Victoria Beckham Never Sing Again

Comments

• sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was never that bad cheryl cole is worse at least she knew she wasn't a great singer unless cheryl who has somehow released three albums if the story is true it's a shame.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

No real loss.....

There is one thing that confuses me, the spice girls are not really a fully functional group. They have all gone their separate ways so in reality they have in fact split up, SO why ask for a new band member to a band that has split up???

Okay they RE-UNITED for the Olympics but VB was nearly a no show, mainly because she wasn't that welcome. But that was just a reunion and nothing else....
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Victoria's unreleased album "Open Your Eyes" is fabulous.
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    In terms of solo career, Emma's material was the best IMO. The rest were largely forgettable.

I disagree with that Geri & Melanie C's first solo albums were both very strong records that alot of artists would kill to have their vocals on.

Both sold very well also.
  • sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    I'll never forget where I was when I heard the news......... it joins the day I heard about Diana's death as one of the all time shocking news moments.

Never to sing again.... its hard to even type the words really....so difficult to accept.

That's brilliant!
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    she was never that bad cheryl cole is worse at least she knew she wasn't a great singer unless cheryl who has somehow released three albums if the story is true it's a shame.

Geri released 3 albums, and couldn't sing to save her life.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria was never meant to be a singer lol but she has great fashion sense and is an excellent designer, so she has found her niche.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This exactly and she does it well.

and gets somebody else to do it for her and puts her name to it.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    Victoria was never meant to be a singer lol but she has great fashion sense and is an excellent designer, so she has found her niche.

designer my a*se - not in a million years - VB branding.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of comments about how the rest of the Spice Girls are sad,trying to drag out their fame, but I think that's a bit unfair. They had a very successful brand so why shouldn't they continue to capitalise on it? They obviously wanted to play the Queen's jubilee and could not contain their frustration. Westlife, Take That, they're all lost a singer and carried on, the SP should be allowed to do the same?

Equally, VB needs to stop using the SP brand to promote her goods because rocking up late and sulking just to get your clothes noticed is disrespectful to the rest of the girls. She obviously did some sor tof deal with the Olympics where by her name would be included in the British Fashion Icons section to a global audience in exchange for her appearance.

Let them go on as a 4 piece, do a Saturday Night show, recruit a new member, whatever. Whatever you think of their music, they have been held to ransom long enough and all parties need to be able to do what they want to now.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth would she need to be replaced in the Spice Girls? She was the weakest singer and never did any lead parts. If the others want to continue (looking well past it) that's their business but replacing her would be pointless.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Why on earth would she need to be replaced in the Spice Girls? She was the weakest singer and never did any lead parts. If the others want to continue (looking well past it) that's their business but replacing her would be pointless.

exactly..I don't understand this replacement announcement at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear Melanie C is the singer and has her own music label and makes good music she's big in Europe and gigs regularly and vb is doing clothes with her own label Emma does radio and mel b does TV and Geri well I'm not sure what she does
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Doesn't not signing again require you to have sung in the first place?
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    designer my a*se - not in a million years - VB branding.

I agree but some people on here seem to insist that she is one because her brand is successful - to me she's no more a 'designer' than she was a 'singer'.

She is clever in the way she's got a very talented team behind her, took advice from people in the fashion world - changed her image and rebranded herself and in the way she uses the media to ensure her brand is always visible - but I refuse to believe just because of the hype and her success that makes her a 'designer'.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee_w wrote: »
    Geri well I'm not sure what she does

S*d all apart from Tweeting pics of herself on the Tube with the plebs and being papped taking her daughter to school. ;)
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was so pointless in the spice girls. When Geri left it was huge, however if Posh left it would of not mattered.

The spice girls should go on as a 4sem, and posh can sit with her tacky fashion label.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the Spice Girls was just a vehicle for her, wasn't it? She fitted a prototype for a new type of girl band and singing wasn't the most important quality required at the time, so it seems! Some of the others did the 'carrying', vocally (still think that Mel C was the strongest). She seems to have done better as a celebrity wife/mum, fashion icon and clothes horse (think 'designer' is taking it a bit far), etc. so good luck to her. The pouting is so 'over', though. It's become a bit paradoxical.
  • RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could sing though that's the thing... much better singer than Cheryl Cole / Geri Halliwell.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, Victoria improved and was brilliant at the xmas gigs they did.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can she never sing again when she has never sung in the first place?

Designer? She is no more s designer than I am! Learning the trade takes years - she has a team working for her that does all the work of designing, pattern cutting, fabric selection, garment construction
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    The Spice Girls are foolish to carry on, their 2007 comeback went well, their Olympics comeback was even better (it was the 2nd most watched clip of entire Olympics, after Usain Bolt's 100m Gold Medal) and they could easily make more comebacks at big events in the future...but I don't think the public are interested in new music and a permanent comeback. It is the big old hits people want to hear.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »

I don't believe that she designs anything :p