*** The P!NK Appreciation Thread ***

Comments

• Lo RitorneLo Ritorne Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I've been living off of P!nk while being ill for the past week. LIFE SAVER.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lo Ritorne wrote: »
    Raise Your Glass.
    very underrated, it had NUMBER 1 WRITTEN all over it :cool:

I actually wasn't too keen on Raise Your Glass - I haven't downloaded it, but if it's on the radio or music channels I still listen to it. It's just not one of my favourites though.

Perfect on the other hand - wow! it's just perfect :D I love the song, the lyrics and song all together. A song I listen to pretty much on a daily basis and on repeat sometimes! :D

I look forward to her next album! If this is what's to come off it :)
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lo Ritorne wrote: »
    Don't get me started on the whole Bruno Mars - Grenade situation. :mad:

As much as I love that song too, it's a joke that it was able to be number one. I can't remember the whole sitiuation, but didn't it get number 1 because of air play, even though P!nk ahd sold more?
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    Who Knew is another brilliant song. Her back catalogue is full of hits.

Who Knew is one of my favourite Pink songs but I love pretty much all of her songs & cant think of any I dislike - I just wish I could get to see her perform live one day :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like Raise Your Glass too much when I first heard it, it wasn't until I saw it performed by someone on the X factor:o (err not uk version :p) that I realized what a great song it was. Now I love it

Who Knew is such a brilliant song, and I love F*ucking Perfect too. Two of my favourite Pink songs :)
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Who Knew is one of my favourite Pink songs but I love pretty much all of her songs & cant think of any I dislike - I just wish I could get to see her perform live one day :)

She's really good live.

:p
  • City SlickerCity Slicker Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Oh where, oh where, could they be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »

I agree I love Who Knew but I can't pick a favourite because they're all so good! I can't wait to see her live on her next tour (which probably won't be a while, now she's got Willow!) :)

Love this pic of Pink, Carey and Willow: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a00bVs9LXe6d/400x300.jpg :D
    Forum Member
    Is the baby in his bag? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the baby in his bag? :confused:

Haha! No its a baby sling/carrier! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Haha! No its a baby sling/carrier! :D:D:D

But the baby was in it.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite P!nk song of the day, Walk Away, from Try This
    Forum Member
    Funhouse Tour behind the scenes:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four
    Forum Member
    Bored...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raise Your Glass was an obvious, generic song that people use on Greatest Hits collections, it wasn't supposed to be anything amazing, it was just used to sell the album. Its an okay song but gets old quickly.

P!nk is in my top 10 favourite singers, both her old and new material is amazing. I'm Not Dead (the song) is one of my favourites, as is Don't Let Me Get Me. I'd love to go see her live one day, I've got Funhouse on DVD and its such a show, the encore with Glitter in the Air is stunning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah Don't Let Me Get Me, I LOVED that video when it first came out.

I'm sure I bought Missundaztood after that release and bought Can't Take Me Home pretty much straight afterwards.

I also remember buying Try This the week before my first ever proper exams in 4th year at school, and was listening to it constantly each night, a tradition I've kept up before every exam, through the rest of school, driving tests, 4 years at uni and now into professional exams. It's my good luck charm and so far has left me never getting a grade lower than a B for anything, must've listened to it hundreds of times (sometimes I listen to it twice for extra luck lol)

I wonder if she'll get to launch a new album on the American X Factor? What with LA Reid being a judge, he did tell her she'd be a popstar after all. I find it strange she's never been on the UK version since she's released albums/singles when it's been on air, ludicrous she's never had a slot to perform on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to try this this morning.

Still an unknown gem of an album like I remember it <3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try This is just a bit rockier sounding than all her other albums, I like how since Try This her sound has basically been a mash up of Missundaztood and Try This, I love tracks like Trouble from Try This, and Save My Life is one of my top 10 P!nk tracks ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think Trouble is a gem, the video for it was excellent too, love the action in it, it really suits her personality.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think Try This is her best behind FunHouse, and quite underrated. Then I would choose I'm Not Dead and then Missundastood and then Can't Take Me Home. As you can see, I didn't really like R'n'B P!nk.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'd go I'm Not Dead as first choice, I saw her live twice during that album and she totally sold it to me, the title track is immense. Then Fun House, Then Try This, Missundaztood and Can't Take Me Home.

I remember loving Missundaztood when I first got it, but of all the albums I think it is probably the one I don't listen to in full very often, some songs when I'm in the mood are amazing, like Gone To California, but when listening to the whole album it's kind of a stall on the album, same with Eventually. It's an epic song, she sounds great on it, but it's a song I listen to on it's own, not as part of the album.

Just remembered how amazing she sounds on Runaway from I'm Not Dead, another of my top P!nk songs, she has this way of really showing emotion through her songs, and you can actually feel her anger or upset as her songs progress, she's a bit like Gaga in the way she can absolutely sell a song on the final chorus with a big build up to it from the "Wasn't It you, Wasn't it You, Wasn't it you that Made me Run away..." it's just epic!
    Forum Member
    Only just managed to get into Glitter In The Air.

Phenominal.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to join in with the love for Try This. Trouble and Love Song are two of my favouritP!nk songs, plus Try Too Hard and Humble Neighbourhood.

I think I'd put the albums, in order of favourite...

I'm Not Dead, Funhouse, Try This, Mizunderstood, Can't Take Me Home.

Funhouse is an awesome album, but I'm Not Dead is epic. Who Knew, Runaway, Long Way To Happy, I've Got Money Now, the title track, The One That Got Away, the list is endless. Amazing album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just managed to get into Glitter In The Air.

Phenominal.

I only got into it after the performance at the Grammy's (I think it was) where she did an amazing live performance of it. Before then I tended to skip it on the album, now I love it.