Options

PC Speakers

DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey. It's been a while since I've been in the market for PC speakers, so I'm after a little advice. I've always bought Creative speakers, as they're my preferred brand, but I'm open to suggestions. I tend to listen to music and play a fair amount of games, so that's the main use for the speakers.

My requirements are:

2.0 or 2.1 only.
~£30 (preferably less)
Good sound quality

The problem with my existing speakers (Creative T10 2.0) is that the left speaker keep dropping volume levels, especially when using the volume control on the master right speaker.

Comments

• Options
    max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member
    These are a good price at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002L3TSMK

Can't vouch for quality, so check out the reviews.
  • Options
    Esot-ericEsot-eric Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have some Logitech S120s. No complaints.
  • Options
    JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use headphones, because the quality is good and it does not annoy others. I have a speaker for when it is needed, and for children who I don't like using headphones, and I use a little bar speaker for that which works fine.
  • Options
    DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. :) I have come across these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speakers-Creative-Labs-Inspire-51MF0395AA000/dp/B002NGB86E. They seem to have good reviews and are around my price bracket. What are people's thoughts?
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a while since I used Pc speakers, i got my computer plugged into my old Toshiba Midi system and it will out perform most Pc speakers.

Creative speakers used to be good, but the last one I heard was pretty naff, Logitech is good if you get the right one.

there is not a lot around to be honest, well not quality ones, most are cheap ones that will just about do. It depends how much you want to spend, i know someone who got some Bose ones, but they cost about £90.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daedroth wrote: »
    Hey. It's been a while since I've been in the market for PC speakers, so I'm after a little advice. I've always bought Creative speakers, as they're my preferred brand, but I'm open to suggestions. I tend to listen to music and play a fair amount of games, so that's the main use for the speakers.

My requirements are:

2.0 or 2.1 only.
    ~£30 (preferably less)
    Good sound quality

The problem with my existing speakers (Creative T10 2.0) is that the left speaker keep dropping volume levels, especially when using the volume control on the master right speaker.

Pretty much all PC speakers are crap. Try and increase your budget and pick up a good used amplifier off ebay and a pair of speakers. The PC I'm using tonight is linked to an Aiwa amplifier and Warfedale speakers which sound very good and won't cost more than about £50 or £60 on ebay.