Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people who start pointless threads on ds without even atempting to find the info themselves from google & the likes.

ds moderators who allow it, & dont delete the threads.
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »
    One Direction fans, specifically on Twitter.

I've been watching Brazil v England while reading hashtags about the game on Twitter. One of the 1D cocks tweets the profound 'come on England' which is then retweeted about a million times by tweenies who probably have no interest in football, clogging up the hashtag timeline.

on that note Bieber fans on twitter any trend with the name Justin is hijacked by them IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM PISS OFF
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My neighbours
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're (man) walking in the street and things "escape from your undergarments", and you dare not reach in to rectify the situation thru fear of being arrested for obscene behaviour.

Am also kinda miffed no-ones' brought out a microwave filled with enough gadgetry so it automatically stops cooking when the food is properly/fully cooked (gadgetry including a "stirring 1/2 through" device)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just now a hard headed women on bus coughing, every now and again.no hand to her mouth..I was staring at her and she looked so i looked away..Well i cant say anything , else she might snap at me lol
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    Adverts (or packets) that proudly say "100% pure fish fillet" knowing full well there's no cod in it but try to trick you there is. :rolleyes:

Yeah - Bird's Eye are sods for putting them in very similar packets just to hope you don't notice. Got caught like that myself once. Lord knows what's in the non-cod ones.
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you enter a take away shop ,and they have the menu on boards behind the counter......so you to go over to the counter and look over the staff, who then stare at you looking at the menu board whilst you are trying to read what they have and you have obvisously not decided yet what to chose, and as you are still trying to read the choices ...the assistant will ask "yes please",...... would I not look at them , when! I have decided. :mad:
    Why dont they have the choices on the other walls, then when you have decided you can go over to the counter and order and therfore not hold up any queue?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    Yeah - Bird's Eye are sods for putting them in very similar packets just to hope you don't notice. Got caught like that myself once. Lord knows what's in the non-cod ones.

Usually a load of old Pollock's
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Work colleagues who insist on coming into work with colds and other bugs.

My immune system feels like it is under constant bombardment.

That's mainly down to workplaces making you feel like a criminal for taking time off when ill. "Back to work" meetings etc. Some places even now want a doctor's note for 1 day off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gingerjack wrote: »
    When you enter a take away shop ,and they have the menu on boards behind the counter......so you to go over to the counter and look over the staff, who then stare at you looking at the menu board whilst you are trying to read what they have and you have obvisously not decided yet what to chose, and as you are still trying to read the choices ...the assistant will ask "yes please",...... would I not look at them , when! I have decided. :mad:
    Why dont they have the choices on the other walls, then when you have decided you can go over to the counter and order and therfore not hold up any queue?

i hate that..yes please :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Usually a load of old Pollock's

and probably that snook stuff they tried to get everyone to eat during the war.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    That's mainly down to workplaces making you feel like a criminal for taking time off when ill. "Back to work" meetings etc. Some places even now want a doctor's note for 1 day off.

My friend works for a place like that I swear down she could phone up and say she was on her way to hospital and they would say can the Ambulance just swing around so she can pop in and just do a bit of work first
  • Options
    suzielou1970suzielou1970 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    When you walk into a shop and there are signs everywhere saying 'Everything £5' and the assistant looks at you and says "everythings £5". Yes, actually I can read you know!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When you walk into a shop and there are signs everywhere saying 'Everything £5' and the assistant looks at you and says "everythings £5". Yes, actually I can read you know!!!!!!

then its 5p for carrier bag hahaha
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When going through a drive through and the car in front pauses for several minutes reading the menu boards. It's a stupid place to have the boards, but come on - if you're going through a drive through, know what you want in advance. You're picking out a McDonalds meal, not choosing the next Pope.

Also, people who quote a long screed on any forum simply to add 'Excellent post' or 'Good post', without adding any thoughts of their own. Firstly, what they really mean is 'You've said what I wanted to hear'; secondly - why not explain why that's what you wanted to hear?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the person at the checkout asks you if you'd like anything else. No thanks, I've done my shopping, got everything I want and am ready to pay, hence why I have come to the checkout. If I wanted anything else, I'd still be shopping.
  • Options
    nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    This is on Ebay (US) motors;
    When the large image has thumbnails of the other images to the right. The thumbnails start way above the top of the main image, then if there are many thumbnails they go way below the bottom of the main image. So to reach the top image I have to scroll up which means the bottom of the main image isn't visible, and to reach the bottom thumbnail I can't view the top of the main image. Why can't they arrange to have all the thumbnails within the height of the main image?
    And why don't they have somewhere to contact to report the issue? Grrr.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    When the person at the checkout asks you if you'd like anything else. No thanks, I've done my shopping, got everything I want and am ready to pay, hence why I have come to the checkout. If I wanted anything else, I'd still be shopping.

I've never heard this, and when I worked in Sainsburys during my first year at university, I can't recall ever asking anyone. It would seem odd. May I ask where you shop? I can imagine this being a supermarket 'brain wave' to 'encourage greater customer service' (a.k.a. to try and make conversation with customers and get them to buy something else).
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    When going through a drive through and the car in front pauses for several minutes reading the menu boards. It's a stupid place to have the boards, but come on - if you're going through a drive through, know what you want in advance. You're picking out a McDonalds meal, not choosing the next Pope.

Also, people who quote a long screed on any forum simply to add 'Excellent post' or 'Good post', without adding any thoughts of their own. Firstly, what they really mean is 'You've said what I wanted to hear'; secondly - why not explain why that's what you wanted to hear?
    must resist, must resist. :)
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »

I suppose that's if they keep cigarettes behind the counter
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who leave a mess on public transport - recently I was on a trans pennine express - luckily I had a single seat but the table seats to the front of me were occupied with three lady accounts types - they'd been visiting some branch office of their firm, were rather well dressed and spoken, and anyway sounded quite high powered and efficient, making calls on their mobile phones and the like. When it came time for them to leave the train one of them did actually say, 'shall we put this in a bag' referring to all the wrappers and cartons on their table ( had been munching away as they worked) but no they left all the mess. Like people in cars who are too cool/posh to signal they decided to leave the pile of litter to the cleaners. There was so much stuff on the table it spilled down onto the floor. As someone who puts litter in its proper place or takes it home I can't understand this.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard this, and when I worked in Sainsburys during my first year at university, I can't recall ever asking anyone. It would seem odd. May I ask where you shop? I can imagine this being a supermarket 'brain wave' to 'encourage greater customer service' (a.k.a. to try and make conversation with customers and get them to buy something else).

It's not at one particular shop, it's happened at multiple stores. Be it Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsburys, Marks and Spencer etc.
    I suppose that's if they keep cigarettes behind the counter

I get that if it's at a smaller store, or the customer service bit in the bigger stores where the cigarettes are, but not at the main checkouts when there aren't any cigarettes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member

I currently work in Sainsbury's and we are now told to ask 'is that everything?' at the end of each transaction. This is because a customer might have been unable to find something they wanted, and given up on it, but they can ask me to source it for them.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    someone wrote: »
    That's alright for you young pups who all speak the language of fast food, but for some of us peering over our glasses at the mysterious array of pictures of obscure combinations of chips, bits & bobs and stuff that may be any combination of meat chicken or some other unknown, it's a bit of mystery trying to decipher what amounts to a bite to eat and how much it might end up costing.

Young people who assume everyone gets Fast Food menus at a glance.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member

We got held up at a drive through the other week because the old lady in front of us didnt seem to understand the concept of the drive through! When she pulled up to the box you talk in, she let the younger ones in the back order for her, then at the first window she stopped her car, turned the engine off, got out and locked the door (still with passengers in) and walked over to the window to pay! Rummaged around in her bag until she found her purse then had to pay the right amount. She then got back in her car, seat belt on, engine on and drove about 6 foot to the collection window and then repeated the process again!

God knows why she had to turn off the engine and lock the car when she was stood right next to it! Or why she even had to get out of the car in the first place!
This discussion has been closed.