The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I liked this episode a bit more than the previous ones. Still not keen on Floss.
    Laughed at how Harry's foster dad didn't even pretend that he was gonna spend Harry's allowance money on Harry.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode was a bit better than last week's episode.

I thought that it was unfair that Tyler got the whole blame for the staged robbery. I felt that he really should have confessed and told Mike that Ryan was involved too. He was more of an influence and convicned Tyler to go through with the fake robbery. It seems like Ryan has gotten away with a lot of stunts. He's very sneaky. I'm hoping he eventually gets his comeuppance someday in the future now that some of the residents are slowly starting to see his true colours.

Yeah, Harry's foster dad is definitely dodgy. No doubt there especially after seeing the synopsis for a future episode. He just took Harry's alowance money without question. Lol. For sure, I have a bad feeling about this. There's definitely more to come from this soon.

Floss cutting Jeff's head off reminded me of when Elektra cut Jeff's head off in Series 2 of TBR. Also, when did Harry get another Jeff? I originally thought Harry grew out of him but maybe not. That's the second time Floss has briefly run away. The water fights are fun and somewhat nostalgic ( of TSOTB).

Sneak Peek for Episode 7
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I'm really intrigued by the Harry plot (especially since the foster dad did nothing to stop looking suspicious lmao). I wonder how far they'll take it - obviously they can't show extreme abuse but will they go down that route or just the family using the kids for the fostering money and neglecting them. I am a bit '?' as to when Ryan became Harry's best mate/the first person Harry would call when he's in trouble but I'm guessing the episode will divulge that information.

I'm still laughing about the fact nobody seems to have gathered that Ryan's a little shit. Also that his previous care home sent notes about him and Mike doesn't seem to have followed up on his case files after Ryan broke the pc/sent them to trash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for today's episode.
    Forum Member
    I quite liked todays episode. One thing that puzzled me was that the kids were super impressed by the science experiments. We did those experiments back in year 7 - don't these DG kids go to school? Lol.
    Couldn't stand that snooty businesswoman, reminds me of someone I used to work for ugh.
    I liked the references to The Shining. And Mo with his tin foil hats bless him.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was the science bloke a genuine celebrity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's episode was pretty decent, I quite liked it too. Carmen actually suits glasses very well. Good advice from Kazima. It's nice to know a bit more about the Billie and Toni. Their attempts to convince everyone about them being telepathic was quite amusing as were The Shining references. Funny how Mo, Tyler and Bailey all fell for it. The fact that twins weren't allowed to talk in their previous care home explains why they appear to be quiet and reserved. They are so adorable though and are fitting in well.

The science experiment was fun and Carmen did the right thing apologising to Tee, Kazima and Jody. I also didn't like the business woman either, too arrogant and conceited.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Was the science bloke a genuine celebrity?

Yes, he is

Just did a quick research. He has a career in acting, film directing and televesion presenting.

Here's a sneak peek for Episode 8!

There's a break in through The Dumping Ground so Tee and Kazima investigate...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Synopsis for Episode 10

This is one of the episodes that most of us have been anticipating/looking forward to. The appearance of Keith! Granted, even the upcoming two episodes have potential to provide good drama but we shall see how it fairs out.
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    So far this series has been much better than the second.

Would've been nice to see Rick's exit.
  • emma888emma888 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think episode 7 was very good. Not much really happened, and I don't like Carmen as much as I did in the earlier series. Her personality has completely changed now, and she's just annoying. It was good to find out more about the twins, though. My favourite episode so far has been episode 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an excellent episode! One of the strongest of the series so far.

Will go into more detail later.

Right now, here's a sneak peek for Episode 9
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Next weeks episode looks really good. Guessing Mike will forgive Ryan for looking at the files when he finds out he was helping Harry and it's just for added conflict
    Forum Member
    Yesterday's episode was good, SPOILERS below
    Felt bad for Tee when her photos got torn up.
    It reminded me a bit of Home Alone when they started to defend themselves/the house.
    What I learnt from the episode: Tee hates mimes lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Episode 8.

