Options

Just ordered the wireless OD box from sky, and...

TGITCTGITC Posts: 2,765
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used the sky site to do it, and paid £21.95 on a separate credit card - It all went thru OK, and I got an email saying 'Login to 'MySky' and track your order...

Well, I logged in again, but cant find WHERE to track my order? Any ideas please?

Comments

• Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just tried it, it's there if you know where to look.

I went to https://my.sky.com/mysky/indexb.html and logged it as normal.

Then on the top bar (Which says HOME - FIND & WATCH TV - SKY PRODUCTS - SHOP - MY SKY - HELP & SUPPORT , just hover your mouse over MY SKY, wait a few seconds, a drop down menu appears, on the left you should see My Package, the 4th option is Order Tracking, go click it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, its there - Thank you very much - I really didn't know where to find it - Now I do -Thanks
  • Options
    F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My order was cancelled by SKY as it says my box isn't compatible.
    I thought you only had to have an HD box with ethernet connection which it has, It's only just over a year old.

I just checked a little more it seems you have to have HD actually enabled, I don't.

I think as single person paying £57 per month is to much as it is they can go whistle if they want any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F2kSel wrote: »
    My order was cancelled by SKY as it says my box isn't compatible.
    I thought you only had to have an HD box with ethernet connection which it has, It's only just over a year old.

I just checked a little more it seems you have to have HD actually enabled, I don't.

I think as single person paying £57 per month is to much as it is they can go whistle if they want any more.

Sorry to hear that you got a bad deal...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That said, it arrived today, and I am really impressed with the SMALL SIZE of it... Its only a little bit bigger than a box of matches, and is powered from the Sky Box...

No need for an extra power socket...

Despite it being as far away from my office as is possible in my house, and only getting 13% strength signal, Its working fine in my lounge...

The Box in my office is directly cabled, cause thats where my hub is :)

In all - WELL WORTH £21.95 :)

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    TGITC wrote: »
    In all - WELL WORTH £21.95

But £21.95 isn't at all competitive for a Wireless Access Point. These are available for £15 from Amazon or start at under £6 on eBay!

It is, at the end of the day, a totally standard bit of networking kit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greenglide wrote: »
    But £21.95 isn't at all competitive for a Wireless Access Point. These are available for £15 from Amazon or start at under £6 on eBay!

It is, at the end of the day, a totally standard bit of networking kit!

Although, the main difference is it only connects to the USB port, also getting it's power from the USB port, and also can be setup on the Sky box, whereas other networking devices would need setting up on a PC first, whereas you and me might be able to do that, others may not, so for them, it's a good piece of kit.
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Doesn't work on Samsung boxes for some reason???
    Probably not Pace or Thomson either?

Only Amstrad/Sky I presume???

Any reason for this.

Wouldn't a few lines of code allow this to work on ALL boxes.
    Yes I know it seem simplistic but this is Sky after all.
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No the wireless connector mini doesn't work on Pace Samsung and DRX 780 Sky+HD boxes.
    As for Thomson boxes it obviously doesn't work as there no longer supported and haven't been updated for years. They also have no use for an Internet connection.

As for why it doesn't work I'm not 100% sure, however I would guess that since the older boxes were built to a older specification perhaps they have USB 1.0 ports and so would be too slow. Or perhaps the boxes can't deliver enough power.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although, the main difference is it only connects to the USB port, also getting it's power from the USB port, and also can be setup on the Sky box, whereas other networking devices would need setting up on a PC first, whereas you and me might be able to do that, others may not, so for them, it's a good piece of kit.

WPS button. Simples!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    WPS button. Simples!

These other cheaper boxes people use don't always have a WPS button though, if any of them do, as they have to be setup as a bridge first, for the majority of people, the box supplied by Sky is the easiest option, and for some, the only option they would understand.

Yes, for other more tech savvy people, there are other options, that is the same with most things in life, but for others, often the generic option supplied is the best option.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The price of convenience....keeps the money rolling in! :)