Embarrassing things you've done

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was playing in a rock band and our lead singer was called "Spade" because his name was Ade but he had a slight lisp.. One evening I was walking to the local pub and I suddenly saw him on the other side of the road. So I shouted out "Spade!!". Then I noticed the two large black guys who were walking behind him, who both stopped and looked at me. The only thing that saved me was Spade turning round and shouting "Hi"

Comments

• citiuscitius Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I once came running out of KFC with a bag of chicken and a soft drink. The lights were almost about to change to cross the road and I was in a hurry. It was an icey day and I slipped and fell backward on my backside in the middle of the crossing, completely blocking the road. Now you would have thought that would have been embarrassing enough but I was just getting started. During the fall my drink tipped all over myself and I was wet through. To make matters worse and elderly lady offered her hand to help me up.

I hurried back to work and went to the changing rooms to dry off. I walked into the canteen to find all of my colleagues laughing about it as someone from work had seen it happen. I never lived it down.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    citius wrote: »
    I once came running out of KFC with a bag of chicken and a soft drink. The lights were almost about to change to cross the road and I was in a hurry. It was an icey day and I slipped and fell backward on my backside in the middle of the crossing, completely blocking the road. Now you would have thought that would have been embarrassing enough but I was just getting started. During the fall my drink tipped all over myself and I was wet through. To make matters worse and elderly lady offered her hand to help me up.

I hurried back to work and went to the changing rooms to dry off. I walked into the canteen to find all of my colleagues laughing about it as someone from work had seen it happen. I never lived it down.

did you manage to save the chicken at all? :D

the only embarrassing things I've done are the ones I cant remember...because I was too drunk...
    Forum Member
    I am well known by my friends for always falling over. I am 6ft 3 and I dont always wear the most sensible footwear. If there is an opportunity to fall over then I will do it. I once fell over in town and they sent a city paramedic for me because it looked so bad on cctv. I actually knocked myself out.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God so, so many... The drink is a killer for creating embarrassing situations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    I jumped a little too energetically while clubbing and let my charms bounce out :o Worst moment of my life not least because 1) I was on a podium with hundreds of people watching and 2) I didn't realise for a good 20 seconds or so :o:o:o

I have so many, but that for me tops it all.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why did the KFC chicken cross the road?
    Forum Member
    Other embarrassing moments for me:

Sitting on Central Line asleep in the morning rush hour. Waking up and looking down to find a woman staring at my open fly. You could see the contents too. I was mortified. She would have been in her rights to have me arrested. Now I triple check my fly every time I leave the house.

Another incident was sitting on a packed train in Germany, staring out of the window. A high speed train passed by on the opposite track and created a wind surge that banged very loudly as it passed by. I was in a world of my own and let out an almighty shriek. Everyone on the train stared at me, some not realising why I had shrieked. For the rest of the journey I was definitely regarded as the person to avoid.

My final story was blaming a guy in Pret for short changing me. I was confident I had given him a 20 because I knew I definitely had a 20 in my wallet and it wasn't there. I asked to speak to the manager and they said they would stand by the cashier because he was so confident it was a 10. I accused the cashier of stealing my money as I was so sure. They said they would check the till but I was livid and accused them of trying this trick with lots of customers to earn some extra money. I ended up getting a refund of my food and walking out in a huff. I went back to the office and as I sat down I sensed something crumple in my back pocket. It was the 20 pound note that I had taken out of my wallet in the queue at Pret and for some reason put in my back pocket and forgotten about. Needless to say I was back in Pret at lunchtime with my tail firmly between my legs.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once looked through the door of an interview room in work and saw my Assistant interviewing a woman that I thought was very unkempt..
    After he'd finished he came into the main office and I asked "What took you so long with that bag lady?"
    It was his wife.
    You could hear a pin drop.
    I said "Right, listen up you lot. If you ever find yourself in the position I'm in then don't bother trying to worm your way out of it. You can't"
    He left the room after a while and staff were stuffing hankies and fists in their mouths.
    They later split up.
    Forum Member
    I once looked through the door of an interview room in work and saw my Assistant interviewing a woman that I thought was very unkempt..
    After he'd finished he came into the main office and I asked "What took you so long with that bag lady?"
    It was his wife.
    You could hear a pin drop.
    I said "Right, listen up you lot. If you ever find yourself in the position I'm in then don't bother trying to worm your way out of it. You can't"
    He left the room after a while and staff were stuffing hankies and fists in their mouths.
    They later split up.

