Options

Wayward Pines

wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone looking forward to this new series ?
I've read the books so am interested in seeing how this plays out for TV.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2618986/

http://youtu.be/oeVkJYf708c

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems ok. I still couldn't work out by the preview alone what is it mean to be and how it will pan out over several episodes. It's hardly a show i am dying to see but if a renewal is given, I'll be checking it out.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    ...if a renewal is given, I'll be checking it out.

It is a mini-series. There will be no question of renewal or cancellation.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's coming to Fox UK in January 2015.

No idea what it's about except i've heard they're trying to do a Twin Peaks with it.

EDIT: just discoverd the synopsis:
    A Secret Service agent goes to Wayward Pines, Idaho, in search of two federal agents who have gone missing in the bucolic town. He soon learns that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

It's executive produced by M Night Shymalan and he even directs one of the episodes.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    It is a mini-series. There will be no question of renewal or cancellation.

I'm glad about that as it's not something they could stretch out over lots of seasons, but I'm curious if they are covering all 3 books within this 10 part mini series....
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I love the look of this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been announced that it will premiere May 2015 in the US.

I wonder what this means for Fox UK? Could be delayed for them i reckon.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting almost a year for this show. I am glad it's finally airing. I feared it was being held back again for the 2015/16 season.

Glad it's a limited run. Therefore, the story should be concise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fox UK have confirmed a start date.

Wayward Pines will premiere globally in May 2015 in more than 125 countries on the day of Thur 14th May which is the day it starts on Fox UK at 9pm.

Stars Matt Dillon, Terrence Howard, Melissa Leo, Juliette Lewis, Carla Gugino and Toby Jones.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feels like I have been waiting forever for this.

Really enjoyed the first episode, I guess as it's a preview we can't discuss it yet?

It reminds me of a mash up of a few older shows :)
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched the first 20 minutes and turned it off, rubbish in my opinion.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    I'm glad about that as it's not something they could stretch out over lots of seasons, but I'm curious if they are covering all 3 books within this 10 part mini series....
    I'm wondering that as well, if they do, I'll watch. To those who have read the books and watched the first episode, without giving away spoilers, does it give any indication about the scope of the mini-series? If it's 10 eps for the fist book only, considering M Night Shymalan's lacklustre style and the lack of resolution (given that the narrative is ongoing in the subsequent books) I can see it being a bit of a drag. I'd only watch it knowing it covers all 3 books.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this just a rip of of the Prisoner? That is exactly what I thought at the end.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. I'm really looking forward to this. I've not seen anything about it prior to this thread
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the pilot and all I can say is WOW.

It's a mix of the truman show and the prisoner with a little bit of persons unknown thrown in.
    Can't wait for episode 2.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    i am so looking forward to watching this show. :)

9 pm tonight on fox...:o
    first episode is ' where paradise is home.'
    hope im not disappointed. be back later with my review ;-)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of M Night Shymalan but I'll give it a watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ep1 starts tonight on Fox UK at 9pm. I'm looking forward to this but i'm really annoyed with DS's articles on the show which have contained spoilers in their main text. I don't even have to read the article, the spoiler is right there in the headline for the article!
    Spoiler talking about a game changing twist! Something that will blow people's minds because the twist is so, so crazy. Whatever the f*ck that means. Why was it even necessary to mention a twist? Why not let viewers watch the show and discover the twist for themselves. It's just dumb revealing stuff like this.

Another thing i'm disliking is that it's very misleading to say Wayward Pines comes from M. Night Shyamalan. It doesn't! He directs the pilot episode which is on tonight and is one of the producers, but Chad Hodge is the creator and actual showrunner of the entire show and is the person who adapted the Blake Crouch trilogy of novels into this Wayward Pines tv show and written the episodes. They're using Shyamalan's name to promote the show but it's really got nothing to do with him.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what pace this thread is so will try not to say too much.

I'm mainly watching be cause Carla Gugugogino is in it. But I like the premise of the show and the ending of episode one.

It is advertised as an 'event' so I take it, it is just one season?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what pace this thread is so will try not to say too much.

I'm mainly watching be cause Carla Gugugogino is in it. But I like the premise of the show and the ending of episode one.

It is advertised as an 'event' so I take it, it is just one season?

I'm also going to give a try because of Carla Gugino, but i only recently realised her surname is pronounced Gu-jean-oh and not the literal way i'd been saying it .. doh!

But an "event" series does seem to suggest a single season.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good opening episode. It was like a cross between The Prisoner, The Truman Show and 1984. Don't really see the comparison to Twin Peaks. Melissa Leo is very good. Like Nurse Ratched on steroids.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried the first ep but methinks I've just had it up to here (hand raised above my head) with spooky town under the cover of some mysterious mystery, ooooooo (spooky ghost noises) so I feel no desire to watch the rest of the eps. If it had had a couple of my fav actors in it then maybe I'd given it a shot, but it didn't so I haven't.
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,819
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the first episode.

I wasn't sure if I'd bother as I don't like much that M Night Shymalan has done, and thought it was going to be one of those shows where unseen mystical forces wouldn't allow a person to leave Wayward Pines. However, when the story proved to be more interesting than that I was glad I decided to take a look.

I'll be following the story.
  • Options
    porkensteinporkenstein Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I missed it yesterday so i'm watching the repeat. I've read the books so it will be interesting to see how the series goes...
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode was OK. Not a new concept. Done competently enough.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I have just watched the first episode.
    it was dark and surreal but ok and seems intriguing. It felt like an old style TV series twilight zonish
    I think it's a show that you have to stick with and it will build as it goes.
    It seems like a time experiment of some sort in an enclosed area. It's beautiful scenery and the sort of place it would be nice to live for a while. :)