Options

Rylan desperate to be famous

Comments

• Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to be famous tbh, I applaud Rylan for making it happen.
  • Options
    MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I'd like to be famous tbh, I applaud Rylan for making it happen.

This.
  • Options
    Amnesia HazeAmnesia Haze Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    It's the keyboard warriors that scare me. You know, the ones that attack people they've never met in the most disparaging way possible behind an alias on an internet forum, possibly I speculate to make themselves feel better about their own miserable lives.

Rylan Clark is a lot of things, but the one that stands out for me is harmless. So what if he wants fame? If he earns it by making people laugh and entertaining them by doing what he does then I say good on him. I'd do the same if I could, beats working for a living. :)

I don't like these talentless desperados. They might entertain a saddo simpleton like yourself, but to me they are repulsive.

Can you tell me what his talents are? What does he do that's 'entertaining'?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Shame he had to take the spot of a genuine singer on X-Factor in his quest for fame. Does he even want to be a singer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Isnt that just like Speidi...I mean they even spread rumours about divorce just to get back into the limelight.....not forgetting also saying they have sex tapes. Now i would say these two are far more desperate than Rylan and they have absolutely no talent whatsoever.

I do think that Rylan will make it as he has charisma, I think he could give presenting a go tbh,cannot be any worse than Brian Dowling or in fact many of the rubbish presenters we have on our TV.:)
    I know nothing of Speidi before CBB and I doubt I'll hear of them again when they leave so have no care for them really. Obscurity is fine. Fame for fame's sake I can never view as good.

See post below regarding my thoughts on Rylan and where fame may legitimately lie for him. Bouncing from one reality TV show to another as "himself" is not a cause for celebration as far as I am concerned.
    From what I read he did well during his stint guest presenting some entertainments slot on a breakfast TV show after he left X Factor.

Maybe he should focus on where his actual talents are and build on those rather than focussing on what he wants them to be. I'd have a lot more respect for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like these talentless desperados. They might entertain a saddo simpleton like yourself, but to me they are repulsive.

This is out of order.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is out of order.

I don't normally do that sort of thing. You can see my admittedly short history of posts, but I got attacked first by being called a loser or something like that, so I retaliated.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like thesyourself, e talentless desperados. They might entertain a saddo simpleton like but to me they are repulsive.

Steady on there no need for that...attacking forum members are against the rules
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Yes he is and the public are falling for it again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Steady on there no need for that...attacking forum members are against the rules

Perhaps I could just write "I speculate....." And then I could attack any poster I want to also? No?
  • Options
    supergran0606supergran0606 Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be real here, he is a young boy who applied and went through on X factor, albeit he didn't win but he was extremely popular - why should he not want to get fame, the British public kept him in a lot time in X factor who he knows he is liked. He is no different from any other the others in there, Gillian left Eastenders ages ago so is trying to build her career again, Paula was a forgotten model again trying to rebuild her career to name but two - give him a break - he is not that unlikeable in any event, what harm has he really done
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    It's the keyboard warriors that scare me. You know, the ones that attack people they've never met in the most disparaging way possible behind an alias on an internet forum, possibly I speculate to make themselves feel better about their own miserable lives.

Rylan Clark is a lot of things, but the one that stands out for me is harmless. So what if he wants fame? If he earns it by making people laugh and entertaining them by doing what he does then I say good on him.

Yeah, I kinda agree with all this. And I'd say the same to those who make endless disparaging posts about Speidi. Frankly without Rylan and Speidi, this series would have been unwatchable.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he is and the public are falling for it again

What are we falling for? I like Rylan and I can see he wants to be famous, that he's a bit of a drama queen, that he wants to work on telly.

And I still like him, because he's said it all anyway and he's funny and likeable.

I don't see I've fallen for anything. If you don't like him, that's fine, but I would not consider him unlikeable just because of that.

The way he's gone about it seems fine enough for me.

Unlike Speidi, who appear to be so desperate that they'll say, do anything, including fake breaking up and then doing a 'renewal of vows' (puke smiley) to get attention.

Wanting fame and work in the media isn't enough to dislike anyone for me. Loads of people do, and I like many who have succeeded.

They have to be unpleasant as well, to make me dislike them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps I could just write "I speculate....." And then I could attack any poster I want to also? No?

No. No you couldn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Retti528 wrote: »
    Hes been on katie price show then xfactor now big brother he clearly loves being centre of attention and do anything to be on tv

Rylan desperate to be famous

aren't they all? :cool:
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan is constantly being criticised for being talentless, but I disagree. He has a talent with people - they seem to like him (face to face that is, not on here particularly). And they like him a lot.

There are plenty of presenting jobs on the telly which require little more than to interact with people, read the autocue and (in most cases) look good. What talent does Dowling have? Or Tess Daly? Vernon Kay?

I don't see any reason why Rylan shouldn't be given a chance - he ticks all the boxes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Rourke wrote: »
    No. No you couldn't.

Well is it now one rule for me and a different rule for another?

Or is it I speculate (see what I did there) that because he's defending Rylan, you're brown nosing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If your just on this forum to attack members you wont be here long enough to speculate anything ;)
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menk wrote: »
    Rylan is constantly being criticised for being talentless, but I disagree. He has a talent with people - they seem to like him (face to face that is, not on here particularly). And they like him a lot.

There are plenty of presenting jobs on the telly which require little more than to interact with people, read the autocue and (in most cases) look good. What talent does Dowling have? Or Tess Daly? Vernon Kay?

I don't see any reason why Rylan shouldn't be given a chance - he ticks all the boxes.

The captain 'alf a beard' look, ain't in this year........soz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well is it now one rule for me and a different rule for another?

Or is it I speculate (see what I did there) that because he's defending Rylan, you're brown nosing?

No, I think the rules are pretty clear - no personal attacks. I'm not sure who you think called you a loser but it certainly wasn't in this thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    of course he wants to be famous his been a reject on the xfactor a reject on katie's show and he is a fake on big brother can he actually so anything right except cry and be pathetic
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be real here, he is a young boy who applied and went through on X factor, albeit he didn't win but he was extremely popular - why should he not want to get fame, the British public kept him in a lot time in X factor who he knows he is liked. He is no different from any other the others in there, Gillian left Eastenders ages ago so is trying to build her career again, Paula was a forgotten model again trying to rebuild her career to name but two - give him a break - he is not that unlikeable in any event, what harm has he really done

He's not a young boy he's a man.

He wasn't extremely popular and the British public didn't keep him in, he was in the bottom two three times and was saved twice by the producers against better performers. He was the joke act just like Jedward and Wagner were. If Rylan was extremely popular then Chris Maloney must have been adored as he topped the vote for 70% of the series.

However according to the X-facto PR machine Rylan was loved and Chris was hated, I'm sorry but the voting says otherwise. The public once more have been taken for mugs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course he wants to be famous his been a reject on the xfactor a reject on katie's show and he is a fake on big brother can he actually so anything right except cry and be pathetic

Speidi according to spencer have been rejected by the whole of america and are unemployable but are you picking at them for being on there for fame and money ? no

aren't they all there for the fame and money? i think so :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The public seems to like him......not everyone likes the same thing
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Menk wrote: »

If he wants to be a presenter why doesn't he start volunteering at his local hospital radio or his local radio station. There are loads of presenters that have had to work their way up and work very hard, why should Rylan get instant fame?

Chris Evans is an incredibly rich and successful presenter but he started out as the tea boy at his local radio station and honed his craft over a number of years and that is the reason he's been in showbiz for over 2 decades.