Any news of the DotD dvd/bluray extras ?

sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering if we have any info so far ?

I'm hoping we have the Night of the Doctor on there.

I'm guessing that there's probably no chance of having An Adventure in Time and Space on there too.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    Just wondering if we have any info so far ?

I'm hoping we have the Night of the Doctor on there.

I'm guessing that there's probably no chance of having An Adventure in Time and Space on there too.

Adventure is on there.
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adventure is on there.

Seriously ? That's great news!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Both the prequels The Night Of The Doctor and The Last Day will be on it and I assume the Confidential/Behind The Scenes episode as well.

Perhaps the Afterparty thing from BBC3 and the trailers (especially the 50th one) as well.
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like it's shaping up to be the best NuWho release yet!
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adventure is on there.
    no it's not - it's getting an individual release on dvd and is not on the day of the doctor dvd or blu ray
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Both the prequels The Night Of The Doctor and The Last Day will be on it and I assume the Confidential/Behind The Scenes episode as well.

Perhaps the Afterparty thing from BBC3 and the trailers (especially the 50th one) as well.

:mad: Mini episodes not prequels!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    no it's not - it's getting an individual release on dvd and is not on the day of the doctor dvd or blu ray

Well aware that it is getting its own DVD release, but it is apparently on the day of the doctor as well (without the extras that come on its own DVD release).

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/the-day-of-the-doctor-50th-anniversary-3d-blu-ray/

Unless you have a source that says different?
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

What behind the scenes? Confidential was cancelled.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :mad: Mini episodes not prequels!

It's both.

A mini episode that is the prequel to the events of The Day of the Doctor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    I would love the cool trailer to be a 3d option!
  • FraxisFraxis Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Just to be pedantic, you can't truly call something a prequel unless the thing it's a prequel to has come out first. Which isn't the case with any of the Doctor Who ones, but is of, say Star Wars Eps 1-3. It's probably more of a prologue.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    What behind the scenes?

Day of the Doctor: Behind the Lens
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Well aware that it is getting its own DVD release, but it is apparently on the day of the doctor as well (without the extras that come on its own DVD release).

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/the-day-of-the-doctor-50th-anniversary-3d-blu-ray/

Unless you have a source that says different?

As I understand it, the US release will not have Adventure as an extra but the UK release will.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    It's both.

No it's not a prequel. It was shown before Day of the Doctor not after it. (Edit: What Fraxis wrote is correct.)
  • FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    It's both.

It's not I'm afraid. A "prequel" is officially a film, book or play "whose narrative takes place before that of a preexisting work" so the BBC is (finally!) using the correct terminology to describe these mini episodes!!!

(Though "The Last Day" is technically going to be a 'sequel')

EDIT: I was beaten to it! Shouldn't have taken so much time to find the dictionary definition!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now it isn't on the DotD any more, just it's own release. Hardly fair on those who ordered it, but I had ordered both anyway.

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-dvd-pre-order/