Excellent episode. It had a great amount of suspense and drama. Both Tee and Kazima really shined for me in this episode. It had a good build up and it ended up really paying off as a whole. I felt sorry for Toni at the beginning and it was very sweet of Tee to give up her ticket for her to have. I also agree about this episode having a very strong "Home Alone" vibe. It instantly reminded me of when Kevin had to use defense to protect himself in the house against two thieves (ala Tee and Kazima having to protect themselves in the Dumping Ground against Maz and Max).

I thought it was quite tense for mainly the parts where Tee and Kazima had to constantly move and hide through rooms to avoid getting caught by the two burgulars. I also really liked how we learnt a bit more about the characters thmselves and how the break in started to link up and remind them of elements and events that occured in their past. We learnt that this wasn't the first time that Kazima has experienced a burgulary situation before. She hid in a house once back home while her dad and brother had to confront the men breaking into their home but there was nothing they could do to prevent them from going away. The fact that she's scared of heights is something we've learnt too. She has quickly become one of my favourite characters along with Tee who has always been a lovely character that I adore.

As for Tee, we as an audience obviously know that her and Johnny were abused by their stepfather Keith as there have been several mentions and hints throughout the years. But I really felt for her when she emotionally opened up to Kazima about her past. As a young child, she had to hide from Keith a lot when alone in the house which felt like a hide and seek/cat and mouse game only that there was an intense desperation from her hoping not to be found in order to prevent the worst from happening. It also affected her later on as she wouldn't play the game "Hide and Seek". Maz going through Tee's things and ripping her picture also reminded Tee of Keith going through her stuff and doing similar things. That was quite emotional and sad, I felt really sorry for her. :(

I love when Kazima encouraged Tee to fight back and prove that she wasn't a pushover to the burgalars. I think seeing her photos on the floor even fueled and motivated Tee to go through with the plan. The marble trick was predictably funny and the tape recording trick/luring Max and locking him in the room was pretty clever. The final part of the plan involving trapping Maz was hugely satisfying to watch with Kazima wrapping her with a rope and net and firing her with a water gun, concluding with both Kazima and Tee wrapping the net/tape around her ultimately trapping her. That was perfect! Then they finally got arrested in the aftermath. Very well deserved! :D

The ending with everyone having to go back to the day centre to watch the mime act was absolutely hilarious. They all undoubtedly hated it! The displeasure of having to return on Tee and Kazima's faces said it all! Hahaha!:D

Overall, a cracking episode that has divided and conquered with great quality. I look forward to next week's episode which also looks good by the reveal of the sneak peek.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Friday's episode pretty good, but since there were only two main characters, I could imagine it might not have appealed to everyone. I was watching it with my seven-year-old cousin, and I got the feeling she'd have preferred it if Toni had been in more, as she liked the beginning best. Toni and Billie don't really have separate identities so far, and I know that's done quite a lot with twins on TV, but it would be nice if they had more of their own personalities. I did think the episode worked quite well, though it's the first time there's been an episode with only two characters (except for the beginning and end). I thought it was a bit too similar to Home Alone, but that's probably just because I've never liked the film. I think the main reason the episode worked is because Tee is such a popular character. She didn't appear much in series 2, which was a shame, so I'm glad she's in this series more. I'm not sure about Kazima yet, she seems to be a good character, but some of her lines in this episode were really annoying, and the fact that the person who plays her isn't a very good actress doesn't help. She's got an interesting personality though, and I'd like to find out more about her past. Anyway, I think it was a fairly good episode, and definitely better than the previous one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mia and Akuc are really great actresses and they did a cracking job on Friday. I think the entire cast are all good actors in general.

My favourite episodes so far are Episode 1, 2 and 8.

