Continuum - Canadian Pace

167891012»

Comments

• lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    There's a FanExpo on between 23-26 where the new series is expected to be announced.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Whether he is a local nut who picked up some info on the blast or is really from the future, but went insane in the asylum, is interesting, but I doubt we'll ever find out:(

He knew too much about 2077 and not just the explosion to be just a random 2012 nutjob who stumbled across the plans for the explosion.

He could still be a native of 2012 but if so he was given all the Info he knew by someone from 2077, presumably the mysterious Mr Escher.

So who is Escher? A totally new character? Keira's husband who also has time travelled or maybe a time travelling Old Alec who has had to travell back to make sure his plan (whatever it is) actually gets to work out?
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    He knew too much about 2077 and not just the explosion to be just a random 2012 nutjob who stumbled across the plans for the explosion.

He could still be a native of 2012 but if so he was given all the Info he knew by someone from 2077, presumably the mysterious Mr Escher.

So who is Escher? A totally new character? Keira's husband who also has time travelled or maybe a time travelling Old Alec who has had to travell back to make sure his plan (whatever it is) actually gets to work out?

I strongly believe it's Keira's husband.He showed signs of suspicious behaviour in 2077 regarding Keira's work and appeared aware of the impending time jump too. If not then maybe some sort of paradox and Mr. Esher is someone's child.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I strongly believe it's Keira's husband.He showed signs of suspicious behaviour in 2077 regarding Keira's work and appeared aware of the impending time jump too. If not then maybe some sort of paradox and Mr. Esher is someone's child.

Yes we have been given strong hints all along that Keira's hubby is involved with Old Alec and is party to Keira's time slip.

As for Mr. Escher - I guess he's being introduced for next series, though I'd agree he could well be a paradox - the name alone suggests it given the work of another Escher ;)
  • racefreakracefreak Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dadioflex wrote: »
    So... everyone on board for a season 2?

To be honest I think I'll skip it. Show ran out of steam towards the end for me.

The 2 last episodes were the most interesting. At least they had no boring procedural crime case they needed to solve. I hope season 2 completely focuses on the main story line. 10 episodes are too little episodes to spend most of them on separate crimes.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I'm definitely in for the next season, despite being rather confused by the finale. I also wasn't too happy with the cliffhanger they ended on - it was too much of a tease.......

Liber8 kinda faded over the course of the series IMO. We hardly know anything about them, and towards the end they were barely even in it.

Still interesting to have Sonya kill Travis (had to look their names up). So now there are only 3 of the original members left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Still interesting to have Sonya kill Travis (had to look their names up). So now there are only 3 of the original members left.

4/5 original members left

Kellog
    Sonya
    Lucas
    Jasmine
    Travis (if not killed by Sonya)
  • lloydsimcolloydsimco Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Just seen a trailer on SyFy showing Keira stood on a beach in the future holding the time travel orb thingy - don't remember seeing that in the show though??
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    lloydsimco wrote: »
    Just seen a trailer on SyFy showing Keira stood on a beach in the future holding the time travel orb thingy - don't remember seeing that in the show though??

That was just filmed for a promo that aired on Showcase in Canada before the series premiered. They also did one with Travis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmY6hdb7ZyY
  • Johna456Johna456 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Just read they have renewed it for a 2nd season

http://seriable.com/continuum-renewed-season-2/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I liked the first season. Its exceptional one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to watching this. Had accumulated episodes during the Canadian broadcasts and had them on my HD unwatched until yesterday. Turns out I sat down to watch a couple and ended up having a complete season marathon watch of all 10 episodes...loved it!

I really like Continuum. Unlike the latest US SF shows (Flashforward, The Event, Revolution), Continuum doesn't go out of its way to become the next big SF show, and in avoiding this, really focuses on realising the full potential of this interesting little show.

Just watched the first ten episodes, and although there is room for imrpovement, the series has managed to introduce a number of arc stories and interesting ideas, without becoming messy or confusing the audience.

