People who deserve a 50th Anniversary recognition.

2»

Comments

• daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hestia wrote: »
    On the basis that the OP was about all those that deserve recognition (not specifically those involved in making the show), I would say each and every fan who has been with it since episode 1.

Actually it was about people who work on the show and made it what it was. Should have put Special Recognition in the title to emphasise what I meant.

So for those who have said everyone and your post above, I echo those sentiments entirely but I think some people deserve extra recognition because of their contribution to the show like some of the names already mentioned.

:)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dudley Simpson??
  • GeordieDancerGeordieDancer Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Sarah-Jane will be mentioned? The way 'The Wedding of River Song' alluded to Nicholas Courtenay's (hope I've spelled that right) passing was beautifully done, showing how the Doctor sometimes forgets that his old friends can't just pick up where he left off. I'd love to see a similar tribute to Elisabeth Sladen.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Sarah-Jane will be mentioned? The way 'The Wedding of River Song' alluded to Nicholas Courtenay's (hope I've spelled that right) passing was beautifully done, showing how the Doctor sometimes forgets that his old friends can't just pick up where he left off. I'd love to see a similar tribute to Elisabeth Sladen.

I don't want them to say Sarah Jane is dead. It wouldn't feel right to me.
  • GeordieDancerGeordieDancer Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Pointy wrote: »
    I don't want them to say Sarah Jane is dead. It wouldn't feel right to me.

No, but a little mention would be nice. Something along the lines of "tried getting hold of Sarah-Jane but she's busy." Such a shame Sladen isn't with us any more.
  • merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why Peter Cushing is being ignored, while Paul Mcgann is included. Does anyone know the reason?

Although I agree that everyone who has worked on bringing Dr Who to life deserves a mention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    The cameramen
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel Edmonds - for supporting the celebrations in 1993.
  • Banks246Banks246 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    merlinsmum wrote: »
    I don't understand why Peter Cushing is being ignored, while Paul Mcgann is included. Does anyone know the reason?

Although I agree that everyone who has worked on bringing Dr Who to life deserves a mention.

Because his two films were not directly related.

Technically not connected.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with this, Troughton gets the credit because he deserves it. If he hadn't won the public over the show probably would have ended after just one Season with him in the role but he did and he made it easier for the rest of the Doctors that followed, which many of the actors concerned have actually acknowledged.

IMO his success is the very reason the show has lasted so long. He made it acceptable for there to be other Doctors.

:)

He made it possible for the Time Lords to say so casually, 'Your appearance has changed before; it will change again.' :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    merlinsmum wrote: »

Peter Cushing's films are Disney reworkings of Hartnell stories.
    Paul McGann did regenerate from Sylvester McCoy. So even though the TV movie is a co produced abomination it follows on.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hestia wrote: »
    On the basis that the OP was about all those that deserve recognition (not specifically those involved in making the show), I would say each and every fan who has been with it since episode 1.

Kind of unfair to those fans born post episode 1 i mean kick in the teeth for the rest who simply can't help being born after :rolleyes:
  • Shane54Shane54 Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the above.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Hopefully on the end credits on doctor day of the doctor they say thanks to everyone involved in the making of doctor who and thanks to the fans
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Me

A fan for over 20 years. :cool:
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elisabeth Sladen without a shadow of a doubt. Sarah Jane was a role model for children across almost 4 decades. In a time when women were still being marketed as damsels in distress, Sarah Jane was one of the few female characters on TV who was strong minded, and could fight with her mind. That easily translated through into the 21st century, and she became an icon with a completely new generation. Sarah Jane Smith, to me, is the best companion we've ever had. Maybe she didn't look into the Time Vortex, or enter his timestream, but she was there by his side, and that, for a viewer, is what a great companion of great importance is.

Just thinking about the loss of Liz is making me tear up a bit now. She deserves her moment in the Anniversary.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Russell
    Jacqueline Hill
  • merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    Because his two films were not directly related.

Technically not connected.
    Peter Cushing's films are Disney reworkings of Hartnell stories.
    Paul McGann did regenerate from Sylvester McCoy. So even though the TV movie is a co produced abomination it follows on.

Thanks for that. :)
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Elisabeth Sladen without a shadow of a doubt. Sarah Jane was a role model for children across almost 4 decades. In a time when women were still being marketed as damsels in distress, Sarah Jane was one of the few female characters on TV who was strong minded, and could fight with her mind. That easily translated through into the 21st century, and she became an icon with a completely new generation. Sarah Jane Smith, to me, is the best companion we've ever had. Maybe she didn't look into the Time Vortex, or enter his timestream, but she was there by his side, and that, for a viewer, is what a great companion of great importance is.

Just thinking about the loss of Liz is making me tear up a bit now. She deserves her moment in the Anniversary.

If she was a still alive do you think she be in it,