I've had a look and I see no further synopsises for future episodes. Safe to say that it's almost a wrap for the first half of Series 3 after the next two upcoming episodes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for today's episode! Hope it's good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a great episode! I wonder what's going to happen between Ryan and Tee. This was definitely one of the best episodes so far, and I take back what I said about Kazima not being a good actor, she was great in this episode, and it was good to find out more about her past. I wonder why she told Tyler of all people, though. I'm glad Harry came back, and he finally had a good storyline. He hasn't had much to do in the series before. I've also just watched the sneak peek for the next episode, and it looks really exciting too. I've been waiting six years to see Johnny and Tee's stepdad.
    This series has been really good so far, and it sounds like there's loads more storylines for Tee to come, which is good as she's my favourite character. I can't believe we have to wait till Autumn for the next half of the series, though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great episode. I defintiely agree with you about it being one of the best of this series so far. You could really see and somewhat feel the sense the hostility and negligence in Harry's foster home. I definitely felt for Harry and the new kid but it's great to see Harry at the centre of a new storyline as it has definitely been a long while since he had one. He seems really close with new character Finn and was very determined to make sure he'd escape with him or stay by his side if things had gone another way which almost looked that way when Adam caught them halfway. I also really love that we're getting to know more and more about Kazima's past in the recent episodes. She opened up to Tee about some of her past last week and she's now confided in Tyler this week about her brother and father. Sounds very harrowing and upsetting that the fact people at her home were killed for making music/showing interest etc. The possiblity of the same thing happening to her brother and father is also really sad too.

I've never really warmed to Ryan but I was actually starting to once he went on a rescue mission to help bring Harry back home and I liked how he encouraged Harry to open up to Mike that there was a problem with Adam and his family not to mention that it wasn't safe for either him or Finn to be there. I'm glad Mike didn't fall for Adam's side of the story and immediately came to Harry's defense. But that ending with Tee and the fact that Ryan went through everyone's files reminded me of why I can never warm to him as of now. The future conflict between Ryan and Tee could actually be interesting though. Tee already knows how sly he can be and she was actually the first person to notice his sneaky behaviour when he first came to Ashdene Ridge and quickly got hismelf involved in that theft incident when he attempted to use the money for himself and take the luxury guest bedroom. He only succeded with the latter though. Hopefully Tee triumphs while he gets his eventual comeuppance for whatever happens in the future.

Tyler attempting to play the trombone instrument was quite amusing. I love how the others got annoyed and then decided to take more instruments for themselves and played them out loud. That was somewhat nostalgic of another TSOTB episode (Music) where Tracy was given the Saxaphone then the other kids got jealous but Elaine soon decided to get more instruments and everyone started playing them throughout the house creating a very loud atmosphere. Duke - "Thanks Elaine! Now the whole house is alive with the sound of music!"

Even Mike expressed his annoyance over the loud sound!:D He certainly can play the trombone quite well. So far this series has been a real improvement over Series 2. There have only been one or two dud episodes so far but the rest has had quality ranging from good to excellent which is great. The majority of episodes have been enjoyable.

Hoepfully the consistency in quality continues to shine when we enter the second half of this series.

Sneak Peek of Episode 10! (Dragon Slayer - The final episode of The Dumping Ground)

I really cannot wait for this finale! I'm sure many of us have been anticipating this moment for a long time now! It sure as hell will be a must watch episode! It's also very likely for this one to be Johnny's last episode. The trailer that showed after the end of today's episode looked great! Let's hope for the best!
    Forum Member
    Today's episode was my favourite of the series - I like it when dramatic things happen like when they were escaping the foster parent and it was interesting to see what was in the files. Felt sorry for Harry and FInn and the fact that they had to be separated from the rest of the family at dinner time, in the house etc.

I felt Mike should have been more tougher/stern with Adam.
    It's quite sad to think that this is most likely a real life problem for some, people fostering kids just for the money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just watched episode 9 again and I noticed a load of mistakes in the files! Kazima's surname is different from in the credits, and Tee's file said she was five in 2004, which would make her the same age as Johnny when she's meant to be two years younger. Also, in the scene where Mike figures out Ryan looked at the files, Tyler's hadn't been looked at either. And the only files Ryan actually read were Tee's and Harry's; why would he choose those two? I mean, they're about the least complicated kids there.