^ lmao :D

Drink lots of coffee - it's not as bad as they all make out :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony King wrote: »
    ^ lmao :D

Drink lots of coffee - it's not as bad as they all make out :p

Indeed; but one "caff" and then unleaded for the rest of the day, otherwise I'd be having palpitations all afternoon. :D

I'm just killing time until deuce8pro (Jackie's Mum/Dad/Agent) wakes up and starts ranting again. :)
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deuce8pro wrote: »
    I can tell you who is showing the ignorance here.
    She is not in an opera, she is not an opera singer.
    Therefore shes not subjected to the strict standards that it has to be sung by a male over 30 without a microphone.
    Female singers have sang ND before, Sarah Brightman, Katherine Jenkins. They are not opera singers, they are classical crossover singers.
    Jackie is a classical crossover singer.
    You seem to like classical music but you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Jackie is helping classical music.

I can tell you that it does make a difference whether or not she is singing as an opera singer or a crossover. She is singing words aimed towards a woman:

"Tu pure, o principessa, nella tua fredda stanza"

The a at the end of nella, tua and fredda are the italian female suffixes.

Calaf is singing to a princess. A female singing this would be like a man singing "I feel pretty" from West Side Story (which would be a far more appropriate song for Jackie.). As a man I wouldn't sing On my Own from Les Mis despite that the fact that it is a beautiful song. You have to respect the story the aria represents. That's why you don't hear tenors singing O mio babbino caro.
  • Tony KingTony King Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they ranting so much though? Why don't they just drop it :confused:

From another parents POV you want them to be happy and follow their dream but there has to be some time when you draw the line.

I don't know what's worse tbh, pushy parents or obsessive fanboys/weirdo stalkers.

I'd still say the latter as you'd hope other parents have their kids best interests at heart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they ranting so much though? Why don't they just drop it :confused:

From another parents POV you want them to be happy and follow their dream but there has to be some time when you draw the line.

I don't know what's worse tbh, pushy parents or obsessive fanboys/weirdo stalkers.

I'd still say the latter as you'd hope other parents have their kids best interests at heart.

I truly have no idea; I can only think it is because deuce8pro is related to Jackie or is her Agent.

I had an instance of this when I was sent a video of a 1 and a half yr old (or 2 yr old, I forget) baby being entered into a dance competition, complete with nappy. Because I dared to comment that I didn't think it was appropriate, I was practically accused of trawling the internet in search of footage of babies. The baby in question (and her defenders) was American, just out of interest. Lots of comments of "genius" there too.....
  • james-belfastjames-belfast Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I truly have no idea; I can only think it is because deuce8pro is related to Jackie or is her Agent.

I had an instance of this when I was sent a video of a 1 and a half yr old (or 2 yr old, I forget) baby being entered into a dance competition, complete with nappy. Because I dared to comment that I didn't think it was appropriate, I was practically accused of trawling the internet in search of footage of babies. The baby in question (and her defenders) was American, just out of interest. Lots of comments of "genius" there too.....

deuce8pro friends with Jackie's Mother and chat on the same forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats shocking to be honest :(

You really have to watch what you say it seems, speak up for what you think is right and the loonies turn it back on you :(

Is no-one sane in cyberworld? I'm half tempted to say 'if you can't beat 'em - join em' but I wouldn't ever just start spouting rubbish because on the internet it seems 'anything goes'.

I'll say what I think which is actually I'm now confused lol

I came across a comment once on a Connie Talbot video on youtube that was just pure sick.

Who do you blame? There's an infinite trail, and even though it might start with the parents - you can't point the finger at them for the sad and mad world we have around us.
  • lisa1972lisa1972 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member

Ahh that explains a lot actually, i think what this person cant grasp is that people arent slating Jackie at all; Im fact the majority on here say she has a stunning voice, one that is very rarely heard. but are just concerned about appropriateness of song choice and her age. i have said the same about Ronan that i think there should be a lower age limit on these competitions just like X Factor, many will disagree with me but i think its too much pressure in the long run for an 11/12 year old; ive seen at first hand what competitions like X Factor can do to a 16/17 year old never mind one so much younger and i think the cons outweigh the pros;
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats shocking to be honest :(

You really have to watch what you say it seems, speak up for what you think is right and the loonies turn it back on you :(

Is no-one sane in cyberworld? I'm half tempted to say 'if you can't beat 'em - join em' but I wouldn't ever just start spouting rubbish because on the internet it seems 'anything goes'.

