Cricket writers on TV discussion thread

redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Started again this morning for its Summer run on sky sports

Any watches of this show then? Never seen it myself this week but will catch up with it later in the week.

Always thought you get a much better, wider range of discussion on this show then you do on the 'big clubs' only football equivalent

Comments

• fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started again this morning for its Summer run on sky sports

Any watches of this show then? Never seen it myself this week but will catch up with it later in the week.

Always thought you get a much better, wider range of discussion on this show then you do on the 'big clubs' only football equivalent
    I watched - its interesting though 90 mins is a bit longwinded.:rolleyes:
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it this morning too much Ashes, talk yes its important, but surely the Champions Trophy, is off most importance, which after today ive decided we probably wont win a match.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could be more interesting next week if we lose the third game with NZ and the first game in the Champions Trophy

The age old question as to why we are relatively useless at 50 over cricket...............but then I don't suppose they'll have any answers as no one else has for the last 30/40 years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Could be more interesting next week if we lose the third game with NZ and the first game in the Champions Trophy

The age old question as to why we are relatively useless at 50 over cricket...............but then I don't suppose they'll have any answers as no one else has for the last 30/40 years

We lost today because:
    • We didn't bowl well enough - this could be because Broad and Finn were absent.
    • Our openers keep failing. We need at least one of Cook and Bell to stay in for at least 15 overs.
    • The middle order threw their wickets away. Root in particular.

Jonathan Trott's innings was a gem, it will be overlooked as it was in a losing cause but it really was top class.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

Perhaps because we don't actually play ANY domestic 50 over cricket, and haven't done for many years?
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watch it this week?

Still to catch up with the podcast myself
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Sky sports 2 is getting relaunched end of the month as Sky sports Ashes

Will also be showing County games, FP games etc so its just basically Sky sports cricket for a few month. Hopefully this means we will also get to watch Cricket writers on TV when the football season starts instead of it being kicked off air to make way for Sunday supplement