Census Results 2011

Comments

• UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC is so achingly biased.

These results just show that Labour screwed us all and the real figures are far worse.

Time to take action.
    What kind of action?
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I don't feel betrayed. Why do you?

Too few resources. Too many people. The current trajectory is utterly unsustainable.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all the foreigners have moved to East London :(
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too few resources. Too many people. The current trajectory is utterly unsustainable.

How has it affected you personally?
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except without all those immigrants the effects of our aging demographics would be far far worse. For example, where would the NHS be without all those foreign doctors and nurses?
  • smokincheesesmokincheese Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Except without all those immigrants the effects of our aging demographics would be far far worse. For example, where would the NHS be without all those foreign doctors and nurses?

Ah, that old chestnut. :rolleyes:

There would be less people using the NHS for a start ..and who says White English people can't be trained to be doctors and nurses? It's a redundant argument.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel betrayed. Why do you?

I do. Why don't you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There would be less people using the NHS for a start ..and who says White English people can't be trained to be doctors and nurses? It's a redundant argument.
    This would be the ageing white English population filling the wards you want to train up would it?

The demographics mean we need more young people from somewhere. Unless you plan to have eight children or more to fill the shortfall, then wait 30 years for them all to become useful, accept that we need to get qualified people of working age from elsewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do. Why don't you?

Why would I feel betrayed-
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would be the ageing white English population filling the wards you want to train up would it?

The demographics mean we need more young people from somewhere. Unless you plan to have eight children or more to fill the shortfall, then wait 30 years for them all to become useful, accept that we need to get qualified people of working age from elsewhere.

Sorry ,but where are you getting your information from?
    Government-assisted figures, no doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The white British fertility rate is 1.6, far below the replacement rate of 2.1. Without immigration, we simply cannot replace ourselves. This then affects the debt levels, economic growth rates, retirement ages etc putting even more pressure on the fertility rate. It is a closed loop from where there is no escape. That's what is happening in Japan and Russia. Japan's fertility rate is something like 1.3, which is why the the population is declining year after year with deleterious effects on the economy. It is now in it's 3rd decade of recession.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would I feel betrayed-

Why wouldn't I?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

White English can be trained, infact thousands a year are, but there is still a shortfall. Would you rather people wait longer and risk death? Why don't you become a Dr?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't I?

I have no idea. Please explain?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White English can be trained, infact thousands a year are, but there is still a shortfall. Would you rather people wait longer and risk death? Why don't you become a Dr?

If wages were increased more White English people would move into the profession..you seem to think that ONLY foreigners can fill these positions.

I might consider it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry ,but where are you getting your information from?
    Government-assisted figures, no doubt.
    So you trust the figures that back up your own opinions and dismiss those that don't? OK. At least I now understand where you're coming from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you trust the figures that back up your own opinions and dismiss those that don't? OK. At least I now understand where you're coming from.

You're the one that brought figures into this..although you haven't stated a source for them. I am trusting my EXPERIENCE of living in this country, common sense and what I am seeing around me. You seem to rely on typical left-wing dogma, so I can see where you're coming from.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    You're the one that brought figures into this..although you haven't stated a source for them. I am trusting my EXPERIENCE of living in this country. What I am seeing around me. You seem to rely on typical left-wing dogma.

I agree. You don't need to be Einstein to realise that things are going to hell in a hand basket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If wages were increased more White English people would move into the profession..you seem to think that ONLY foreigners can fill these positions.

Where did I say only foreigners can fill these positions? My Mrs works at a Drs surgery, the doctors earn between 80-150k a year there. I would say that was pretty decent pay.

Good luck mate. I hope you have the brains and stamina for it.

How do you feel betrayed on a personal level?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I say only foreigners can fill these positions? My Mrs works at a Drs surgery, the doctors earn between 80-150k a year there. I would say that was pretty decent pay.

Good luck mate. I hope you have the brains and stamina for it.

Haha, off you pop..clueless!
  • pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the problem with the NHS is clearly that doctors aren't paid enough :D

I don't know how you expect to be able to debate with people if you state up front you're going to ignore all official statistics and say you know better because you've seen things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was a rather lame comeback. Hardly the intelligence of a potential Dr!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You must be in a bloody good job if you out-earn your average GP.

So if you earn so much, how has this government betrayed you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're the one that brought figures into this..although you haven't stated a source for them. I am trusting my EXPERIENCE of living in this country. What I am seeing around me. You seem to rely on typical left-wing dogma.
    There are plenty of population trend reports on the ONS website.

Rather than accuse someone of relying on dogma you might do better reading those reports and drawing real conclusions based on facts. An idea that will serve you well whilst studying for your medical doctorate I'm sure.
    I agree. You don't need to be Einstein to realise that things are going to hell in a hand basket.
    That depends entirely on your definition of hell IMO. Mass communication and cheap travel is making the nation state obsolete. It's only a matter of time.

So, either we embrace the imminent future and prepare for it, or we deny it's happening and spend our energies complaining. The choice is yours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    Yes, the problem with the NHS is clearly that doctors aren't paid enough :D

I don't know how you expect to be able to debate with people if you state up front you're going to ignore all official statistics and say you know better because you've seen things.

How about you supply some of these magical statistics instead of just referring to them. :rolleyes:

The argument that we NEED foreign workers is incorrect.