I'm mortified for you.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I was in a night club and after a few drinks decided to have a rest and lean against a pillar. The only problem was that the "pillar" was actually a beam of light in the smoky atmosphere of the club. That was my Del Boy moment.

Another one was when I was on a bus journey. I had my headphones on and was listening to music and as I'd been up all night, I was dozing off now and again. And it was during one of the waking up moments that I joined in with Roger Daltry's scream at the end of Won't Get Fooled Again.

I kept my head down for the rest of the journey :o
  • Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in a night club and after a few drinks decided to have a rest and lean against a pillar. The only problem was that the "pillar" was actually a beam of light in the smoky atmosphere of the club. That was my Del Boy moment.

hahahahaha
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I jumped a little too energetically while clubbing and let my charms bounce out :o Worst moment of my life not least because 1) I was on a podium with hundreds of people watching and 2) I didn't realise for a good 20 seconds or so :o:o:o

I have so many, but that for me tops it all.

yes it certainly sounds embarrassing 'john' :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mine was at the cinema , the film had just finished , credits were rolling and the mad sheep heard run for the exit began ,,,, i grabbed my girlfriends hand and made a beeline ,,,,, i felt some resistance but thought nothing of it

until outside in the light of the foyer ,,,,,, where i was holding some random blokes hand ,,,,, and everybody was watching

fortunately everybody was dying of laughter , so i didn't feel tooooooo bad
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    fell asleep drunk on the doorstep and the milk man woke me up ..................a few weeks later I was getting ready to go out and there was a knock at the door I knew it would be my boyfriend so I opened the door in my knickers and bra...........guess what it was only the milkman.

I couldn't look at him again
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Accidentally calling a teacher “mum” springs to mind. Wouldn't have been so bad if the teacher wasn't male... :o

- A_Zombie
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A high speed train passed by on the opposite track and created a wind surge that banged very loudly as it passed by. I was in a world of my own and let out an almighty shriek. Everyone on the train stared at me, some not realising why I had shrieked. For the rest of the journey I was definitely regarded as the person to avoid.

I did that once when I was commuting from Liverpool Street to home. I was daydreaming and the train caused the loud wind noise and i jumped a mile in my seat and screamed. It was a mortifying journey home with me trying not to giggle and looking more and more like the village idiot.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    The list would be very long, put it that way. Most 'incidents' have been mentioned on DS anyway, at some stage.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was about 20 I played guitar (badly) in a band with a few friends. We were rubbish, but thought we were ok. Somehow we got asked to play at some lad's 18th bash.

The drummer got hammered on cider before we went on and kept getting slower, then faster. We hadn't had chance to tune our guitars/bass and it was an absolute mess.

We were truly awful and lasted into the third song before the lad's mum told us to stop and they brought the magician back on.

A rock 'n' roll dream shattered... :(
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After a gym lesson, getting a stiffy in the communal showers, oh the shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was it yours ? :)
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trayhop123 wrote: »
    mine was at the cinema , the film had just finished , credits were rolling and the mad sheep heard run for the exit began ,,,, i grabbed my girlfriends hand and made a beeline ,,,,, i felt some resistance but thought nothing of it

until outside in the light of the foyer ,,,,,, where i was holding some random blokes hand ,,,,, and everybody was watching

fortunately everybody was dying of laughter , so i didn't feel tooooooo bad

Howling with laughter! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fortunately the bloke saw the funny side too ,,,,,, i could have got a kicking lol
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accidentally called a work colleague's husband the name of another colleague's husband - on the phone - as in "Hi James, is Amanda there?". He said "This is Dave..." I tried to explain the muddle, putting it down to a cold, and forgot all about it.

A couple of weeks later it turned out that Amanda was having an affair with James. There was a war zone at work and everyone thought I must have known, including Dave, who considered my call "evidence" that he had not only been cheated on but was a laughing stock at our workplace.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Thought I was getting my travel card out and flashed my diaphragm at a bus driver
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrown up in my handbag at a job interview.