Options

Any suggestions? Poo on seat!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
Forum Member
My friends wee boy had a bit of an accident in my friends car. He has had diarrhoea on her car seat. Shes scrubbed with flash, yet theres still a wee bit of a smell. What else can she do to get rid of smell?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spinkle on and rub in some bicarbonate of soda?

thats good for absorbing smells.

Has it possibly soaked into the seat? a steamer might get deeper into the fabric to clean it?
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fridge cleaner: one of those plastic ball-type things that collects rather than disguises aromas. Leave it in the footwell of the car for a couple of days. Not room freshener or superficial spray products.

Always works for those little scatalogical accidents....and good with vomit too btw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i love febreeze , especially the lavendar one, gets rid of all the nasty pongs my boys had made in the past , sick and wee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diva_1988 wrote: »
    My friends wee boy had a bit of an accident in my friends car. He has had diarrhoea on her car seat. Shes scrubbed with flash, yet theres still a wee bit of a smell. What else can she do to get rid of smell?

Buy a new car!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by wetting and washing with Flash + water, the "poo" will have gone through to the foam under the seat cover, you may never get rid of the smell completely
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, is it on the seat of her car, or on a child's carseat?

If it's on a carseat, just put the cover through the washing machine??
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may need to neutralise the enzymes that cause the smell. There is a product called Urine Off that we use for one of our old moggies who sometimes piddles on the furniture. Apparently it also works on vomit and faeces:

http://www.urine-off.co.uk/faq.html
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Febreze fabric washer stuff has been pretty good for me

It doesn't mask it, it tries to neutralise - and is for cleaning fabrics which can't be 'washed' in a washing machine
  • Options
    Ruby94Ruby94 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Scrub the seat with vinegar. The car will smell like a chippy till it dries, but it should take away the smell. It worked after my son's one and only travel sickness incident.
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to your local vet or pet shop and ask for a stain and odour remover. I get fab stuff that works wonders when my dogs have an accident, it should work on toddler poo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    start the car with the windows closed and interior fan running full blast , aircon on if you have it , empty a spray can of neutradol into the air intake for the car interior , it will work i g'tee you :D
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spinkle on and rub in some bicarbonate of soda?

thats good for absorbing smells.

Has it possibly soaked into the seat? a steamer might get deeper into the fabric to clean it?
    Ruby94 wrote: »
    Scrub the seat with vinegar. The car will smell like a chippy till it dries, but it should take away the smell. It worked after my son's one and only travel sickness incident.

The old methods are always the best ones. Those two items work a treat on most cleaning chores. Them and lemon make up many a cleaning solution for my house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    Go to your local vet or pet shop and ask for a stain and odour remover. I get fab stuff that works wonders when my dogs have an accident, it should work on toddler poo.

This ^^^^ You can usually get this sort of stuff in Home Bargains and pound shops, I have a huge purple can of it and it does work (my brother's little puppy peed on my sofa cushion once, so I keep it handy)

The other good thing to remove poo is bio washing powder, it breaks up the enzymes and grease in the poo.

But I do think scrubbing it may have forced it into the foam so you may be in for a long haul to get rid of the smell.

A friend once threw up out the window of another friend's car on a dual carriageway :eek: It blew back in and went down the window seal and into the door panel. Valeting company did what they could but the smell still lingered, in the end I blocked her car in with mine so nobody could pinch hers and left all the windows open all day for several days, it did disperse in the end :D