Options

Comic Relief

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondered if anyone is doing anything for comic relief.

I voted a few times on that celeb fame academy (which I never normally do with these shows) to give some money
Haven't seen any of those noses to buy - has anyone got one ?

I remember when I was at school (over a decade ago now) teachers would shave of beards etc, and at my last work some men would have their backs waxed and there would be dress up days etc - but we're not doing anything here

Comments

• Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. My children have been asked to donate £1 each at school on Friday and they can wear red and 'big hair'. I bought their red noses yesterday from Oxfam for £1. I think you may also be able to buy them from Sainsburys. You can also get the RND 05 t-shirts from T K Maxx stores.
  • Options
    chocolatekisseschocolatekisses Posts: 11,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I normally do the phonelines ie take the pledges but not doing it this year.

I did my stint of ALL night for Children in need and still getting over it :eek: :D
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lots2do wrote:
    Hi. My children have been asked to donate £1 each at school on Friday and they can wear red and 'big hair'. I bought their red noses yesterday from Oxfam for £1. I think you may also be able to buy them from Sainsburys. You can also get the RND 05 t-shirts from T K Maxx stores.

Be aware that the face paint inside the Red Nose box that Sainsbury's distributes has been found to be difficult to get of some kid's faces. Do a patch test first. :)
  • Options
    RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    I'm going to get wankered and watch bad television, no doubt donating too much on my card by accident, when i'm drunk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote:
    Be aware that the face paint inside the Red Nose box that Sainsbury's distributes has been found to be difficult to get of some kid's faces. Do a patch test first. :)

And the red hair gel is crap - as my two year old just found out :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratinho wrote:
    I'm going to get wankered and watch bad television, no doubt donating too much on my card by accident, when i'm drunk.

That is pretty much my plan too ! - Sometimes comic relief is quite funny to watch - a lot better than children in need but then I suppose that is the angle they are going for ! - I just hope that we don't get for comic relief what we normally get for children in need - which is something relatively exciting to watch coming up and we end up getting switched to the regional sections which are pretty bad - unless you like darius !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote:

but not in the middle of their head ;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have bought a TShirt they didnt have my size so i bought an xtra large to use as a nighty :)

I've also voted on Fame Academy. GO EDITH!!
  • Options
    CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Harman wrote:

I've also voted on Fame Academy. GO EDITH!!

Tonight hopefully! :D What's the hype surrounding her all about? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always listened to her on the radio and she's lovely, Kim is very polished sure but I dont know Edith just has a unique quality, Kim is very stage school. reggie should go tonight, Ade, Kim, edith, final
  • Options
    RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    Yes, but Ade Edmondson is a demi-god.

Still remember him hitting Rik Mayall in the 'groin' with a cricket bat in The Young Ones.

Hah! Missed both my legs!

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratinho wrote:

Still remember him hitting Rik Mayall in the 'groin' with a cricket bat in The Young Ones.

Neil: Oh yeah, that's a good idea isn't it? Yeah - let's all bring Neil down. That'll relieve the boredom.

Vyvyan: Will it? OK - er, shut up Neil you ugly poo-faced git! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ratinho wrote:

Im more of a fan of Bottom. Great program, loved it.