Options

Cat's Escaped

13»

Comments

• Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    kania wrote: »
    Have rang the chip company and made sure my details were up to date, what's the missing pet register?

I assume this is what they meant. I am not sure but did a google search.

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp-cats.php
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you've not had any good news OP - I have nothing to add other than you shouldn't give up hope. Fingers crossed that your puss is home soon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still thinking of you
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    maybe wrote: »
    I am in Hull. Which area are you in? I'm in HU5 and will keep an eye open for her if I'm anywhere near you.

Someone local started a facebook group for their missing cat and she was found in Pearson Park. Might be worth trying as it's a great way to let people know in the local area and spread the word.

Sorry I didn't see your post when I'd posted earlier. Silly me. I'm in the HU9 area, close to Drypool Bridge, City Centre. As you can imagine, there are heaps of businesses and plenty of residential streets too. I've gone around 3/4 but there's an area I've missed. My son's dad, who works 5 mins away says a girl at work says she's seen a cat resembling Willow when she parked her car up at work. Good news I'm hoping.

Also, I'm a sad sod who doesn't have many friends on facebook. I'm on it, but haven't really got into it so not sure that would do much good.
    cats_five wrote: »
    Sadly some people seem to be on a wind-up when cats are lost - I got several people who rang me simply to tell me about their cat they lost rather than help find mine.

I've had a couple of annoying phone calls. One from an elderly sounding woman who said she'd had a cat hanging around in a village 20 miles away since a few days after mine disappeared, then said the postman had seen this cat had been hanging around the village a few weeks. My ad states when mine went missing. I couldn't get a word in, she was talking when I was explaining and it was bloody annoying. 30 mins later she rings again, this time with her hubby on the phone saying 'it's your cat, if you're not bothered about it I'll send it to RSPCA.' It took all of my reserve to not go mad at the guy. Course I'm bothered about MY cat, but I don't think it was.

Then I had another woman from another village saying she'd seen my cat. I was arranging for my dad to go see it, as I was at work but couldn't get hold of him. When I rang her to tell her, she said she'd found the owner in the next street! Never thought to let me know.
    Maisey Moo wrote: »
    Hae you tried the chip company yet. Also try the missing pet register
    Have added Willow to the register. One thing I'm worrying about is the pic I have been using on ads and posters doesn't give a true look of how she is I think. She's darker on her back than on her face and underneath. Is this one better do you think? Just worried it'd look long and thin on posters compared to facial ones. I can lighten it up a bit if needed to. Here.

My neighbour thinks something has been trampling around his garden so is going to set a trap. Not sure that's a good idea, but if anything gets caught it's going to either be a fox, rat, or feral cat. Fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a beautiful cat and I do hope you find her soon.
    I've been lucky so far in that my 2 cats have never gone missing. One is a bit more a wanderer than the other and I panic like crazy if she's gone all day. I don't know how I'd cope if either one dissappeared.
    I hope you and Willow are reunited soon. My fingers are crossed for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is indeed a very beautiful girl.

Thinking of you OP! Hope you have some good news soon!
  • Options
    Katia_StormKatia_Storm Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in HU5 too and will keep a lookout.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No news I assume OP?

Crap - you must be going out of your mind!

Please perservere though, make sure you keep on the trail :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No news I assume OP?

Crap - you must be going out of your mind!

Please perservere though, make sure you keep on the trail :o

No, she's not come home. Gunna have to move all her things into the shed I think, they're just a reminder. Hate seeing the posters about too. It's still upsetting ( I nearly lost it with my bf when he asked if I wanted a cat... not realising he had actually said 'car' lol) but I'm just hoping she's found a nice family without a toddler to terrorise her. The other scenarios, I don't want to think about it. Ty everyone for all the help. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kania wrote: »
    No, she's not come home. Gunna have to move all her things into the shed I think, they're just a reminder. Hate seeing the posters about too. It's still upsetting ( I nearly lost it with my bf when he asked if I wanted a cat... not realising he had actually said 'car' lol) but I'm just hoping she's found a nice family without a toddler to terrorise her. The other scenarios, I don't want to think about it. Ty everyone for all the help. :(

another poster got their cat back this week after a month. There is nothing I can say because I know how I would feel in your shoes. "Chin up" seems silly but hey x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    another poster got their cat back this week after a month. There is nothing I can say because I know how I would feel in your shoes. "Chin up" seems silly but hey x

Wow, that's a good length of time, but gives me hope that I'll get her back. As someone said to me, no news is good news. Ty for letting me know, and no, it doesn't seem silly. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never give up hope kania. Did you contact both cats protections as there are 2 localy. Also go around the places you have phonned and try again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Someone will possibly take her in i hope . I took a stray cat in last year as it wandered through the garden .It was really nice looking but seemed to be lost and in need of a feed so i let it stay in the shed and a week later it moved in and is still here 10 months later. I did contact all the vets and stuff to see if it was someones and had it checked for a microchip .So all is not lost .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    My cat just came back after almost a month. I went through any and all avenues to get her back, including prayers and candle lighting. (According to a witchcraft blog, lighting a green candle near her bowl, letting it burn down and saying a prayer over it will encourage her return.)

Aside from that, I threw leaflets into as many doors as I could, alerted every vet in the area, called the waste commission to see had they picked up any dead cats matching her description and left food out for her every night. Something paid off, because she came back at last.

I didn't have her microchipped, and you do, so that's something in your favour. She's so distinctive that if she was found it's likely someone will take her to a vet and they'll check her for a chip. Just stay positive!
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just hoping that if anybody has puss they will have to take her to the vets! They always scan the puss so you may get lucky. I do hope you get good news soon though.

Oops just seen loads comment .:o