Options

My neighbour takes the pi.$$

AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
Forum Member
My neighbour asked my partner if he could use part of my garden to grow sweet corn and she said yes. She is a push over and that's why he asked her. I am livid but can't take it out on her because I know from previous its self defeating. I could go round and kick the door in but my partner would be mortified. How do I slowly kill his plants so my girlfriend doesn't loose face?

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anonandon wrote: »
    My neighbour asked my partner if he could use part of my garden to grow sweet corn and she said yes. She is a push over and that's why he asked her. I am livid but can't take it out on her because I know from previous its self defeating. I could go round and kick the door in but my partner would be mortified. How do I slowly kill his plants so my girlfriend doesn't loose face?
    a loose face? maybe a nip and tuck
  • Options
    Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Go around and kick the door in? are you some sort of nut job, go around, knock on the door and say your partner made a mistake.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member

You could just go around like a normal human being and, now wait a minute because God knows this is a crazy suggestion that even I can't believe I'm typing out but just go with me on this, talk to him. :o

No scrap that, boot the door in and kick his face in.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of bloody sweetcorn! Chill out :o
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet corn is nice!
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I wish your partner was on here so I could advise her to run... fast and far.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So it's totally your house and your garden - not shared ownership?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    So it's totally your house and your garden - not shared ownership?

No totally, he borrowed a ladder, no problem I said, took it to work with him for seven months before he actually, responded to requests to give it back.
  • Options
    DebrajoanDebrajoan Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a loose face? maybe a nip and tuck

Nice one Billy, but it may go over the head of someone who is advocating kicking a door in over a handful of sweet corn.
  • Options
    Vinnie VegaVinnie Vega Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Go round and ask if you can use his living room to watch telly, when you get the expected answer , then kick his head in.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ilBsr9n3o
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't like corn on the cob, to much flossing.
    He also narrowly avoided county court for trying to pinch 4 feet off the perimeter of the people on the other side of his garden.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horticultural Digression Alert

Does the OP live in Alabama, will sweetcorn grow in the UK ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No totally, he borrowed a ladder, no problem I said, took it to work with him for seven months before he actually, responded to requests to give it back.

I'd be inclined to have a quiet word, and just say that he should have asked you as the householder, not your partner. You'll give him a free pass for this growing season, to keep the peace, but make it clear it can't happen again.

Although if he's not planted anything yet, I'd tell him that he can't, as you want it for something else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sweetcorn definitely grows in the UK.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    If you don't go round and kick his door in, he will see you as a soft touch.

You know what you need to do.

Go on. Do it now. Kick his bloody door in and show him that you are not to be messed with!
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    What's with the kicking door and killing plants? all you have to do is tell the guy he should have asked you as it's your garden and the answer is no.
  • Options
    Vinnie VegaVinnie Vega Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    What's with the kicking door and killing plants? all you have to do is tell the guy he should have asked you as it's your garden and the answer is no.

You can only reason with reasonable people.
    Maybe the OP should go round and ask the neighbour if he can shag his wife if she's not busy lol.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say kicking the door in is probably the absolute minimum you're contractually obligated to do.... I mean sweetcorn in her garden?

Oh you do mean sweetcorn, I thought it was some sort of innuendo
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

blueblade wrote: »
    Sweetcorn definitely grows in the UK.

Indeed it does http://www.maize-maze.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    If you don't go round and kick his door in, he will see you as a soft touch.

You know what you need to do.

Go on. Do it now. Kick his bloody door in and show him that you are not to be messed with!

..Go on. Do it now. Kick his bloody door in and show him that you are not to be messed with![/QUOTE]

......he's out.....he's out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Just seethe in silence like you always do.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just think of the savings on tins of Green Giant.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My neighbour asked my partner if he could use part of my garden to grow sweet corn and she said yes.

Why can't he grow them in his garden?
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a pushover and you're "livid" but you don't know how to deal with it?
    You're both pushovers.
    He kept your ladder for six months now he has regular access to your garden.
    Next it'll be "Can I take a dump, in your downstairs loo on Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturdays?"