Options

Why don't male dogs get their own name and other odd animal names..

threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why do female dogs get to be called bitches yet male dogs are just 'dogs'? When people talk about 'dogs' they are talking about both sexes, all the books etc are about 'dogs' yet not just about male dogs.

Why do some names get accepted as well for other animals, I appreciate bitches is from a very old Norse word but why are there birds for example called 'tit' or booby' and the poor old 'blobfish' not much to look at, at least it could have had a pretty name.

Found an animal called 'Bone-eating snot-flower worm', why ??

What would be a good name for a male dog (forgetting all the used for stud and after becoming a father name) ?

Comments

• Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Male dogs should be called Scoobies,
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do female dogs get to be called bitches yet male dogs are just 'dogs'? When people talk about 'dogs' they are talking about both sexes, all the books etc are about 'dogs' yet not just about male dogs.

Why do some names get accepted as well for other animals, I appreciate bitches is from a very old Norse word but why are there birds for example called 'tit' or booby' and the poor old 'blobfish' not much to look at, at least it could have had a pretty name.

Found an animal called 'Bone-eating snot-flower worm', why ??

What would be a good name for a male dog (forgetting all the used for stud and after becoming a father name) ?

By far the coolest name of any extant animal is that of the incredible little cephalopod Vampyroteuthis infernalis which translates as 'the Vampire squid from Hell'. :cool:
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Male dogs should be called Scoobies,

I'm down with Scoobies, I was thinking something like Rexes but Scoobies is much better :)
    By far the coolest name of any extant animal is that of the incredible little cephalopod Vampyroteuthis infernalis which translates as 'the Vampire squid from Hell'. :cool:

Cool, sad squid have a pretty short life :( unlike those jellyfish that can live forever.