Options

EastEnders - Big Story for Kat & Alfie?

You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
Forum Member
Shane Richie on This Morning just said Bryan Kirkwood has a big storyline planned for Kat and Alfie that will span a year or possibly two years and could be 'the biggest soap storyline in the history of soap' and that it will be 'massive'. :eek: :D

Comments

• Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    I read that Alfie has been having an affair.....but not with a human!
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 years? :mad: :eek:

Go away Alfie!
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    :mad::eek::yawn:Omg i have already had to switch off or mute everytime Kat and Alfie appear on my screen and it hasnt even been a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phasers wrote: »
    2 years? :mad: :eek:

Go away Alfie!

Couldn't agree more:mad:.

I hope he annoys the writers like Joey did in Friends and he ends at the bottom of a lift shaft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I hope it actually gives Jessie some material for her to show her potential with rather than just this on the run stufff. She's one of the most complex characters created in the 00s they should actually give her something to show this not use her for comedy just because she's paired with Alfie.

I have NO idea what it could be though..
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Shane Richie on This Morning just said Bryan Kirkwood has a big storyline planned for Kat and Alfie that will span a year or possibly two years and could be 'the biggest soap storyline in the history of soap' and that it will be 'massive'. :eek: :D

Shane Richie's bound to say that though. He thinks everything he does is the best
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously get lost with a potential 2 year storyline! It will become so tedious and boring that it will frustrate the hell out of viewers. And the fact that it'll involve Alfie even more so!
  • Options
    teandtoast3teandtoast3 Posts: 2,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad::eek::yawn:Omg i have already had to switch off or mute everytime Kat and Alfie appear on my screen and it hasnt even been a week.

same they do my fckin head in ...why did they have to bring them back :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be a problem with the baby? Only thing I think that could last 2 years that could be ongoing...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,091
    Forum Member
    k3v_85_04 wrote: »
    Could it be a problem with the baby? Only thing I think that could last 2 years that could be ongoing...

like a medical problem? Why would t last for 2 years tho and then die out? If something like a medical problem is gonna last that long for a baby its pretty much there for life usually rite?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    LDN wrote: »
    Seriously get lost with a potential 2 year storyline! It will become so tedious and boring that it will frustrate the hell out of viewers. And the fact that it'll involve Alfie even more so!

how do you know it is going to be boring you don't even know what the storyline is yet to pass judgement on it - also long running storylines don't frustrate all viewers some people enjoy them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie and Kats babies probably get mixed up and Kats biological child will die which Ronnie will be devastated about not realising her child is alive and well. Or vice versa. It's been done before by Footballers Wives IIRC.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a fan I am really hoping this WILL blow my mind.

As a fan, I am already thinking huge letdown!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    how do you know it is going to be boring you don't even know what the storyline is yet to pass judgement on it - also long running storylines don't frustrate all viewers some people enjoy them.

Yeah and some people don't enjoy them. How do you know it's going to be fascinating and not bore you to tears? You don't do you. But this thread here is to speculate and that's what I'm doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly sometimes long running storylines are the best. Some of my faves have been reallly long running. Lil Mo and Trevor domestic abuse was from September 00 - Halloween 2002. You ain't my muva. Who shot Phil. Lucas' murders (didn't personally like that one but I know alot of people did). Ronnie/danielle/Archie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah and some people don't enjoy them. How do you know it's going to be fascinating and not bore you to tears? You don't do you. But this thread here is to speculate and that's what I'm doing.

you stated it as if it were a fact though. I don't know if it is going to be boring but I'd rather wait to find out what the storyline is before deciding it is going to be boring and tedious and frustrate me because it will be running for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    Exactly sometimes long running storylines are the best. Some of my faves have been reallly long running. Lil Mo and Trevor domestic abuse was from September 00 - Halloween 2002. You ain't my muva. Who shot Phil. Lucas' murders (didn't personally like that one but I know alot of people did). Ronnie/danielle/Archie.