It also presents a group of terrorists Liber8, who despite coming across as the baddies, do hold some truth in their arguyments, so much, that it seems that even Keira has doubts in her original mission as a Protector, and also, it seems she was sent back in time with a purpose.

I also believe that her husband was involved in sending her back - remember he was the one who actually prompted her to join the Protectors! Interesting to see the Alec 2077 - Alec 2012 story too! Also, there actually might be others from 2077 in 2012!

Loved this from start to finish. There MUST be more to the guy pretending to be from 2077 who appeared to be a nutter who made a time travel machine out of junk!

I also liked that for the in-betweene pisodes, Keira was denied her suit and its tech, forcing her to rely more on 2012 methods. Howver, I think next season we will be seeing more of the suit and possibly a 2.0 version of it as Alec works on improvements to it.

Looking forward to season 2 which seems to have gotten a 13 episode committment. Will this be back in Spring 2013??? At least primeval: New World will be on air later this month. I actually quite enjoy Canadian SF - wish we got more of it!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I'm not so convinced that Kiera's husband knew about the plan to send her back in time. When at the execution and he noticed she was in the room with the criminals he seemed genuinely concerned and tried to get her out.

He might have known about the plans for time travel (otherwise he'd have had no reason to worry about Kiera being inside the room at the time) but I don't believe he was aware of her participation.

Anyway, I've managed to watch all ten episodes in three days, think it's safe to say I'm hooked and looking forward to season two. Will be interesting to eventually find out if time is fluent or whether it can be changed (Kellogs grandmother was killed, yet he lives, so was it really his grandmother and if so, what does that mean for the future him)? It's more likely simpler in the sense that if you go back to the past you exist in the past so whatever happens there in regard to your relatives doesn't make a difference to the future for you don't exist there anymore... timetravel is complicated at the best of times.

Hopefully they'll address the reason why Kiera was sent back straight away, rather than drag it out for an entire second season. I can also sympathise with the liber8 agenda, though I wouldn't agree with how they're going about it. Their cause is fair though, seeing as we all are puppets to our governments.

Edit: The Nut Job ~ he seemed to remember Kiera, and he had knowledge of 2077. Chances are he is from the future but went a little crazy when in that asylum. Makes you wonder though, if he came through, who else did? There were at least 8 Protectors in the room with the criminals. Where they at?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    There was supposed to be an execution. Greg looked horrified when he sawKiera in there. Don't yet know why Sadler sent them all back. Don't really know why Kagame showed up late or why one of their number didn't make it through. Nor do we know why they thought they were going back to 2071.

If you're from 2077 and start telling people about things that will happen, It's probably best to be thought of as crazy. If the corporates do have their own people back there, you wouldn't want to tip your hand.

Cetrtainly from the way the older Sadler is acting, this isn't the first time he's sent Kiera back.

The original Dr Escher was a Dutch Scientist who brought different patterns together to see what they would produce. That what fit my hypothesis that he's been manipulating time -trying to change is original 2077 into something much better for the human race.

I don't believe the man saying he's Matthew Kellog is really Kellog. Why would Kellog have government satellite codes? They're the one thing the governments wouldn't have given the corporations. Whilst Kellog appears out for himself he has almost day to day knowledge of market operations. He may be memory trained -but it's more likely that he's an eidetic.

Kiera pretends to be a Portland cop with knowledge of street gangs. Will liber8 really build that way or was she just fibbing. She's said she is with Section 6, but she's never said which country that's with. Where did Alec get the information from to create her id?

Another unanswered question for me is why weren't all the members of the Corporate Congress killed in the explosion?
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    It has been one of the worst kept secrets in TV circles in recent memory, but Syfy has now formally announced that they have acquired the exclusive US broadcast rights to both seasons (23 episodes) of the Canadian sci-fi series Continuum from international distributor GK-tv.

Great, so now the show will change like Lost Girl did :(