get that some C4 housemates did (George from BB7 and Charley from BB8) but C5's casts contain tons.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance. They could easily replace her in time and him by talking. The housemates going in will be kept secret as best they can until launch night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, all Big Brother housemates should not have had any form of publicity before. I get that some C4 housemates did (George from BB7 and Charley from BB8) but C5's casts contain tons.

I mean, how often do you meet genuine, honest, real and interesting people who you think would be brilliant in the Big Brother house? I do, all the time!

Channel 5 should note - good housemates are surely NOT that hard to find and there is absolutely no need whatsoever to trawl media agencies to find honest-to-goodness individuals.

Normal people are usually tv gold and have provided some of the best moments BB has ever seen. Jade Goody (RIP) for example, was marmite for most people but she absolutely was tv gold. Although young at the time, she was completely grounded, naive and unassuming, but also unbelievably overwhelmed and privileged at the opportunity to be in the BB house. She wasn't looking for fame, it found her.

I miss bona-fide housemates and although Channel 5 have promised us that we will indeed have these in BB15 I very much doubt this is true.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Oh so premature.

One unconfirmed HM we know very little about and whoosh - they're off !

How about waiting a couple of weeks and seeing the official lineup unfold onscreen ? Novel idea, I know. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised.

There was plenty of dud housemates in the C4 era. Indeed I was so monumentally underwhelmed by the BB10 launch and the housemates chosen that I didn't make it past launch night, the only series I didn't follow throughout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who wants to see a bunch of hungry wannabes so desperate for fame they would trample over anyone or anything to get it? Not me.

I just want to see some normal housemates who are appreciative of the experience for what it is that's all, not people whose sole purpose is to promote themselves.

It's no longer a stepping-stone to fame and hasn't been for years now. So I really do hope that they have selected some interesting characters with equally interesting stories to tell and not the usual 'out there' or boring individuals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Oh so premature.

One unconfirmed HM we know very little about and whoosh - they're off !

How about waiting a couple of weeks and seeing the official lineup unfold onscreen ? Novel idea, I know. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised.

There was plenty of dud housemates in the C4 era. Indeed I was so monumentally underwhelmed by the BB10 launch and the housemates chosen that I didn't make it past launch night, the only series I didn't follow throughout.

Well deciding you don't like a housemate based solely on their launch night VT is just a premature as deciding you don't like a potential housemate after watching an interview with them.