Hdr 1.00.03 Ota

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fitting a temporary A-B lnb switch first should be safe enough, simply route the lnb to tuner 1 first and then switch it tuner 2 when required

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manual-A-B-LNB-Switch-Satellite-Broadband-F-Connector_W0QQitemZ270407419314QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL?hash=item3ef589c5b2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    Now that's a good workround, thanks Graham.

Rgds.

Les.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan.w wrote: »
    Well humax should supply one I cant find a working mumber for support there 0844 not available on this service from my line as i got premium rate numbers blocked
    Try their email address :-

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

Rgds.

Les.
  • alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    Try their email address :-

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

Rgds.

Les.

I just called head office support is calling back we will see that was 15 mins ago still nothing :(
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's alan.w's post for 16:46

I just called head office support is calling back we will see that was 15 mins ago still nothing :(

edit there it is.... I kept trying refresh and selecting the page again and it only appeared after I posted. The DS servers must be playing up again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

edit there it is.... I kept trying refresh and selecting the page again and it only appeared after I posted. The DS servers must be playing up again
    I thought it was my new laptop playing up. I'm still getting to grips with Vista (yes, i know :D ). Previous laptop gave up after 9 years of daily service.

Glad it wasn't just me then :)

Rgds.

Les.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was my new laptop playing up. I'm still getting to grips with Vista (yes, i know :D ). Previous laptop gave up after 9 years of daily service.

Glad it wasn't just me then :)

Rgds.

Les.

:D I was hoping that I might have been able to get my post in before alans and amaze everyone with my psychic powers :p but then you may ask is how did I quote him if the post wasn't there...:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good point :confused: i thought i had "preview post" and not posted it but if u saw it where is it?
    Im still waiting them to call back mind maybe support are bizzy with all us that cant update and dont know the aswer yet :)

Edit: i can see it now very strange :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    "However you may spot one other minor change"

Can anybody tell me what the minor change is? I cant see any difference
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was there a on screen keyboard to input your post code on the old software or was in remote only
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I posted it in post #36 in this thread :D:D

Rgds.

Les
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ......Im still waiting them to call back mind maybe support are bizzy with all us that cant update and dont know the aswer yet :) .......
    I would imagine it will be tomorrow, now, as the support hours finish at 17:30.

Rgds.

Les.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there a on screen keyboard to input your post code on the old software or was in remote only

yes there was an option to input using virtual keyboard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes there was an option to input using virtual keyboard

Thats much better must open my eyes more :D
  • richard_g_ukrichard_g_uk Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The front panel Time Display is now centred when recording in Standby or in Active Standby, previously it was on the left in those modes :D

Rgds.

Les.

Still on .02 at the moment (haven't had chance to update it) however just dropped it into standby while its recording and the clock is centred on mine (and I'm pretty sure it always has been).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still on .02 at the moment (haven't had chance to update it) however just dropped it into standby while its recording and the clock is centred on mine (and I'm pretty sure it always has been).

He's having a bit of a leg pull ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's having a bit of a leg pull ;)
    Oh no he's not :D:D

Richard, leave it in standby when a recording starts, not drop into standby having been "On". If you are on .02, the time will be on the left whilst recording from standby.

Rgds.

Les.
    Forum Member
    Richard, probably isn't pulling anybody's leg as I can honestly say nothing has changed as far as the time position is concerned. Mine was always in the middle and is in the middle now.

I updated from 02 to 03 yesterday

Robert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard, probably isn't pulling anybody's leg as I can honestly say nothing has changed as far as the time position is concerned. Mine was always in the middle and is in the middle now.

I updated from 02 to 03 yesterday

Robert
    GC wasn't implying that Richard was doing the leg pulling, rather myself :D

But I wasn't. I can only assume you do not have Power Saving in standby enabled, so you see the clock all the time?

Good citizens that use Power Saving will have seen the time over on the left on .02 when recording in Standby, or Active Standby, it is now centred in .03.

I can't go back to .02, but I know what I've seen; anyway, it's no major deal, just a bit of fun to spot the "minor difference".

Rgds.

Les.
    Forum Member
    @savvy

Les, I don't see the clock all the time. I do have powersaving on. Like you say, I know what I saw. This is very strange indeed. Honestly, it was in the middle yesterday before the download, and is in the middle when standing by today. Is it possible I'm missing something???

Your'e right though it's good fun:)

Robert
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well its now 24 hours and no call back, anybody know how long support take to call pepole?
  • mrmarkymrmarky Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its now 24 hours and no call back, anybody know how long support tack to call peple?

If its as long as you can wait for them to fix the bugs expect a year and 3 weeks, and that's a call to say there upgrading there phones and will call you once there upgrade has taken place
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think i have found the update on humaxs web site but am going round and round trying to download it im beginning to think im stupid how hdo you download it?
    all im finding is a pdf :confused:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    downloading of that update from humax website was disabled months ago. Apparently some people had issues applying the update manually. Humax prefer the updates to happen OTA and automagically. Less scope for user error.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    40watts wrote: »
    downloading of that update from humax website was disabled months ago. Apparently some people had issues applying the update manually. Humax prefer the updates to happen OTA and automagically. Less scope for user error.

yet yesterday i was being told 7.52 loader wasn't a over air update and humax are calling back but then dont, do this company know what customer service is if its its been removed why is the page still there?
    I think i will be avoiding humax next time

I am stuck as are 2 friend that i told to get this box we are all singe cable cases :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Give em time and I'm sure they will assist you.

This failure to OTA update problem only effects a minority of people with 7.51 (or older) bootloader and a single cable setup.

Now that they know it's an issue and as more people contact them for support, I'm sure it will get a higher priority. For now they are no doubt busy with the V1.0.3 update. That's what most people are anxious to get asap as it has bug fixes.

If anyone from Humax is listening... I am more that happy with the Foxsat PVR, besides a few minor bugs/annoyances, mine have given sterling service and I would certainly recommend it.