Lady Gaga to perform at 2013 VMAs.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1711264/lady-gaga-2013-vma-performer.jhtml

She'll be performing the lead single from 'ATRPOP'. I'm quite excited. Her performances are usually entertaining.

Comments

• MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited for this! I have no idea what she's even got planned as we have no snippets of music yet but i'm pumped! Award shows have been kinda boring without her so i'm glad she's back and this is the perfect platform to perform her new single :)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it's going to be better than he last performance. Had no idea what to say then. :o

I'll be eagerly waiting nonetheless
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know when this will air in the UK??
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's going to be better than he last performance. Had no idea what to say then. :o

I'll be eagerly waiting nonetheless

Was that the one where she was dressed as a satellite on the moon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »
    Do we know when this will air in the UK??

It usually airs live here but I'm not sure about the UK. The UK MTV channel will probably advertise it closer to the date.
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Was that the one where she was dressed as a satellite on the moon?

I think they're referring to her last performance at the VMAs. The Jo Calderone one. The satellite/moon one was at the European Music Awards.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to give her another go with her new era, so looking forward to this. but as soon as she starts over hyping and talking bollocks I'm jumping ship for good.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I think they're referring to her last performance at the VMAs. The Jo Calderone one. The satellite/moon one was at the European Music Awards.

omg, that was so awful. not the actual music performance itself, but the overcommitment to the character throughout that evening was truly cringe worthy.:eek: its got to be up there with britney's '07 performance for being iconic for all the wrong reasons and i had visions of tv producers getting the hook.:o ironically, britney was back on the stage that night and it comes to something when britney seems to be the only person on stage with their act together.:o
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    I'm willing to give her another go with her new era, so looking forward to this. but as soon as she starts over hyping and talking bollocks I'm jumping ship for good.

to be fair the hyping does seem to be quite tame so far, but i think the possibility of her talking nonsense is inevitable.:D it depends on your personal tolerance level of her really, some people found the initial announcement of her album/app pretentious and zoned out from the offset.:o i am going to give her a chance though too, she's been away for a while and on the whole, i have liked some of her music. so i guess i am looking forward to seeing this performance and i am interested to hear the music she delivers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »

I remembered manGa after posting. That was something where even I as a fan thought "what the hell are you doing you ridiculous women!".

I thought the exact same about her EMA and X-Factor performances as well actually. No more nonsense like that thank you Gaga.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I remembered manGa after posting. That was something where even I as a fan thought "what the hell are you doing you ridiculous women!".

I thought the exact same about her EMA and X-Factor performances as well actually. No more nonsense like that thank you Gaga.

That wasn't as bad as when she pretended to be a hermaphrodite when Poker Face was out... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    That wasn't as bad as when she pretended to be a hermaphrodite when Poker Face was out... :rolleyes:

Did she pretend to be an hermaphrodite? I remember the constant rumours, along with sex-change speculation, but I thought that all down to cruel and nasty digs about her appearance. I can't remember her actually starting them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a new song has leaked. links on youtube are coming down as fast as they get posted.:rolleyes: its a demo penned with dallas austin with tlc new album in mind. listen to "posh life" here while you still can.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    a new song has leaked. links on youtube are coming down as fast as they get posted.:rolleyes: its a demo penned with dallas austin with tlc new album in mind. listen to "posh life" here while you still can.:eek:

Well I can certainly see why she's giving it away and not keeping it for herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I can see why she's giving it away and not keeping it for herself.

its not actually that bad really in my opinion. its sounds quite retro tlc and apparently they are leading their new hits album with their version of the song.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she doesn't come back as that joe guy. That was embarrassing and made me cringe. I still can't believe she tried to hijack Britney's moment last year when she won that big award as well, it was like 'shut up, go away and let her speak'.

Isn't Beyonce making her big comeback there too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she doesn't come back as that joe guy. That was embarrassing and made me cringe. I still can't believe she tried to hijack Britney's moment last year when she won that big award as well, it was like 'shut up, go away and let her speak'.

Isn't Beyonce making her big comeback there too?

The moment with Britney was a little awkward but she handled it like a pro. Like usual. ;)

There's rumours Beyonce will be making her comeback as well, but nothing is confirmed. I really think she should. She already missed a great promo opportunity with the Super Bowl.