I'll say what I think which is actually I'm now confused lol

I came across a comment once on a Connie Talbot video on youtube that was just pure sick.

Who do you blame? There's an infinite trail, and even though it might start with the parents - you can't point the finger at them for the sad and mad world we have around us.

Absolutely. There are some awful, and very very weird, people out there. No indeed, you can't blame the parents for the obsessive fans...but it is the parents' choice whether or not to put the child in the public eye in the first place.

I know you can't wrap children up in cotton wool and protect them from everything, but there are some crazy and sick people out there. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, thanks James. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, thanks James. :)

That's ok, I have sent you a PM with some details.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's ok, I have sent you a PM with some details.

Thanks - got it. Some really delightful references to this thread there! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still begs the question, why do they assume people are slating Jackie? I like most others think she has a fantastic voice.

Fine if they are connected personally to her but it does seem that this makes their opinion entirely subjective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackie's Mother just does not have a clue how contracts work and how music royalties are paid.
    If it's a one album deal then royalties will be paid once the money comes to the Record Company. If it's a 2+deal for records the the company (Sony) will keep most of the royalties to make the 2nd album.

She' so slagging Sony off due to that fact there is no money coming from Sony
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still begs the question, why do they assume people are slating Jackie? I like most others think she has a fantastic voice.

Fine if they are connected personally to her but it does seem that this makes their opinion entirely subjective.

I think they are the sort of people who think that if you are not absolutely raving about how perfect Jackie is, you are attacking her, and therefore you are the enemy, and must be destroyed.....

It's their way or the highway. No question that everyone is allowed an opinion.

I love Pink Floyd, but if someone isn't a fan, I don't go around verbally attacking them. Each to their own, and all that. I can see that Jackie has an amazing voice for an 11 year old, but I don't like her performances or the fact that a child is singing adult operatic arias. For that opinion, you'd think I was the AntiChrist or something. :eek:
  • kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackie's Mother just does not have a clue how contracts work and how music royalties are paid.
    If it's a one album deal then royalties will be paid once the money comes to the Record Company. If it's a 2+deal for records the the company (Sony) will keep most of the royalties to make the 2nd album.

She' so slagging Sony off due to that fact there is no money coming from Sony

This isn't quite correct. There is a seperate advance for each recording but royalties are paid in arrears, and the royalties are normally seperate. She will only get further royalties once the advance has been repaid. She will get paid usually every six months. Her mum is very ill advised moaning online about it as that will sour her relationship with Sony. I'm surprised she doesn't have a lawyer advising her bearing in mind how litigation hungry the americans can be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kleinzach wrote: »
    This isn't quite correct. There is a seperate advance for each recording but royalties are paid in arrears, and the royalties are normally seperate. She will only get further royalties once the advance has been repaid. She will get paid usually every six months. Her mum is very ill advised moaning online about it as that will sour her relationship with Sony. I'm surprised she doesn't have a lawyer advising her bearing in mind how litigation hungry the americans can be.

You will find that SyCo contracts are all the same. Apart from SuBo's.
    Leona Made no money from her 1st album at all. It was private shows that she did (paid $1million for 4 songs) that's where her money came from.

All music royalties that SyCo get from the 1st album goes towards the 2nd.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I think they are the sort of people who think that if you are not absolutely raving about how perfect Jackie is, you are attacking her, and therefore you are the enemy, and must be destroyed.....

It's their way or the highway. No question that everyone is allowed an opinion.

