Options

Would you be less concerned about immigration if we had a gated town for them.

Comments

• Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Starpuss wrote: »
    :( I was actually planning on moving there with him. God I'm pathetic :(

Shhhhhhh. I don't want my fella knowing that's an option. I don't wanna live in Ipswich! Is that even allowed?

What happens to the people of Ipswich? Where do they live?
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I'm not relaxing. This rebalancing sounds dodgy. Will we need a special pass to visit them in Ipswich do you think? I'm not keen on the thought of going without immigrant cuddling. I like it!

Documentation? Yes. But then it will mean we will have to keep checking their papers to see if they are in order. Perhaps it would be easier if they just had some sort of symbol displayed on their clothes for ease of checking? A blue triangle? A red square?

They could all be made to wear black and white clothes with maybe the exception of one little girl who can wear a red dress.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    Could they have been tourists?

no defo not tourists
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hang on everbody..........

Reevaluating the countries resources......getting things back on track for us who have contributed......that would apply to immigrants who are honest, have worked, have paid.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing, I just want you to re-evaluate your plans so I can chuck my fella in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    They could all be made to wear black and white clothes with maybe the exception of one little girl who can wear a red dress.

Is this clothing for visitors as well? In the event I do want to hug an immigrant, I don't want to have to get changed, black and white doesn't suit my complexion.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shhhhhhh. I don't want my fella knowing that's an option. I don't wanna live in Ipswich! Is that even allowed?

Cmon,.. with facilities like an Ice Rink and a McDonalds... totally worth getting sealed inside Ipswitch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    Cmon,.. with facilities like an Ice Rink and a McDonalds... totally worth getting sealed inside Ipswitch

Oh well when you put it like that send the papers through I'm there! Will the ice rink be free?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Maybe they could get us all to wear yellow stars or crescents as well.

...Perhaps it would be easier if they just had some sort of symbol displayed on their clothes for ease of checking? A blue triangle? A red square?

I think the OP should create a poll on this one.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well when you put it like that send the papers through I'm there! Will the ice rink be free?
    Pfffff.. this isn't a prison with free Xboxes and iPads.... you'll pay a month of minimum wages for 15 mins skating...
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What happens to the people of Ipswich? Where do they live?

I know very little about it. Have opened the Wiki page so will do some reading. It looks nice. Nicer than where we live now anyway so the immigrant and I will probably be quite happy.

Good point about the people living there now. I found stats that say the population is 133,400. I am sure with such a well thought out plan the OP will know exactly where these people are going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    irishguy wrote: »
    Pfffff.. this isn't a prison with free Xboxes and iPads.... you'll pay a month of minimum wages for 15 mins skating...

I've changed my mind already. Fella is on his own again. Will only need one set of papers for the Gorczynski household thank you.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this new game 'Ipswichville' or the 'Simmigrants'? Hours of fun anyway.

Disease and hygiene could be a problem, would need some shower blocks for new arrivals.

Overpopulation too. Immigrants do breed like rabbits. Better provide compulsory sterilisation in the hospital.

A nice shiny new crematorium for those who pass on during their stay.

The gates can be decorated with a nice welcoming sign as well, "Work Sets You Free"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know very little about it. Have opened the Wiki page so will do some reading. It looks nice. Nicer than where we live now anyway so the immigrant and I will probably be quite happy.

Good point about the people living there now. I found stats that say the population is 133,400. I am sure with such a well thought out plan the OP will know exactly where these people are going.

If they can make sandwiches to replace my current staff or are good sales people to replace my fella, they are welcome to come and live here.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    no defo not tourists

Well Windsor is 90.2% white British so not sure who you saw. I lived in nextdoor Spelthorne and that was predominantly white British too.... sure you were not in Slough?
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    Well Windsor is 90.2% white British so not sure who you saw. I lived in nextdoor Spelthorne and that was predominantly white British too.... sure you were not in Slough?

no not in Slough, like I said I was only there a few hours but no not a single English person did I see, certainly didn't hear anyone speaking English was glad to get home for sure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been reading more about my new potential home of Ipswich (and very nice it sounds too...thank you OP).

I found out there is a Jarvis Cocker song called From Auschwitz to Ipswich.

It's the end, why don't you admit it?
    It's the same from Auschwitz to Ipswich
    Evil comes I know from not where
    But if you take a look inside yourself
    Maybe you'll find some in there

Just wanted to post that as an example of irony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've been reading more about my new potential home of Ipswich (and very nice it sounds too...thank you OP).

I found out there is a Jarvis Cocker song called From Auschwitz to Ipswich.

It's the end, why don't you admit it?
    It's the same from Auschwitz to Ipswich
    Evil comes I know from not where
    But if you take a look inside yourself
    Maybe you'll find some in there

Just wanted to post that as an example of irony.

Have you decided who you are evicting to have their house yet?
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    no not in Slough, like I said I was only there a few hours but no not a single English person did I see, certainly didn't hear anyone speaking English was glad to get home for sure

Well, they must have been either tourists or some kind of festival because I have been to Windsor many times (liked to shop there) and never noticed what you did. There are certainly areas like that in the UK, but I wouldn't saw Windsor was one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you decided who you are evicting to have their house yet?

I'm not a fussy woman. We have a 3 bed semi now so could do a straight swap with a family with the same. Though my immigrant would like a shed if at all possible. He's fond of sheds.

Are you looking for an upgrade?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fussy woman. We have a 3 bed semi now so could do a straight swap with a family with the same. Though my immigrant would like a shed if at all possible. He's fond of sheds.

Are you looking for an upgrade?

I live really close to the beach so I'm hoping I can convince him to do the right thing and leave me here. He can move in with you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live really close to the beach so I'm hoping I can convince him to do the right thing and leave me here. He can move in with you :)

He would be more than welcome :)

Oooh, we live near the beach now too. Does Ipswich not have a beach? The move might be off!!

OP...can we have our concentration ca.......sorry gated town ...near the sea please?
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Radamel Falcao, Alexis Sanchez, Yaya Toure etc be allowed out to play for their teams? Or will they create their own Ipswich Immigrants FC? I'm guessing they would have to play all their games at home though. Are outsiders allowed in?
  • Options
    tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol thread title. District 9?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He would be more than welcome :)

Oooh, we live near the beach now too. Does Ipswich not have a beach? The move might be off!!

OP...can we have our concentration ca.......sorry gated town ...near the sea please?

I'll send some money for his upkeep, I mean that is if you're even allowed money there?
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll send some money for his upkeep, I mean that is if you're even allowed money there?

No, no acts of charity allowed I'm afraid. Although hurling lemons over the fence or parading your freedom in front of them is permitted. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.