All of them were good storylines which the viewers did not lose interest with. The Archie/Ronnie storyline lasted for 2 years and has been one of the biggest storylines in recent for soaps. I prefer long running storylines rather than shorter ones like Phil being hooked on drugs but magically cured a few days later, brilliantly acted but poorly wrote and planned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you stated it as if it were a fact though. I don't know if it is going to be boring but I'd rather wait to find out what the storyline is before deciding it is going to be boring and tedious and frustrate me because it will be running for a while.

Actually I didn't state it as fact but rather as my opinion, which is pretty normal on a forum. At this stage no one knows what the storyline is for sure and my main issue is the longevity of the story not what it could be. The fact that we're being told it's going to be a long saga puts me off already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them were good storylines which the viewers did not lose interest with. The Archie/Ronnie storyline lasted for 2 years and has been one of the biggest storylines in recent for soaps. I prefer long running storylines rather than shorter ones like Phil being hooked on drugs but magically cured a few days later, brilliantly acted but poorly wrote and planned.

I think thats why people are blowing this out of proportion or saying that Ronnie will be involved. Sam W could have said 3 years ago that they have a great 2 year plan for her character. Who would have guessed at teh start what it would have been?

The current front runner on the boards is baby swap but we don't really have any idea where it will lead to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually I didn't state it as fact but rather as my opinion, which is pretty normal on a forum. At this stage no one knows what the storyline is for sure and my main issue is the longevity of the story not what it could be. The fact that we're being told it's going to be a long saga puts me off already.

sorry didn't men to offend you it was just the way you said 'will frustrate the viewers' thought you were stating it as everyones opinion:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry didn't men to offend you it was just the way you said 'will frustrate the viewers' thought you were stating it as everyones opinion:)

No worries, perhaps I should just put 'probably' next time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I think thats why people are blowing this out of proportion or saying that Ronnie will be involved. Sam W could have said 3 years ago that they have a great 2 year plan for her character. Who would have guessed at teh start what it would have been?

The current front runner on the boards is baby swap but we don't really have any idea where it will lead to.

I don't think it will be a baby swap because I'm not sure Ronnie is pregnant, I think she is just saying she is because she is so desperate to have a baby with Jack, I think if Ronnie is involved it will be her taking the baby and if that is the storyline it will be most likely because Sam is pregnant because she has stated she wants another baby so it will mean the storyline can run without Ronnie being on screen - but thats just me speculating, something doesn't seem right with Ronnie at the moment though and her pregnancy doesn't seem like it is real, it seems like their will be another twist to it yet, which is why it seems convenient that Ronnie is supposedly 5months pregnant and Kat is 6months pregnant, I mean their isn't a even a baby bump with Ronnie yet Kat is huge, I know it varies but surely their would be some sort of hint of a bump and surely Jack would have notice that Ronnie had started to put on weight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be a baby swap because I'm not sure Ronnie is pregnant, I think she is just saying she is because she is so desperate to have a baby with Jack, I think if Ronnie is involved it will be her taking the baby and if that is the storyline it will be most likely because Sam is pregnant because she has stated she wants another baby so it will mean the storyline can run without Ronnie being on screen - but thats just me speculating, something doesn't seem right with Ronnie at the moment though and her pregnancy doesn't seem like it is real, it seems like their will be another twist to it yet.

The problem once again is pacing. Sam W is not on screen now for a while so when we do see her again we will know the answer to teh pregnancy straight away as she will have a massive bump. And if she doesn't than TPTB are treating the characters and viewers as mugs as someone would have noticed!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_abbott wrote: »
    The problem once again is pacing. Sam W is not on screen now for a while so when we do see her again we will know the answer to teh pregnancy straight away as she will have a massive bump. And if she doesn't than TPTB are treating the characters and viewers as mugs as someone would have noticed!!

If she is faking the pregnancy she could do what Bree in Desperate Housewives did - fake bump. I don't know lol something just doesn't feel right with her being pregnant, it just feels like their will be a big twist yet.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not shocked at Shane already bigging up his own storyline on the show. Doesnt believe in hiding his light under a bushel.:rolleyes: