Options

CS: Sarah Harding was appalling!

camy934camy934 Posts: 1,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I mean we've all seen appalling acting on CS before now. However, she has to be up there with the worst. If this is the standard of ex pop stars in regards to acting, i'm dreading when Shayne Ward turns up.

Comments

• Options
    Marsh.Marsh. Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She couldn't even walk off down the street convincingly.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I have to agree, she was pretty bad.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was pretty dire wasn't she?

I hate saying that because it could have just nerves making her so stiff and unnatural but if she's trying to branch out into another career I hope there's a big improvement in the other episodes she features in otherwise she had better stick to what she does best ... whatever that is.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :o - I didn't even know it was her :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her face has completely transformed. :eek: Unrecognisable apart from her voice.

Shame, she was very pretty before all the surgery.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought she was OK, better than Barlow anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. But still better than some regular cast members
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    She really was truly awful. Shame, I had hoped she'd be good.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't mind her acting, but her strut off into the sunset was funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She reminded me of Kym Marsh tbh.

Neither seem very natural at all and over exaggerate every little thing.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she did well. Its quite telling that the negative comments are coming mostly from women sauces of milk for them.

Shayne will no doubt get targeted by those who want him to fail he could surprise a few people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All Of Me wrote: »
    Its quite telling that the negative comments are coming mostly from women sauces of milk for them.

Yes, the only negatives could come about because women are being unfair. :confused:
  • Options
    AuntieSoapAuntieSoap Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was fine. It's an obsession now on this forum to absolutely obliterate anything or anyone on Corrie.
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I'm not going to judge her on half an episode!! Let's at least give her a chance!! I found her more convincing than I find Andrea yet!!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to judge her on half an episode!! Let's at least give her a chance!! I found her more convincing than I find Andrea yet!!

I thought she was quite okay (and I didn't even recognise her from Girls Aloud).
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that who it was? She looks different.

It wasn't good tbh - she's lucky she was appearing in an episode choc-full of Michael/Gail/Eileen tosh to take the focus off her dire debut.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She won't be winning any acting awards but her brand of panto acting pretty much slots into what Corrie is these days.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Girls Aloud and Sarah Harding and I truly wanted this to work for her but I wouldn't give up the day job just yet Sarahluv.

The whole episode was absolutely dire, the point where Gail begged Michael for a hug in the bistro and once again turned into a simpering fool was bad enough but Miss Harding took the biscuit. She makes Kate Ford look oscar worthy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I agree, shockingly bad. I cant believe they didn't make her redo those scenes in the Cabin.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just another useless wannabe. Are there not enough young actors looking for work that we have to put up with second/third rate "pop" stars in Corrie?

Brings to mind another "singer" that came to attention via being on a reality singing show who now thinks she can act and cannot stop herself from airing her airhead views on everything from foxhunting to world affairs. Forget her name at the moment.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She was abysmal. Especially the Kabin scene.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I didn't mind her acting, but her strut off into the sunset was funny

My thoughts exactly, she couldn't even flounce convincingly. :D
  • Options
    MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief, she's only been in it five minutes. I'm reserving judgement, at least until I've seen her scenes with Tracey.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AuntieSoap wrote: »
    She was fine. It's an obsession now on this forum to absolutely obliterate anything or anyone on Corrie.

I have not watched this episode yet so I can't pass a remark...but I totally agree with your comment...If Corrie is so bad I'm surprised so many people still watch it and more surprisingly how it manages to remain the number one soap..
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    Just another useless wannabe. Are there not enough young actors looking for work that we have to put up with second/third rate "pop" stars in Corrie?

Brings to mind another "singer" that came to attention via being on a reality singing show who now thinks she can act and cannot stop herself from airing her airhead views on everything from foxhunting to world affairs. Forget her name at the moment.

They must look on in despair when they can't get a job but others who are famous as singers get the work handed to them on a plate.