Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if I see that arseholes name or face again I shall scream:eek: What exactly is he gaining from releasing all these documents? It only causes trouble. We dont need to know about them. Some things are kept secret for good reason. We dont have a right to know everything.
  • fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    I think if I see that arseholes name or face again I shall scream:eek: What exactly is he gaining from releasing all these documents? It only causes trouble. We dont need to know about them. Some things are kept secret for good reason. We dont have a right to know everything.

Finally someone I can agree with!
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Missed opportunity to shoot the traitor.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Don't really have much of a strong opinion either way, but the calls to execute him seem a bit much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Launch Fan wrote: »

Shoot? Overreaction much? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fleet wrote: »
    Finally someone I can agree with!

And me.Nearly 10 mins worth of him on ITV Anglia news this evening.:mad::mad:
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Traitor? What has he done that is anti-Australian?

It is extremely odd that people seem to be conducting a sort of hate campaign against him and ignoring the person who leaked the documents. Do we detect a smokescreen?
  • spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is called the Barbara Streisand effect http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/20/brain-food-internet-censorship-barbra-streisand

Well put up a sign that says "Wet Paint" a lot will touch it to see if it is dry yet.

I am glad he is out, as he should be, the fact he was locked up in the first place just makes all his leaks seem to have more truth behind them and the gossip seems more true?

Well we all know it is.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, how dare he keep more globally important things like what Katie Price had for lunch out of the headlines :cry:
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the releases on wiki leaks, Assange comes across as insufferably pompous and self righteous.
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    Shoot? Overreaction much? :rolleyes:

Maybe, but he's put the lives of our brave soliders and public emergancy support networks (such as publishing the locations of vaccine facilities, which are a major terrorist target) at risk all for the sake of his weird ego and aim to make millions out of media deals.

He's out of control and a traitor.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite right. Some things need to be secret. If our entire life was known by the whole world we wouldn't have a job, any friends and no family life.

What is ironic is that he had been demanding that his location while out on bail was to be kept secret! If openness is good enough for anyone it's good enough for him.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the rape allegations is ridiculous though. If it stood then anyone who has ever had sex without a condom would be a rapist.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the releases on wiki leaks, Assange comes across as insufferably pompous and self righteous.

Doesn't he just, to the point where I have to turn over the TV when his mug comes onscreen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, but he's put the lives of our brave soliders and public emergancy support networks (such as publishing the locations of vaccine facilities, which are a major terrorist target) at risk all for the sake of his weird ego and aim to make millions out of media deals.

Well it seems there was no need for a war anyway?

So who made the brave soldiers go over there in the first place, because of fibs and 'A power trip'

We learn from history, perhaps those in power will be more truthful in the future, because they can't get away with it anymore?

Why shoot the messenger?

Must admit he looks older than 39, I thought he was about 50. It must be all the birds he seems to cop off with.:eek:
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoty wrote: »
    Must admit he looks older than 39, I thought he was about 50. It must be all the birds he seems to cop off with.:eek:

I think its because the last few weeks/ months + being in prison + rape allegations + death threats etc. are very stressful?
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you even know the definition of the word 'traitor'? I don't think you do, as if you did you wouldn't have posted that tripe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its because the last few weeks/ months + being in prison + rape allegations + death threats etc. are very stressful?

Not for the innocent, but if other people are so corrupt I would be having kittens to.:p So you might have a point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    It's apparently an attempt to encourage governments to become more repressive, which will then wake the public up. Or something like that. He seems to want transparency, but not on a superficial level. I got all that from watching the news, so could be wrong.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Apparently exact locations are not given, in fact someone has suggested that terrorists already had a vague idea about various locations before any of this stuff was published. And terrorists didn't need Wiki-wotsit to do what they did on 9/11 in the US and 7/7 in the UK.

For me, muslim extremists living in the UK are the biggest traitors of all, biting the hand that feeds them. They've left their countries of origin partly because of the violence religious extremism causes and yet they want to continue that same religious extremism over here. :rolleyes:
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Idiot.
  • RandyRandy Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »
    Idiot.

Careful, I got banned for 3 days last week for calling an Idiot an Idiot.. :rolleyes:
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The people who really put them (and us) at risk are the politicians and their supporters who get them involved in illegal wars.

The people who should really be on trial are Bush and Blair - being a war criminal is much worse than being a whistle blower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

I agree, how dare he!

Why should we know that the Vice President of Afganistan was found in the UAE with $52m on him, trying to deposit it into his personal bank account (my God, imagine how much Karzai must be funnelling then!)? How dare he tell us how our taxes in funding this war are being used in this manner! We don't need to know this and need only have our heads buried in the sand and nothing else, stupid Mr Assange!

And what good does it tell us that Hilary Clinton told diplomats to violate international law, and what the consequences of that will be in for future matters being transacted at the UN?

Go away Mr Assange! We don't want to know these things!

Please excuse me, I'm going to go and 'educate' myself by reading the official Government line published uncritically in the vast majority of our press.