nokia 6630 - 2 questions!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
Forum Member
hi people happy new year!

ive got two questions about the 6630,

my mum has upgraded her contract and got a n73, so she has passed her 6630 to me -

1 - can it be unlocked? its on 3 - and was bought direct from 3store, im wondering if thats the case on average how much do they cost

2 - the mic is faulty, if i get this fixed on average how much would this cost?

thanks!!!

Comments

• chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you cant unlock any of the 3g nokia phones on 3 and if its only the mic i would say around £20 or £30 pounds to fix
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    chris20 wrote:
    you cant unlock any of the 3g nokia phones on 3 and if its only the mic i would say around £20 or £30 pounds to fix

thanks for that - i read an earlier post on a thread about someone calling three and they offerring to give an unlock code for £15?? is that poss?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't think that's on nokias only the other phones you cant get the code from the net or shops but 3 may phone and see
    Forum Member
    ok cool, the thing is, and i guess ill only find out by calling, but as the phone is now not being used by my mum does she have to call to ask it to be unlocked (as phone is i guess in her name having got it on her contract), or can i call using my threepay sim to ask them to unlock it??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    o yea its under her name i have heard on here people getting phones from other people but cant unlock or get it working due to it registered under another person
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you will get the code for £15 but you mother will have to do it (as the original owner)
    the phone may still be under warrenty (unless liquid damaged) as nokias now have 24 months
    a new mic should only about £5
    Forum Member
    ram33 wrote:
    you will get the code for £15 but you mother will have to do it (as the original owner)
    the phone may still be under warrenty (unless liquid damaged) as nokias now have 24 months
    a new mic should only about £5

no probs dude, ill check all that out, my mum will give em a call this week, mic wise, i dont think its under warranty but ill check that too il defo check out mic costs for replacement too!!

thanks