I love Pink Floyd, but if someone isn't a fan, I don't go around verbally attacking them. Each to their own, and all that. I can see that Jackie has an amazing voice for an 11 year old, but I don't like her performances or the fact that a child is singing adult operatic arias. For that opinion, you'd think I was the AntiChrist or something. :eek:

I do wonder if these obsessive realise how much damage they do to the object of their adoration in the eyes of non obsessives :confused: There's a couple of singers I can think of that, if I was a fan, I'd think twice about seeing in concert out of sheer fear of ending up next to one of them - some, of course not all, of their fans who post on DS are as bad as the gentleman on this thread - only utter adoration is allowed, and any differening opinion is shouted down and simply not allowed - the difference, of course being, these singers are adults and have made their own career path and choices as adults, as apposed to a little girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if these obsessive realise how much damage they do to the object of their adoration in the eyes of non obsessives :confused: There's a couple of singers I can think of that, if I was a fan, I'd think twice about seeing in concert out of sheer fear of ending up next to one of them - some, of course not all, of their fans who post on DS are as bad as the gentleman on this thread - only utter adoration is allowed, and any differening opinion is shouted down and simply not allowed - the difference, of course being, these singers are adults and have made their own career path and choices as adults, as apposed to a little girl.

Exactly. They are unwittingly not helping the cause to which they are so dedicated.

I had to laugh at the post on another thread, which discusses this DS thread, and says that perhaps the lady with the daughter (I assume that's me) is protecting audiences from her daughter and not the other way around. ROFL! :D

No people, I'm protecting her from obsessives who might be tempted to weep over her and say that she is a "Gift from God" and an "Angel". :eek:
    Forum Member

That is very true, and i have to admit at one point (im sure many will remember lol) i was guilty of this!! The thing is the more you put someone on a pedestal the harder and longer they have to fall and that certainly happened to me!! The object of my adoration turned out to be the stuff of mightmares haha (though i expect the still obsessives to find this and call me out - this will happen!) and as you say this was an adult quite capable of looking after himself!!

There are, as you say, some bands i wouldnt entertain going to see because of their fans; Im a huge fan of My Chemical Romance but i think twice of going because of fans, but the worst one im finding atm is Adam Lambert!! My god the Glamberts are like a crazed herd at times, if i even mention his name in a vein that isnt lavish praise i get about 100 mentions on twitter telling me to watch my mouth :O

I do feel sorry for this girl, especially seeing the discussion above about her mother, i just hope there is someone around if there is major fall out with this girl!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa1972 wrote: »
    That is very true, and i have to admit at one point (im sure many will remember lol) i was guilty of this!! The thing is the more you put someone on a pedestal the harder and longer they have to fall and that certainly happened to me!! The object of my adoration turned out to be the stuff of mightmares haha (though i except the still obsessives to find this and call me out - this will happen!) and as you say this was an adult quite capable of looking after himself!!

There are, as you say, some bands i wouldnt entertain going to see because of their fans; Im a huge fan of My Chemical Romance but i think twice of going because of fans, but the worst one im finding atm is Adam Lambert!! My god the Glamberts are like a crazed herd at times, if i even mention his name in a vein that isnt lavish praise i get about 100 mentions on twitter telling me to watch my mouth :O

I do feel sorry for this girl, especially seeing the discussion above about her mother, i just hope there is someone around if there is major fall out with this girl!

That's why I like Pink Floyd/Roger Waters concerts - we're all very measured and well behaved (largely due to being over 40, perhaps!) :D
    Forum Member
    That's why I like Pink Floyd/Roger Waters concerts - we're all very measured and well behaved (largely due to being over 40, perhaps!) :D

HAHA!! I love going to Classic Rock for that reason!! Give me Journey, Iron Maiden anyday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA!! I love going to Classic Rock for that reason!! Give me Journey, Iron Maiden anyday

Yes! Well-behaved fans who don't mind if someone doesn't like the same music as them! :):)
    Forum Member
    Yes! Well-behaved fans who don't mind if someone doesn't like the same music as them! :):)

absolutely!! im done with supporting spoilt brat reality contestants!! (and im not on about Jackie before i get abuse)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely!! im done with supporting spoilt brat reality contestants!! (and im not on about Jackie before i get abuse)

lol!

I must say though (not that I enter into any discussion about them) that I don't mind taking my DD to JLS concerts. Fans there just seem to be Mums with daughters; it's all quite bearable really. :)