husbands and wives

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
Forum Member
I was just wondering what do you do together as a couple. Like hobbies ? Or things of interest.?
My husband likes bushcraft and outdoor camping and has a group of friends that he does this with.
We tend to go on walks and have meals out

What do you do?

Comments

• finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We host S & M parties and go dogging.
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argue
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fink wrote: »

Come on now, be nice to mrsbadger.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,947
    Forum Member
    Come on now, be nice to mrsbadger.

I'm just waiting for someone to say something smutty about 'bushcraft'.
  • LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're looking for a WE, sorry, I mean VWE "brotha" then inbox me bro.
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsbadger wrote: »
    I was just wondering what do you do together as a couple. Like hobbies ? Or things of interest.?
    My husband likes bushcraft and outdoor camping and has a group of friends that he does this with.

What do you do?

Are you sure bushcraft and outdoor camping is not just posh dogging?
    Forum Member
    Are you sure bushcraft and outdoor camping is not just posh dogging?

I didn't have to wait long for the 'bushcraft' reference :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wear matching jumpers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I indulge him and his hobbies of fishing and shooting. And that is plenty. He's my husband but I have absolutely no need to have any hobbies in common with him! We live together, we go out together. It's nice to do stuff without him :)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a husband, but my cat and I like lying on the settee.
    Forum Member
    Finish each other's sentences
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we go boating together
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bicker, talk about people and have sex. Sometimes we do two of these at the same time.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member

What do you do?

We have meals out too. We are a bit of a boring couple, but we have loads in common. We like the same shows and movies. We have been known to go to a renaissance fair together :o:D
    For several years, we had a saltwater fish tank....but of course that turned into him getting bored and me left to maintain it :mad: ;):D

We both like to do puzzles and play video/board games together....and we both spend too much time on the computer ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    It sounds as if we are just a normal couple then. I think I get a bit Fed up when he has weekends away with out me when he gets together with his buds.
    Also he works shifts so sometimes we are stuck for time other than weekends.
    I don't want to be a boring wife.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are active in our Church so do our Church activities together but my husband is a martial artist so he does that with his friends, I go out for meals with my friends, and I'm doing Level 1 BSL. He goes to the pictures by himself (since have our sons I don't have the concentration I had before so I have to really want to see a film to go. The last one was Men In Black 3.). I go to all the school meetings and assemblies, OH does all the shopping (I HATE it with a passion, he LOVES it!). So I'd say we probably got the balance for what works for us.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly digging archaeological sites and hillwalking :o Oh, and fencing! (any excuse to stab each other :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you do?

We have a shared career so we spend lots of time together our work and our family (not always in that order) are our life together, we occasionally go out for a meal or for a walk but usually land up talking about our family or our work. right boring couple we are. been happily married for 35 years so we must have got the combination right is suppose.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    It sounds as if we are just a normal couple then. I think I get a bit Fed up when he has weekends away with out me when he gets together with his buds.
    Also he works shifts so sometimes we are stuck for time other than weekends.
    I don't want to be a boring wife.

Do you have buds to go away on weekends with?
    Maybe you need to find something for yourself to stop you feeling like a boring wife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Do you have buds to go away on weekends with?
    Maybe you need to find something for yourself to stop you feeling like a boring wife.

Sadly no, I don't have any friends that live locally. And I have 2 daughters 13 and 14 but no we moved to this area about 4 years ago and its a small village so not a lot of people to make friends with. My husband has lived here all his life.
  • Pippa 2Pippa 2 Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course you do...:rolleyes:
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Sadly no, I don't have any friends that live locally. And I have 2 daughters 13 and 14 but no we moved to this area about 4 years ago and its a small village so not a lot of people to make friends with. My husband has lived here all his life.

Your friends don't have to live locally. Old friends to escape with or to on the occasional weekend?
    Join an evening class or find a hobby, something to occupy you so you're not just the wife or the mother, something for just you.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband likes bushcraft

My Oh also likes a nicely crafted bush :D:D :eek:
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's often bothered me that there's nothing we 'do' together - apart from the obvious. Three kids and hectic careers each - we've about time for a catch up, half comatose on the couch late at night. Before kids, we were big into travelling; him into photography and me into writing. I sometimes fantasise about us revisiting our favourite destinations and doing a joint blog/book about those travels. We both quite enjoy politics too; and watch current affairs progs and have a laugh about what's going on. Mostly, we have our kids in common and are the ultimate united front on that score.

This thread has made me think that we'll have to find something we can do together - just us. We both adore our children but there's literally nothing we do that doesn't involve one or all of them.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bet you there's a festival locally; most villages have something like that. Get involved, volunteer to do anything - even if it's just making the tea. They're a great way to get involved and make friends.