✭✭
    Some people are so horrible on here. :(
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Nick Grimshaw - cock !

I had to turn off !

p.s. Why doesnt Alan mention that Grimshaw has lost half a million viewers on his radio show, according to the latest figures. It would appear the general public are FINALLY waking up to the fact that he is an idiot !

Unfortunately the half a million lost listerners fall into the over 25 age bracket (god knows how they know that?!?!) and since that was the whole point of hiring him was to lose the 'old' listeners the half a million loss is being classed as a success!! It's ridiculous. R1 are really going down the pan with their totally agist policies!

Last nights show was pretty bad to be honest - not even Kylie impressed me. The truth is, the best thing about Chatty Man is Alan himself. The guests almost always leave me unimpressed - Paloma Faith aside :D
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    puppylove7 wrote: »
    It's not his fault if his closest friends are celebrities.... Have you actually listened to his shows? He has people on who he doesn't know. The guests aren't chosen by him anyway. He is not hyped to death. He has one show, like everyone else, eg Greg James. I think he is quite funny. He recently did that cycle for Sport Relief which was very impressive!

I have listened to his show. He bangs on about Harry,Rita, Lily, Hiam repeatedly- all his showbiz pals.
    He IS overhyped. He's appeared on CIN, SportsRelief, has his own panel show (commissioned despite small audience- s'funny that) and numerous other things.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    I have listened to his show. He bangs on about Harry,Rita, Lily, Hiam repeatedly- all his showbiz pals.
    He IS overhyped. He's appeared on CIN, SportsRelief, has his own panel show (commissioned despite small audience- s'funny that) and numerous other things.

I still don't get the hate for him. I'm sure there are several people who talk about having celebrity friends and appear on many shows....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary Portass seems like a bit of a ********
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how he keeps bringing Solange into the gags .
  • Options
    Hairy_CaramelHairy_Caramel Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    This is brilliant!
  • Options
    LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one Alan that John Cleese really deserved that !!!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very awkward.
  • Options
    magnificentmagnificent Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh John Cleese is being an utter a*rse. Alan should have dashed all the drink on him!
  • Options
    AngelDollAngelDoll Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    John Cleese. What an arse!!
  • Options
    tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Cleese was brilliant there it was all in good humour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gosh John Cleese is being an utter a*rse. Alan should have dashed all the drink on him!

Oh, please. It was good fun, they both clearly had a laugh. Why must people like you insist there's something more sinister in their intentions.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was that all improv or pre planned I just caught the last bit when Allan was pouring the drink over john
  • Options
    jobbie8jobbie8 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was at the show Alan mentioned, when the woman asked "Why are you such a dick" it really threw him and he ended the show there and then. Then some audience members started fighting the woman heckler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people like you

Umm have we met?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Certainly not. I don't think I could bare one minute in the presence of such a miserable humourless stick-in-the-mud.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't planned. It got a bit awkward in the middle when Alan didn't know how to react and was just awkwardly giggling.

And then at the end it looked as though Cleese cracked a smile to reassure him it was all in good fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly not. I don't think I could bare one minute in the presence of such a miserable humourless stick-in-the-mud.

@everyone: megalols at this one. What a specimen:p.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    This is very awkward.

John Cleese didn't look or sound like his usual self. Long before the drinks started flowing I was becoming uneasy about him. I know he is very extrovert etc but this seemed well OTT. Anyone else think the same?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @everyone: megalols at this one. What a specimen:p.

Why are you talking to the crowd? Are you in desperate need of some sort of support?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    John Cleese didn't look or sound like his usual self. Long before the drinks started flowing I was becoming uneasy about him. I know he is very extrovert etc but this seemed well OTT. Anyone else think the same?

Exactly.

What was that hitler joke he tried to tell? Alan was like oh sh*t where's this going!
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    tco200 wrote: »
    John Cleese was brilliant there it was all in good humour

Of course it was.

John picks his TV appearances carefully and doesn't need to upstage but does love to surprise.
  • Options
    rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I would say John made a complete arse of himself there, well done to Alan for getting him back.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When John Cleese started throwing his drink on Alan, I didn't get it.
    I just kept thinking "WTF ?"
    Personally, I think John Cleese is hugely over-rated. Okay he was in Monty Python (the most over-rated and unfunny bunch of posh twits ever) and he did Fawlty Towers. Also over-rated.
    Stands by for the Python maniacs comments !