Options

Corrie. What characters do you miss?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blanche without a doubt. I also thought tony gordon was a good baddie in it but obv he couldnt of stayed.
    I liked jack and vera together but jack on his own didnt really have many lines at the end.
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blanche is the character I miss most. I wonder if there is an actress in her 60's that could provide comedy like Blanche. The only actress who i can think of that could be good in Corrie is Jan Francis, any other suggestions?
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blanche without a doubt.

Jack and Vera the only other two I can think of.
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Liam
    Blanche
    Raquel
    Karen
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bet, Derek, Mavis, Alf, Racquel, Des, Martin, Fiona

No disrespect to the late Maggie Jones but I think Blanche is VERY overrated and quite an unsympathetic one dimentional character. Somebody who just goes round being obnoxious for the sake of it doesn't make for very good viewing IMO. Came across as very contrived.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blanche...:p maggie jones was superb in that character

bet gilroy, jack and vera, a lot of the old cast..

am going to have to rent out some classic corrie on dvd!:p

richard hillman!
    fred elliott and ashley peacock
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Richard Hillman
    Jack Duckworth
    Blanche
    Todd
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blanche. Simply irreplaceable! :(
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blanche
    Liam
    Raquel
    Sharon (Rita's first foster daughter)
    Susie Burchill
    Annie Walker
    Hilda
    Elsie Tanner
    Eddie Yeats

The street could do with a few proper characters and now that Eddie Windass is leaving I don't feel there are as many characters with substance to them. Obcioulsy this is a writers issue rather than the actors involved.

I would love Sharon to come back to see Rita after the tramming and bump into Kevin as seem to recall there was some chemistry between them.

Or maybe Susie and Gail could meet up after visiting 'Friends Reunited' (good product placement op) and then Gail could have an actual friend to talk to rather than relying on her mother!
  • Options
    PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blanche, which goes without saying. Karen Macdonald and Des Barnes who was my teenage crush!!! lol
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PlasticGob wrote: »
    Blanche, which goes without saying. Karen Macdonald and Des Barnes who was my teenage crush!!! lol

My teenage crush was Terry Duckworth!!! (before he turned bad!) :D:D
  • Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are

Blanche Hunt
    Linda Baldwin
    Danny Hargreaves
  • Options
    brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    No disrespect to the late Maggie Jones but I think Blanche is VERY overrated and quite an unsympathetic one dimentional character. Somebody who just goes round being obnoxious for the sake of it doesn't make for very good viewing IMO. Came across as very contrived.

Seconded.
  • Options
    BohochicBohochic Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Fred
    Derek and Mavis
    Oggies
    Thingy Baldwin ( Bradley Walsh, sorry can't remember his name, but I loved him)
    Ena and Minnie
    Annie W.
    Eddie the binman.
    Raquel
    Curly
    Karen and there are more.......
  • Options
    Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blanche Hunt
    Alec Gilroy
    Mel Hutchwright
    Charlie Stubbs
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Blanche
    Danny Baldwin
    Charlie Stubbs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    The one and only Teresa Bryant. As much as I love Corrie it still feels somewhat empty without her. I miss her so much.:cry: In my 12 or so years of watching Corrie she has been my absolute favourite character.

Maya Sharma but would be worried if she came back it would be for a week or so just to finish her off. She's like one of the only mega villains not to be killed off. :D

Minnie Chandra and Poppy Morales - promising characters totally wasted.

Fred Elliott - total legend, miss him a lot! Sad to think he will never return.

Bev Unwin - thought she fit into the street very well, didn't like the way she left.

Charlie Stubbs - truly brilliant villain and amazing eye candy. The pairing of him with Tracey was a masterstroke. Seeing him on Corries 50 best moments made me remember just what a strong character he was.

Derek Wilton
    Mavis Wilton
    Reg Holdsworth
    Maureen Webster
    Maud Grimes
    Phyllis Pearce
    Shelly Unwin
    Sarah Louise Platt
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheButler wrote: »
    Although only minor and really a recurring character, I quite miss Gail's dad Ted. Really brought some balance to the chaos of the Platt family (i.e. David seemed to respect him), and was a shame he disappeared right before a storyline he really should've been involved in (Joe's death/Gail's trial)
    Blanche (obviously)
    Fred Elliot
    Jack and Vera (listed them as a couple, for sadly, Jack didn't seem to work quite as well without Vera)
    Danny Baldwin
    Les Battersby

Yes he was a great character - why did he leave? Did he die in real life?
    And of course another vote for Blanche, loved her one liners, the scene in Peter's Alcoholics Anonymous meeting was an absolute classic:D
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Percy Sugden
    Phyllis
    Raquel
    Fred Elliot
    Reg Holdsworth
    Vern
    Blanche Hunt
    Eddie Yates
    Jez Quiggley
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Doll Feet wrote: »
    Vern

Oh dear forgot Vernon Tomlin. I loved him, wonderful comedy character that was axed way before his time.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I miss Todd. I really wish they'd bring him back and represent gay men better instead of the crap we get from Cotton. Karl coming back too would be a bonus :o
    It goes without saying that I miss Blanche. 2nd December last year was a truly sad day for Corrie fans. I'll never forget her saying,
    "Skirt no bigger than a belt, too much eyeliner, and roots as dark as her soul..." about Liz :D
    I miss Shelley behind the bar. I always thought she was a really believable barmaid, and I remember fondly her episodes with Peter Kay!
    I also miss Toyah. She was a really strong, feisty character and Georgia Taylor is a brill actress.
    And Fred Elliot - his booming voice, his little foibles...like ordering a Scotch and Threat, calling Toyah "Tannoy", and the catchphrase :D
    And Phyllis Pearce. I simply loved how frisky she was around Percy! Them were the days...
  • Options
    mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    Yes he was a great character - why did he leave? Did he die in real life?

I don't think he died.. I'm pretty sure I saw him in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    simply Blanche