Could Leona Lewis flop?

13»

Comments

• soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I think in general Leona from the get go has been promoted badly i'm not a huge fan but really for a ''big star'' she hardly gets a look in as Syco seemingly have it in their head she is Leona therefore she wil sell regardless. Plus as others have pointed out Leona was the one sole balladeer of note that we had around echo now we have Emeli Sande, Adele and even for non pop fans the likes of Florence Welch who all have cross over appeal and huge sales Leona is just now one in a sea of female stars with big voices and in all honesty her material doesn't hold up along with the fact she hasn't got huge star quality. Will she fade away unlikely but her sales are likely to diminsh so her best bet is to become a touring artist.

I love the music Leona sings, also a fan of Adele & Emeli, so I am happy that all 3 are around, really looking forward to seeing Leona live for her 2nd tour as well, her first was pure magic. I really hope she is around for a long time to come, as well as Adele & Emeli.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    something is missing, she isn't a pop star. she still lacks personality and charisma which adele and emile have. it really shows in her interviews just bland. her singing performances are awkward especially alan carr where she was trying to be dramatic, it wasn't convincing.

she is always overhyped. syco constantly telling us she is an international "superstar". she is not a superstar. only a handful of singers are global superstars getting constant big hits in the usa and europe.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How much did her album sell?
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    How much did her album sell?

I wouldn't say Emeli has much more personality than Leona just marketed better again another of leona's problems.

And i think around 25K for a number 3 so 10,000 less than the unknown Jake Bugg :o
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to leave Simon and his label! If she was with someone else she would be releasing singles constantly, albums more frequently and her promotion would be way better! All her collaborations in the past have been rubbish and really need help!
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    And i think around 25K for a number 3 so 10,000 less than the unknown Jake Bugg :o

Oh wow
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    tpau21 wrote: »
    She needs to leave Simon and his label! If she was with someone else she would be releasing singles constantly, albums more frequently and her promotion would be way better! All her collaborations in the past have been rubbish and really need help!

Obvioulsy I have no insider knowledge so speculation only but I always get the impression Leona kind of likes how Syco deal with her - she doesn't seem to me to be that 'into' music and is not one of those people who constantly feel like she needs to be singing/writing/interracting with fans etc. I reckon she leads a pretty cushy life at the moment.