Options

Nokia 5230 vs Nokia X3-02

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
Forum Member
Hi,

I am on 3 contract paying £5 for 300mins X-network and 300 text message with £5 download allowance. I can leave 3 anytime with one month notice as i have finished the period of my intial contract long time ago.

Recently 3 has offered me new package, if i renew my contract then i can pay £10 for 900 X-Network mins, 2000 text message, 1 GB internet allownace and 2000 3-3 mins. I will get Nokai 5230 phone on 18 month contract.

If i pay £12.50 for the same package then i will get a
Nokia X3-02.

Should i renew my contract and which phone is better?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Depends if you prefer value or a new handset. X3-02 is the newer, supposedly better model. It has a touchscreen and a keyboard, so if you're used to a keyboard it might be better.

The 5230 is a bit older, but gets a more positive write-up. It is definitely better for music and you'll get a bigger (although not necessarily better) screen.
    (info from here: http://www.store-3.co.uk/3-three-nokia-5230-black.html)
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X3-02 light but a bit crap.
    The 5230 has about a 300% higher resolution screen so is miles better,
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 5230 is a good handset, very good for music playback, internet experience is okay, but you can install Opera Mobile and it turns into a very good experience.

5230 also has the advantage of having a full GPS facility, and with the maps loaded on the device it'll use barely any data.

Whilst the cameras on both are relatively naff, the 5230 can turn in some surprisingly good results if you get creative, and it does a reasonable job on video recording.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    If you are happy with three and the phones they are offering then you should probably sign up.

The X3-02 is a newer phone and the touch type interface is said to be very good plus compared to the 5230 it has wifi and 5 mp camera instead of a 2mp. The 5230 is older but does have GPS with free Ovi maps and a bigger full touch screen. If you do prefer the 5230 its well worth asking 3 if/when they will be stocking the Nokia C5-03 which is the brand new replacement for the 5230 offering a few more up to date features like wifi and a better camera but still at a bargin price, if they quote a reasonable price it may be worth waiting a few weeks for that.
  • Options
    TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See if you can get a good deal on a Nokia 6303 Classic.

I brought a silver one on PAYG from Tesco Home Plus store back in March 2010 on Tesco Mobile as I was already with them so I just swapped my sim card from my old purpil Sony Ericsson W380i and put it in to the Nokia 6303 Classic and I was away. It is also an excellent mobile phone.

My godfather also owns a Nokia 6303 Classic but his is in black and on contract with O2 and he too thinks that it is the best phone that he has ever owned.

It is only a 2G and no Wi-Fi phone but it has a 3.2 megapixel camera with a 8x digital zoom and duel LED flash. It also has a very nice simple interface and a very funny monkey wallpaper and when you charge the phone up, what the monkey does is very funny.

Here are some link that will give you some more information about the Nokia 6303 Classic.

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&expIds=17259,23756,24878,27400,27586,27955&xhr=t&q=Nokia+6303+Classic&cp=12&pf=p&sclient=psy&site=&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=Nokia+6303+C&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=d06d8626f9c592a3

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/bestbuys/phones/mobile-phones-basic

If you decide not to get the Nokia 6303 Classic then at least make sure that you get a Nokia as I have found Nokia mobile phone to be the best out of all the other make of phone that I have owned over the years which have been Motorola, Sony and Nokia.

Good luck and I hope that you get the mobile phone and deal you want.