Options

Tiger's former wife Elin wants $750 million

roidboy_roidboy_ Posts: 1,138
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Elin Nordegren reportedly demands $750 million divorce package
Elin Nordegren Woods has escalated her demands during divorce negotiations and is now asking for "an estimated $750 million package" and full custody of the children she and Tiger have together, reports Bill Zwecker of the Chicago Sun-Times.

Zwecker writes what others have reported: that Tiger has demanded a strict, lifelong confidentiality clause that would ban Nordegren from writing a book about their marriage or doing any interviews on the subject.
Previously the couple had been working on a joint custody agreement, but now reports indicate the pair are not speaking to each other.
Things started to turn less amicable last week when news came out that Nordegren had hired a London law firm where her sister works to represent her in the divorce proceedings. Tiger's camp accused the law firm of being the source of leaks about their relationship.

Comments

• Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's got him by the Dunlops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiger should have never married or at least had a prenup which protected him

i don't care if he cheated, most men will cheat especially with that kind of fame and money, however tiger is an idiot for not protecting his money in the first place
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    although i doubt these figures are correct, last time i checked tigers net worth was $750mil, so i dont think she can take everything.

i think she'll get 200 mil
  • Options
    kazzamackazzamac Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roidboy_ wrote: »
    tiger should have never married or at least had a prenup which protected him

i don't care if he cheated, most men will cheat especially with that kind of fame and money, however tiger is an idiot for not protecting his money in the first place

Thre was a prenup valued at $20million after 10 years

<http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-12-03/new-details-on-tigers-prenup/?cid=hp:mainpromo1&gt;
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes does not want much then:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Flubber.Flubber. Posts: 2,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think she should go for it, not usually an advocate for taking a man for all he's worth but he humilated her and continues to do so by going back on his promise to try and be with the family more. She's entitled to half as she' been the sole carer of his childrens when he spends the majority of the year on tour.
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roidboy_ wrote: »
    Elin Nordegren reportedly demands $750 million divorce package

Good luck with that.....Just imagine what the legal bill will be.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flubber. wrote: »
    Think she should go for it, not usually an advocate for taking a man for all he's worth but he humilated her and continues to do so by going back on his promise to try and be with the family more. She's entitled to half as she' been the sole carer of his childrens when he spends the majority of the year on tour.

she deserves nought

the kids however deserve it

i'm not sure how much tiger woods made between 2004 and 2010, but she doesn't deserve anything from his earnings before this period... they'd been married less than 6 years
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they'll both be left with more money than anyone could ever need.
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She deserves something but not that much. She needs to go out and work instead of sitting on her ass trying to take Tiger for all he has. I mean, he's a cheating douchebag, but he DOES work and has acquired his fortune himself. I bet she doesn't financially contribute to the household at all.
  • Options
    Sunshine&amp;SolaceSunshine&amp;Solace Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luvandlife wrote: »
    She deserves something but not that much. She needs to go out and work instead of sitting on her ass trying to take Tiger for all he has. I mean, he's a cheating douchebag, but he DOES work and has acquired his fortune himself. I bet she doesn't financially contribute to the household at all.

You mean apart from looking after his children? That's after carrying them for nine months each and giving birth to them. ;)
  • Options
    luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean apart from looking after his children? That's after carrying them for nine months each and giving birth to them. ;)

Oh please. There are plenty of women out there that care for the children and still have a career. Just because she birthed his kids doesn't warrant her all of his fortune that HE worked for. Try again.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely he drew up a prenup?
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please. There are plenty of women out there that care for the children and still have a career. Just because she birthed his kids doesn't warrant her all of his fortune that HE worked for. Try again.:rolleyes:

When you marry someone there is no "mine" and "yours", it is "ours".

When a couple divorce any money or assets built up during the marriage should be split 50/50 between the partners.
  • Options
    IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she deserves every penny! When you look at the many, many women he slept with... did he use protection every single time? I shudder to think the diseases he might have spread around, including to his wife.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, with some WAGs I might agree with you. People like Alex Curran have completely traded off their WAG status, and would be lucky to be in a minimum wage job had she not married Steve G.

However, from what I know of Elin, she worked as a nanny and a model before her wedding, and hasn't used her status as Tiger's wife for profit. I also think that while I applaud working mothers, if the choice not to work is available to them, it's a very valid life choice.

I also think that Elen had a lot more potential than the likes of Alex Curran/Dannielle Lloyd etc. Her mother is a politician and her sister is a lawyer I think, so I believe what I've read about Elen having originally intended going to Uni is true. Therefore that was something she gave up when she married (we don't whose decision this ultimately was, or did circumstances dictate), so in the cold hard terms of a divorce, she deserves compensation. Add to that, that most of Tiger's money has been earned based on his image, and I'm sure when he was seen as a family man, with a loving wife by his side, it did his wallet no harm at all.

I'm sure the 750mil figure is inflated, but she definitely deserves a lot.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The numbers are always inflated when it comes to these celebrity divorces, but the wives end up getting a lot less than the press claim they will.

She will get $100m tops, probably less.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    The numbers are always inflated when it comes to these celebrity divorces, but the wives end up getting a lot less than the press claim they will.

She will get $100m tops, probably less.

Crikey, how will she get by?:confused:

These numbers (his earnings and her demands) are simply obscene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    You go girl!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    He can afford it should have thought of that before he dipped his wick all those times arrogant little pr*ck
  • Options
    Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a greedy little woman. If I were in his position, I'd pay for hitman. He worked for the money and he should keep it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    I think she should take him to the Child Support Agency...
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    He can afford it should have thought of that before he dipped his wick all those times arrogant little pr*ck

my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are married, she is entitled to half of his fortune - or whatever was agreed by pre-nup.

It's entirely his fault for recklessly cheating on his wife and family.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    What a greedy little woman. If I were in his position, I'd pay for hitman. He worked for the money and he should keep it.

He showed complete disregard for her health, along with the health of her children, who on earth knows what nasty little diseases he could have picked up and passed on to her (at the time) unborn children, never mind the complete lack of respect, if I was her I'd be the one hiring the hitman