Options

Help me - Way Phone & Network ???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
Forum Member
Hiya

I have been with the 3 network for the past 2 years, no problems at all, the only issue I have with them now is there isnt a phone at present I really fancy, I currently spend between £60 to £75 a month so Im a mid range user I would guess.

I dont want to be tied down to a 18 month contract so wasnt to get a ncei 12 month one somewhere.

I use around 500 mins a month anytime any newtwork and about 500 texts I would guess.

I live in the Bristol area, any ideas, I like the look of the Samsung E900 or D900, I have a flip phone at present the Motorola Vx3i which is good but after so much use its starting to look worn and my contracts up.

Any help would be great !!!

Comments

• Options
    banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vodafone

Example:-

Anytime 500 + 250 texts @ £40 - Plus you can add ONE EXTRA of the following for 12mth contract or THREE EXTRAS for an 18mth contract:-

-- The above is the one I would recommend and then add Stop The Clock which basically will allow you to talk up to 60 mins and pay for just 3 (from your bundle) - from 7pm each evening and all weekend.

1. Stop The Clock (1 extra)
    2. 50% Extra Mins (2 extras)
    3. Sky Mobile Tv - News, sports, factual pack (1 extra)
    4. Sky Mobile Tv - Entertainment pack (1 extra)

Other examples for 18mth contracts:-

1. 750 Anytime Mins, Stop The Clock, 100 texts - £35
    2. 1000 texts, 500 Anytime Mins - £35
    3. 500 Anytime Mins, 500 texts, 5mths free mobile tv - £35

Samsung handsets can be offered FOC on any of those tariffs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    So is there anyways I could by that via a website other than vodafones direct and get a free gift thrown in ?
  • Options
    chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am amazed you cant find a good phone on 3 they have some top class phones http://www.three.co.uk/personal/handsets_/pay_monthly_/index.omp i would recommend virgin mobile they are cheap and very good http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyPhones.do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Mind-range user? I'd say you're a high-range user if you're spending that much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £60-75 is unfortunately mid range. £75 and above I reckon you will be into the high tier.

What I would do also before committing yourself and lots of hassle is to see if 3, T-Mob, O2, Voda work where you are.

I'm an account manager for Vodafone and it still surprises me when some customers port to O2 for one of their suicide deals and then have no coverage in that area ! It's not just O2, all networks are the same.

If you are after deals, definately check out the websites and even the stores and dealers such as The Link, Carphone Warehouse. The only downside to dealers is that although you may be on the Vodafone network or equiv it's Carphone's customer services that you have to put up with.

;) at Jac Naylor - one of my faves in Holby ! - now that Diane has left :cry:
  • Options
    chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yea its good to look in store you can get some good deals there but the link dont exist any more 3 have took over and have opened in 6 around here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yeah, that's right many of The Link stores have now closed. The one in Banbury has (and I forgot!) which will shortly be opening as a "3" showroom and will help them I reckon as a stand in Superdrug was never really going to catch on.